PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Dave Meggett's son signs with Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Wow, I knew Meggett was a scumbag, but I didn't know just how much of a scumbag until I read this article:

Meggett follows NFL path of imprisoned father

Sounds like this kid has a really good head on his shoulders and won't make the same mistakes his dad made. Then again, it sounds like Dave is his father in biological terms only so there wasn't a lot of influence there anyway.

Back in the day - spring of 1998 - I stumbled upon a sports memorabilia store that was having a going out of business sale and found a white Meggett jersey for 10 bucks. (Or maybe 20, can't remember for sure. Either way it was super cheap.) Literally two days later the story broke about him smacking around that prostitute in Canada. I have never worn that jersey. I've tried it on at home once or twice but I won't wear it.

[Dave Meggett] is now serving a 30-year prison sentence for the 2009 rape of a woman in his hometown Charleston, S.C.

WTF?!

I had just presumed this guy had slowly slithered into obscurity following the sordid business of having ripped off a prostitute following their liaison. UGH!

:bricks::bricks::bricks:

WTF?!

I had just presumed this guy had slowly slithered into obscurity following the sordid business of having ripped off a prostitute following their liaison. UGH!

:bricks::bricks::bricks:

You didn't know this?

Dave Meggett was an admirable football player, which made it shocking how despicable a person he was.

It sounds as if his biological son has benefited a little from the first (name recognition, major football figures calling to check in on him, perhaps a little advice straight from Dave, etc.). He may even have benefited from the second (if you have some of those genes, don't mess around with your impulse control).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes