PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Donkeys release McManus

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently making that doink against the crossbar from 33 yards out isn't a good thing? :p

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11937765/denver-broncos-cut-kicker-brandon-mcmanus

And now they're on their third kicker of the season (having cut Matt Prater as well). This is why I think re-signing Gostkowski is imperative; the Pats have a K they have complete faith in, and there's no reason to think he can't continue to be a top-5 K in the league for another decade. I sure as h*** don't want to see him either going to the Donkeys in the offseason, or, possibly worse, going to Indy to replace Vinatieri.

Just one more reason that the Pats special teams units are the best in the league.

Apparently making that doink against the crossbar from 33 yards out isn't a good thing? :p

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11937765/denver-broncos-cut-kicker-brandon-mcmanus

And now they're on their third kicker of the season (having cut Matt Prater as well). This is why I think re-signing Gostkowski is imperative; the Pats have a K they have complete faith in, and there's no reason to think he can't continue to be a top-5 K in the league for another decade. I sure as h*** don't want to see him either going to the Donkeys in the offseason, or, possibly worse, going to Indy to replace Vinatieri.

This!

And I'd prefer they just get the deal done with Ghost soon, because they may need the franchise tag for Mccourty if they can't work out the details of what is sure to be a substantial free safety contract

I always want to see people succeed in the NFL but McManus wasn't even that good at Temple. If you can't make a 50 yard kick in Denver then you just can't make one and that's what teams need from their Kickers in today's NFL.

You have no idea how pissed I'll be if the Broncos sign another one of our former players

Even the Sanders signing - it felt like he should've been ours 2 seasons ago

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back