PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Former Pats Player Talib could be suspended for 8 games and Broncos fans are mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh the irony! I guess the Broncos fans see what it is like.

Aqib Talib Is Now Facing 8 Game Suspension and Broncos Fans Are Mad

process
LOL ... RoDger.

Their defense will be fine. Harris is better and a top 5 corner and Roby is a future star who's already one of the better nickel corners in the NFL

It's bittersweet because fans should already be outraged. It shouldn't take their team being in some **** for them to see it.
I guess you don't hang out with the NFL's down-trodden very much. They just don't care about why, they don't care that it might happen to their team some day, they're just glad the Pats took one up the dumper.

This is the new world order of the mighty NFL. Get used to it fans. Or get out. The fans and players of all teams will eventually catch on, I hope.
Yes, one side effect of all of this is King Roger is judge, jury and executioner and the only thing that's going to change that is a loss in the Supreme Court or a change in the CBA, and neither are likely. The smug arrogant prick got what he wanted, aided by a bunch of players who care more about shorter practices than they do about their own rights.

So, yes, I do expect we will see teams change their behavior. The net outcome of this saga is that King Roger has absolute, unquestionable power when it comes to discipline. You'd be foolish to not factor that into your future plans. Of course our owner is a dottering old fool who is more concerned about hanging out with other billionaires while boinking a 20-something model than protecting the integrity of his team so we'll probably see some future disgraces heading our way.

Even if he didn't shoot anybody, he must have done something.
Talib better be ready to hand over his cell phone and any other thing the NFL can try to use against him, because NFL.

Pretty much. Now that they're not dragging Peyton's corpse to the Super Bowl, I doubt Goodell cares one way or the other about the Broncos. If anything, probably rooting for them to do poorly so everyone can point to it as proof of how great Peyton was.
Now that Peyton is history, the NYJFL would love to "protect the integrity of the game" and take the Donks down a notch or two.

Their defense will be fine. Harris is better and a top 5 corner and Roby is a future star who's already one of the better nickel corners in the NFL

they are going to be much more like the 2014 defense.....travathan was their best inside player and jackson gave them inside athleticism.....ware is another year older and miller got his $

their defense last year was the anomaly......wade phillips defenses are like a yo-yo from year to year

sung to the tune of the Nationwide jingle...Aqib Talib just cant shoot straight

He definatley takes the saying "shot myself in the foot" to a whole new level.

Maybe Roger's plan is to systematically suspend any good players from teams who have a chance to be over .500 in the AFC who "get accused" of doing something, so the Jets can have a chance to make the playoffs.

Yeah, he had to be generally aware it was his gun.

Repeat offender....

And the Broncos cheated on their salary cap back when Elway was playing so they're double repeat offenders!

Maybe Roger's plan is to systematically suspend any good players from teams who have a chance to be over .500 in the AFC who "get accused" of doing something, so the Jets can have a chance to make the playoffs.

The Broncos might go 8-8 with Talib. Without him will maybe cost them a game in the win column...maybe.

We may need to check his cell phone for evidence.

They already lost Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan. Losing Talib for any extended period of time compounds that. Roby is a better Harris replacement than Talib replacement. Losing Talib takes away a lot of their ability to match up downfield against bigger receiving options.

That said, I'm not projecting them to turn to **** or anything. I'd bet the defense will still be close to 2014-level, as long as at least 2 of Ware/Wolfe/Miller stay reasonably healthy. They're still a playoff team, most likely. But when they're coming off of an all-time great defense dragging a competent offense to the SB, falling back to "very good" on D is a pretty big gap.

This is all part of Kraft's long play here...he told Goodell he would continue to support him if over the next couple of seasons he levied a draconian punishment on every rival of the Pats. This is number one. The Jets have no idea what's coming.

I will be shocked if he gets a game or 2. If he does it will not be for the Pats matchup in December. You can bank on that.

1-2 max...the league is about integrity so there is no chance he gets 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back