PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Gradkowski becomes Raiders starter! (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Semi-OT: Gradkowski becomes Raiders starter!(merged)

I would have given Campbell a little longer to develop in thier system....QB carousel is almost an annual thing on Oakland and thats a part reason why they are so bad...instability at the most important position.

Come on, Al... bring back Russell for another shot, will ya? ;)

OT: 'The Big Pick' Gradkowski now starter for Raiders

Them damn Raiders and doing things fast this year. No hanging around with Jason Campbell, Gradkowski is in as starter now.

I thought from day 1 that bringing in Campbell was a huge mistake and so it has worked out. Gradknowski is better although he does have horrific days and is liable to throw an horrific pick at any stage.

NFL.com news: Gradkowski wrests Raiders' starting QB job from Campbell

Bruce Gradkowski will start at quarterback for the Oakland Raiders this week, a source with knowledge of the situation said Wednesday.
Fantasy take
Bruce Gradkowski isn't a sexy waiver-wire name like Michael Vick, but he does have a solid matchup against the Cardinals' struggling defense
this week. More ...

Gradkowski replaced Jason Campbell last Sunday, and the Raiders went on to beat the St. Louis Rams 16-14. Gradkowski will practice with the starters and be under center against the Arizona Cardinals this Sunday, according to the source.

NFL.com news: Gradkowski wrests Raiders' starting QB job from Campbell

I would have given Campbell a little longer to develop in thier system....QB carousel is almost an annual thing on Oakland and thats a part reason why they are so bad...instability at the most important position.

They gave him a game and a half! He isn't going to become MVP in that time!

They still have QB issues if u asked me.I still think the raiders arent going anywhere.Their OL has become a problem.

I see you got there just before me. Cue multiple Gradkowski/Raiders threads all at once. :D

I see you got there just before me. Cue multiple Gradkowski/Raiders threads all at once. :D

You know it's important when there are multiple threads ;)

That didn't take long.

Unfortunately, overall I think Gradkowski is a stabilizing force and reduces the Raiders implosion potential.

Gradkowski is the man. His throws knuckleballs, yet somehow always finds his man.

Its hard to balance rooting against the Raiders and rooting for Gradkowski...

Re: Semi-OT: Gradkowski becomes Raiders starter!(merged)

Campbell is awful. He telegraphs the snap by leaning which gives the linemen a jump in the pass rush. Gradkowski is the over-achiver type. He gives them the best chance to win. This is bad news for our draft pick.

Gradkowski is the best quarterback on their roster. This definitely isn't good news for our pick.

Have u seen their o-line?I am hoping for a 4-12 or 5-11 record.

Gradowski was 2-2 as a starter last year although he only played well in one game. Surprisingly he threw for 308 yards, 3 TDs, and no INTs vs. the Steelers while crapping the bed vs. Washington, Dallas, and Cincy.

The Pats are almost assured a top 10 pick from the Raiders and very likely a top 5 pick. Depending on how the season goes, it could be a top 3 pick. Doubt it will be a one or two though.

This is bad news.

I said from Day One that acquiring Campbell was a STEP BACK for them, despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth: Systems take a LONG time to learn, and losses abound.

This damages my expectations for the Raider's year: Now, I believe that them finishing in the 10-15 range is ALL too possible, whereas, before, they had a shot at #1.

Well, we'll see...

Gradowski was 2-2 as a starter last year although he only played well in one game. Surprisingly he threw for 308 yards, 3 TDs, and no INTs vs. the Steelers while crapping the bed vs. Washington, Dallas, and Cincy.

The Pats are almost assured a top 10 pick from the Raiders and very likely a top 5 pick. Depending on how the season goes, it could be a top 3 pick. Doubt it will be a one or two though.

Wasn't his game vs. the Steelers without Polamalu out there?

If so,that explains that - no Steelers defense with Polamalu ever gives up 300 in the air

Definitely bad news. Some people were concerned with the Raiders getting Campbell but I pointed out Campbell's garbage win/loss record as a starter.

Gradkowski is better than JC imo and he is eons better than Jamarcus Russell. I saw the Oakland-Pittsburgh game last year and behind Grad they look like a team that could make a run at .500. I'm somewhat worried now but we'll see... I thought Vince Young coming in for Kerry Collins would make Tennessee worse last year (if that was possible)

Unfortunately, overall I think Gradkowski is a stabilizing force and reduces the Raiders implosion potential.
yep. This improves them. Kyle Boller would actually be the smart move if they wanted to shoot a little higher than Gradkowski's mediocrity. It could backfire though, and earn them the #1 pick.

yep. This improves them. Kyle Boller would actually be the smart move if they wanted to shoot a little higher than Gradkowski's mediocrity. It could backfire though, and earn them the #1 pick.

... US the #1 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes