PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Self-Inflicted Gag Order: The latest from Peppers' agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Self-Inflicted Gag Order: The latest from Peppers' agent.

Nope. What Adam Schefter said about Cassel & more is what he said. Also, notice the other prediction on there as well.

The thing with what schefter said was he's going off his own opinion not what his sources were telling him. Vic on the other hand seems to be sticking by his sources even after schef came out with his opinion. I think shecfter is the best in the business at what he does but I'll take vics sources over schefters opinion in this case.

Last edited:

so, by not commenting we can safely assume there's not something not in the works.....

YOU HEAR THAT, MIGUEL?!

Rather childish on your part.

Hey, Julius Peppers is no Adam Seward....

Sorry folks... per WEEI sportsflash, Adam seward is now a Colt!

Given all the uproar it was probably a wise move by Peppers' agent to stifle him on this subject before someone says the wrong thing and accusations begin to fly. I don't take this particular news as anything more than that.

But...:D My arm twitches a LOT everytime I see that straw:yeeha:

The thing with what schefter said was he's going off his own opinion not what his sources were telling him. Vic on the other hand seems to be sticking by his sources even after schef came out with his opinion. I think shecfter is the best in the business at what he does but I'll take vics sources over schefters opinion in this case.

Exactly, this is what I've been trying to explain to some people.

what intrigues me about the whole thing is that its been a week since Schefter came out and said it wont happen and the speculation is still there. Also BB all but gave Peppers free advice on EEI the other day on how to get out of Dodge as it were. If they do it I think he doesnt come here unless they know they can keep at least Big Vince as well and most likely Seymour too which means he aint getting top dollar at least not up front. Despite what some people think on here and the callers on EEI Seymour is the most important piece to the puzzle. He is doubled every play and if he isnt he makes the play everytime. Just becuase he doesnt get the numbers doesnt mean he isnt still the most dominant force on the field when it comes to our D-fense. Instead of just coming out and saying he isnt this or that watch the film and see how many times at least 2 people make sure Seymour isnt killing the QB or RB on every single play

what intrigues me about the whole thing is that its been a week since Schefter came out and said it wont happen and the speculation is still there. Also BB all but gave Peppers free advice on EEI the other day on how to get out of Dodge as it were. If they do it I think he doesnt come here unless they know they can keep at least Big Vince as well and most likely Seymour too which means he aint getting top dollar at least not up front. Despite what some people think on here and the callers on EEI Seymour is the most important piece to the puzzle. He is doubled every play and if he isnt he makes the play everytime. Just becuase he doesnt get the numbers doesnt mean he isnt still the most dominant force on the field when it comes to our D-fense. Instead of just coming out and saying he isnt this or that watch the film and see how many times at least 2 people make sure Seymour isnt killing the QB or RB on every single play

I wholeheartedly agree that keeping Vince and Seymour, among others, is a very high priority.

That is exactly why this Peppers stuff seems so unlikely. For all the talk about how it "could" happen with is tender and all, the reason I'm skeptical is because the Pats have their own issues to deal with that would seem to take priority over acquiring a guy like Peppers. I realize they sorely need to upgrade their pass rush, but given the guys they have coming up for new contracts it seems they will have to do that through the draft or if they can sign a guy like Taylor with a much shorter financial commitment than Peppers would require.

Also, the idea that Peppers is going to sign for short money is a little silly. Even if he is willing to take a little less to play on a 3-4 team like he wants, it is still going to be a ridiculous amount of money. Even if he doesn't chase every last dollar, his "paycut" is going to make him one of the NFL's highest players. To think otherwise is to engage in fantasy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back