PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Boston sports fans in Maxim

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeShowin

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Did anybody see the April issue of Maxim magazine? I was just reading it in my library (the crapper), and got to an article titled "Why the Sports World Hates Boston." I haven't read the article yet, but I can tell it's gonna p*ss me off just by a line in the first paragraph.

And what about the so-called superstars? Tom Brady, who struts around as if he manufactures gold nuggets within the confines of his anus.

Here's the link: http://www.maximonline.com/Whythesportsworldhatesboston/articles/19555.aspx

Mods: I didn't know if I should put this here. If it belongs somewhere else, forgive me and move it to the correct place. I figured this is the spot for it because it is football related and cracks on us. Thanks guys. :)

Last edited:
Re: Semi-OT:Boston sports fans in Maxim

While the losers from everywhereelseville will love (meaning hate, causing them to seethe, mutter, and curse under their breaths) the article, so will us homers! I loved it, it detailed exactly why we are proud (and to outsiders, arrogant) of our sports franchises, and what decades (centuries?) of losing have enabled us to enjoy more than any other fans in maybe the history of sports. Plus Drop Kick Murphys quotes are always worth reading in any article - particularly when beer cans are hurled.

While the losers from everywhereelseville will love (meaning hate, causing them to seethe, mutter, and curse under their breaths) the article, so will us homers! I loved it, it detailed exactly why we are proud (and to outsiders, arrogant) of our sports franchises, and what decades (centuries?) of losing have enabled us to enjoy more than any other fans in maybe the history of sports. Plus Drop Kick Murphys quotes are always worth reading in any article - particularly when beer cans are hurled.

Cool. I'll finish the article next time I head to the library. :rocker:

Great article....after so many years wanting to be the best, now, Boston we ARE!!

The Patriots taught all the other teams how to win and they have followed suit.

Pats are nowhere near done......

What a great time to be a New England sports fan - eat your hearts out everywhere else, you all do really suck.

Everyone present was a die-hard New England fan, save one lowly sound technician who rooted for New York. So, in the game’s aftermath, did the Murphys let their friend enjoy his moment? Did they allow him to revel in the joy of Super Bowl triumph? Did they pat him on the back and say, “Nice job, bud”?

“No friggin’ way,” says Casey. “We chucked beer cans at his head and told him he could go straight to hell.”

Hahaha. That was pretty much my attitude toward everyone after that game.

man...for some reason....i just dont know....i love....the hate

when will these numbnut ny lovin' idiots get it? babe ruth was not traded. he was bought by the mfy. that's how they won those prehistoric ws. they bought them. just like they've been trying to do since free agency started. thankfully, the sox put an end to that. just another bitter ny'er jealous of boston's supremacy.

I just finished reading the article, and I want to punch this guy square in the mouth. Who the hell is he to make generalizations about Boston fans? Granted, he does describe a large number of fans correctly.

But what I have a huge issue with is this line:

No, the most irksome thing about the whole situation was how it perfectly represented what Boston’s sports fans have become.

In a word: *******s.

Excuse me pal. I have not become an @sshole.

I've ALWAYS been one!:rocker:

I read it - it was amusing. While a die-hard Pats fan I am not a "Boston" sports fan so I can see both sides of the article. Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself.....

I read it - it was amusing. While a die-hard Pats fan I am not a "Boston" sports fan so I can see both sides of the article. Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself.....

like hell.....i did better, i laughed at the author....and those who he represents

like hell.....i did better, i laughed at the author....and those who he represents

Really what it proves is that winning teams get inside people's heads, and it just so happens the Boston area has 2 teams that have won a bunch of championships lately and a 3rd is making a run, so naturally people find a way to knock the whole area down. You don't hear a lot of smack about Dallas fans lately do you?

I guarantee if you saw a person wearing Seattle sports gear (M's, Seahawks) everyday going to work, you'd probably only really notice it the day after Seattle wins a championship.

Thanks. Gotta enjoy the hate while it lasts. Better than being a lovable loser.

(Yes, he even spells out that option.)

haven't read it yet but i'll get to it, pretty much focused on the C's right now tomorrow night should be another blowout

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes