PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi - OT: Cowboys Jones hints at end of revenue sharing????

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are better methods than subsidizing owners who haven't a clue what to do to make money and refuse advice from those owners who do.

Cities that cannot support a team shouldn't have one. Of course, part of the support is local TV audience. Owners who will not market and will not act responsibly enough to make money should be ALLOWED to fail.

I am not suggesting serious changes to the draft and cap structure that has given the NFL its success. Some minor changes are inevitable and are included in each CBA. I am suggesting that moving failing teams will help rather than hurt the league. And if the league needs to go back to 30 healthy teams for awhile, the league will benefit long-run when new financially sound teams are added. There would be no lost jobs if rosters were increased to 57 to make up for the reduction in the number of teams.

The REAL revenue sharing issues are between the teams and the players. The open questions including how high the percentage should be and what revenues should be included and excluded.

So, if I were the owners, I would consider identifying the losing teams and see how many can be moved and which will fail and go forward. This should be done as part of the implementation of the new CBA.

Teams will have to fold rather than move. Wilson is an egotistical ahole but if you think the Bills haven't tried to wring every dollar possible from the local economy (except the naming rights) I think you're missing on this.

So, fold 6 teams.

Because there are no other cities out there that will support the Bills better than Buffalo supports them. LA, of course, but we all know the problems there.

The five teams in trouble: Buffalo, Jax, San Diego, Oakland, Cincy, Minnesota. I'd like to see how Detroit and Indianapolis are going to do through this economic upheaval, because Indy is having stadium problems, it's small market, and Detroit is cratering with the auto industry.

Its not a matter of them moving. Its a matter of them going under period. As I mentioned the league could lose numerous franchises. And spreading to Canada and London is NOT the answer.

When he (and possibly others) see "their" money going to the Bengals, and the Bengals are still the Bungles and decline good revenue streams like stadium naming rights, I can see them getting pissy. It is like seeing a welfare recipient spending it on liquor.*

*Yeah, 1 in a few hundred - if it is legal some place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back