Welcome to PatsFans.com

Semi OT: Brian Dawkins sour grapes?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

First off, for those that read all the posters on CMB that say how, 1) The refs were one-sided, 2) The Pats are cheap-shot artists, 3) Belichick cheated once again: A) I am NOT part of this crowd(and I get alot of flack about this over there), B) The CMB is not even 1% of the entire Cowboys fan base, and C) Most of my (real)Dallas friends realize the Pats are THAT good.

Anyhow, you might get a good laugh over this post at the CMB:

Hey I am downtown philly to sign a contract today and I was just sitting in my hotel room watching the ETN (Eagles Television Network) Comcast Sports Network. I heard something pretty intresting, They spoke alot about the phillies trying to sign schilling at the end of the season and then went on to talk about Dawkins he did an interview where he spoke about the cowboys. He said that we a realy good team and that if cowboys and New England played 10 times in a row it would end up 5-5 he said New England got the best of us this time and looks forward to seeing a rematch later in the year. When they asked him who he wanted to win he said of course he has to go with his boy T.O. and besides New England beat him in the Superbowl. He also said they are abunch of cheap shot artist and that T.O. should know that because every time he cought a ball in the Superbowl they where twisting and turning his ankle and the med staff had to keep retaping it. They asked him about his contract and if he and Westbrook would be returning next year and he said I'll tell you what I told management at the beging of the year if we are staying competetive I will stay but if I feel that we don't have a shot at a championship then I will go somewhere that I do have a shot. He has taken paycuts in philly in the past and being good friends with T.O. I just can't help but wonder if there is a chance that he could become a Cowboy. What do yall think about this? Would it be a good move? And who would you cut from our D to put B.Dawk on our active roster next year?
  2. NE39

NE39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brian Dawkins signed a 2 -year contract extension with Philly prior to this season and isn't a free agent until after 2008 (when he will be 36). He is going nowhere. Westbook is signed a 5 year contract extension with Philly late in the 2005 season and is under contract with them through 2010.

Given those facts, I would guess the above item is complete and utter bull****.
  3. Mungo

Mungo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"He also said they are abunch of cheap shot artist and that T.O. should know that because every time he cought a ball in the Superbowl they where twisting and turning his ankle and the med staff had to keep retaping it."

oh BS!!! Randall Gay covered him the entire game, I dont even think Gay knows how to be cheapshot artist.
  4. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yea...i do remember Gay getting illegally picked during TO's longest pass reception.
  5. danny88

danny88 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It is called jelousy my friend. It's a sickness. The entire NFL has patsasitus. Let em talk. We talk on the field.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  6. SeymoreButts

SeymoreButts Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Did Brian Dawkins even play in Superbowl 39? I can't remember if he made a tackle!!! Hey Brian actually show up in the big games before you run your mouth!!!!
  7. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, he made Dave Patten drop the ball just by running in his direction a couple times, so I would say his presence was felt.
  8. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've seen his interviews numerous times and that sounds NOTHING like him. Heck he was one of the outspoken players during spygate that gave the Patriots the utmost respect and made a comment to the extent of "film or no film players have to make plays and the Patriots players make them".

He's a laid back player and not once have I ever heard him disrespect and player or team. I'd have to say that above story is bogus.
  9. Nordy

Nordy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I find it pretty hard to believe he would openly talk about playing for the Cowboys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.