PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Greg Cosell - NFL Films - Hammers Ravens receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Flacco has been consistently bad in the post season with one exception and that was against the mighty KC Chiefs under that wacko HC they just fired.

Baltimore Ravens: 3 things we (might) learn in AFC championship game | Cold Hard Football Facts

Are you sure you are replying to me?

...because I made a post about Matt Stafford not being much better than Flacco if he was paired with Cam Cameron.

Somehow you interpreted it as a commentary on the playoffs (?) and then give a totally off topic response, prefaced by the word "actually" as if it was a response to my comments on Cam Cameron/Stafford.

BTW - If it is a reply, Stafford is 0-1 in the playoffs and just threw 2 INTs to the 'Aints Defense in a losing effort. Don't know how that's better than Flacco.

It doesn't matter what the critics say. What matters is how well can Flacco perform on Sunday. Can he outduel Tom Brady when it comes down to it? Brady faces a tougher challenge as the Ravens have strong corners and a freak rusher in Suggs as well as spaceaters up front in Ngata and Cody. Flacco has to minimize his mistakes but also do ENOUGH to keep the chains moving against what looks like a vulnerable Pats secondary.

However if Flacco turns the ball over early, this could get ugly very fast for the Ravens. You know that Brady and the Pats will be running the no huddle to try to gas the aging Ravens defense. You also know that Gronk, hernandez, and Welker will be dangerous weapons in the air. Giving Brady and that offense extra possesions not only gives the Pats more opportunities to score but will also mean the Ravens defense is running around more trying to keep up. By time 4th quarter comes they could be entirely gassed. And that spells big trouble!

Despite how maligned the Pats defensive unit is, this is actually a realistic scenario because this unit was #3 in the NFL in generating turnover advantage. No matter how much you may be dissatisfied with Cam Cameron, he might play it close to the vest to avoid such a scenario. The question then becomes how can he feature Ray Rice and what happens if the Pats can bottle up the Raven's premiere weapon. Can Flacco step up to the challenge and will he be allowed to do so?

These criticisms are all valid. It disgusts me, because Flacco would be producing with the best in the league if he got any help whatsoever.

He's been given all the help in the world.
For proof of that, see Tom Brady: 2006 season
I think what he has goes worlds beyond Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel.
Didnt the Pats try to get a couple of the WR's the Ravens have had the past few years.. ie. Mason & Boldin
BB, Brady and co. must have thought alot of them to try and acquire their services at one point or another.
Flacco sucks... End... Of... Discussion.

Are you sure you are replying to me?

...because I made a post about Matt Stafford not being much better than Flacco if he was paired with Cam Cameron.

Somehow you interpreted it as a commentary on the playoffs (?) and then give a totally off topic response, prefaced by the word "actually" as if it was a response to my comments on Cam Cameron/Stafford.

BTW - If it is a reply, Stafford is 0-1 in the playoffs and just threw 2 INTs to the 'Aints Defense in a losing effort. Don't know how that's better than Flacco.

No.. You said that Flacco has not been consistently bad. MoLewisRocks countered your point. Is it really that hard to follow when someone QUOTES YOU directly?

wow imagine if they were creative.

14 game Boldin and the Rookie Smith would have had 1,300 yard seasons instead of paltry 800 yard seasons playing 12 games against teams with top 10 defenses.

As for Ray Rice and the most productive tight-end duo second only to the Patriots.. they could have all gone to the pro-bowl if but for some ability to execute more complex formations..

:)

What are you smoking?

Your tight end duo is fair at best. I also think that even their paultry production is do to Flacco being a poor excuse for a QB and having to dump off often. Even Ray Rice is busy blocking sometimes or being covered, so the TE's are the logical dump off. He plays like a rookie after 4 years. Predictable and prone to dump of to his RB's and TE's.
Our TE duo not only cathes those short and intermediate throws, but splits out wide constantly .. and now has killer runs out of the backfield.
Don't let your jealousy of our TE's (who got snaked right out from under you) blind your assessment of your wn mediocre crew.

Our TE's are easily #1 and #2.. or #1 and #3 in this league. I doubt that Pitta or ****son crack the top 10

Did Brady have the garbage OL that we have suffered through the last couple years? Did his recievers rank near the top of the league in drops? Did he have a braindead monkey designing the offense and calling the plays?....ah forget it.

Nope! :D
Thanks for pointing out why The Patriots are a better team :D

See you Sunday! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes