Welcome to PatsFans.com

Self-imposed Oil Crisis? If so, why??

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Some intriguing and troubling thoughts came to my inbox this morning, from two very reliable sources.

First, there is (apparently) at least twice as much oil in Alaska as is currently coming from the Prudhoe Bay reserve, which itself produces some 2 million barrels per DAY. Gull Island is this very seldom mentioned oil field, and it is located in the Beaufort Sea, only five miles from Prudhoe Bay.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cach...h17.html Gull Island&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Anybody hear of this before?

//

2. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Here's another article on the same subject:

[size=+3]Alaska’s Gull Island Oil Fields Could Power U.S. for 200 Years[/size]

By Mark Anderson

“Crude oil is the real ‘currency’ of the world,” said Lindsey Williams at a gathering of the Midwest Concerned Citizens group in Kansas City on July 22. But Americans will never hear about huge oil and gas reserves in the United States, which, if ever tapped, would bring today’s fuel prices at least as low as $1.50 per gallon and make America more energy independent.

As a Baptist missionary in the 1970s, Williams said he rubbed elbows with members of the world’s power elite—who boasted of detailed 30-year and 50-year plans to control the flow of oil and information.

A huge quantity of crude oil and natural gas exists under Gull Island, located in the waters of Prudhoe Bay in Alaska, says Williams. He cited key British Petroleum memoranda and related the statements of upper echelon oil officials who told him that Gull Island would be kept under wraps, limiting domestic supplies so Americans would someday see prices hit up to $10 a gallon at the pump.

“Every issue in the world today relates to crude oil,” said Williams. The U.S. occupation of Iraq and the saber rattling about attacking Iran fit into the crude oil matrix.

Iran is being targeted because it’s one of several countries that want to use their own currencies for oil sales, rather than using the U.S. dollar. Williams told AFP that any country that doesn’t want to “play ball” with the U.S. government and the financial and oil interests is, in essence, put on a hit list.

The United States, he said, learned that Iran intended to form its own bourse and not use the dollar for oil sales. Therefore, the notion that Iran is a menacing “almost-nuclear” country was trumped up, presented as fact via the corporate media and Iran is now in the crosshairs.

Other nations wanting more independence from U.S. meddling include Norway, Venezuela, Nigeria, Bolivia, Sweden and Russia.

The 30-year plan, which was first proposed three decades ago and is nearing fruition, included smug assurances from oil officials that the United States will triple its crude-oil usage and alternative fuels will not be allowed to gain enough ground to make a difference. They also noted that all foreign oil production will be scaled back to the United States and that Americans soon will pay $4 to $5 a gallon at the pump and could pay as much as $7 to $10 down the road.

In the early 1960s crude oil was selected as a tool of world control, Williams said, adding, “What we pay at the gas pump is a form of taxation.” The American consumer’s dependence on crude oil thus far has enabled people from foreign oil-producing nations to buy T-bills (U.S. treasury notes) in order to support the U.S. national debt and continued deficit spending. The need to support that debt puts the U.S. government in a bind, forcing Americans to remain dependent on foreign oil.

Williams, as a chaplain in 1970 when the trans-Alaskan oil pipeline was finished, ministered among the pipeline workers. However, as time passed he made a favorable impression with the top brass and was asked to improve worker-company relations. Next thing he knew, he said he was sitting at meetings of the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund and various meetings of oil executives over a three-year period.

He told AFP that the IMF-World Bank acts as a middleman between oil producing nations and refineries. In so doing, they set oil prices, he said.

The big event in that three-year period was in 1977 when an Atlantic Richfield oil executive told him, “We have just drilled into the largest pool of oil in North America—[and] in the world!”

That pool was Gull Island. It was said that there was enough natural gas to supply America for 200 years. But to this day, “not one drop” of that oil has been released to American refineries, Williams said.

Williams said the executive had warned him that the Gull Island find was highly classified. Do not repeat any of this, he was told. Obviously, that warning did not stop him.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/gull_island_oil.html

Not Copyrighted. Readers can reprint and are free to redistribute - as long as full credit is given to American Free Press - 645 Pennsylvania Avenue SE, Suite 100 Washington, D.C. 20003

//

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  3. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Gee, and this list has so much talk about "peak oil", the "end of the line for cheap oil", and all that kind of stuff. Now we have some real information on the matter of HUGE oil fields in Alaska, and nobody wants to talk about it???

So "peak oil" was just a scare tactic. OK, now we know.

:singing:

//

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Do you think oil will last forever?
    Do you think the burning of fossil fuels harms the environment and human health?

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

Haliburton, Cheney & Bush Oil is what they like to talk about, we should get our oil anywhere and everywhere as long as it isn't from those Murdering bastards in the middle east, but we won't.

6. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No and yes. So, what kind of bike you use, since you gave up driving all motorized vehicles?? What solar power company did you use to get your home powered up 100% by solar? And, since you don't use any air planes, buses, trains anymore -- because you are holier-than-God to save the environment -- don't you miss getting out of Wistah in the winter? I mean, once in a while??

Oil is by definition a finite product, but being finite could mean anything from five minutes more to five thousand years more. The articles I have offered up say there is enough oil in Alaska to provide for America's needs for "200 years". That's a lot of oil.

So, can't we at least discuss the possibilities of tapping this resource, or is the mere mention of oil drilling in American territory now a cardinal sin and capital crime???

//

7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, but WHY NOT???

:confused: :confused:

//

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

Beats me, maybe Press Cover could tell us--:singing:

9. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +136 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

yes, i thinkk this has been know for a while...but no one wants to tap into Alaska quite yet. We might be at that point now. My question is this: if we started drilling in Alaska, how much $$ would we be saving. I think the oil firms would rake us over the coals just as bad as the Saudis

10. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I lean toward believing that would be the case, as well. Why not a full Congressional inquiry into oil company profits?? If necessary, why not nationalize the oil fields?? If Hooogo Chavez can do it, why not the U.S.A.?? We need more transparency than we are getting. I don't trust the oil companies but I also don't trust AlGore and the doomsday fanatics. We need to find a sensible middle ground.

//

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +825 / 27 / -33

I have read and heard just the opposite, that there is not that much oil available.. need to post from a more reliable source than some unnamed blog.. no idea where this is from.. could it be from liesfromtheneoconrightwingbullshyt.com do not think that this is an option until there is a very serious development in conserving fuel...makes no sense.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/05/0507_arcticrefuge.html

The coastal plain's hard beauty is exceptional, but it is what lies underneath that makes this place controversial: oil.

With anywhere from 5.7 billion to 16 billion barrels of oil, the coastal plain may hold the largest undeveloped onshore reserves in North America.

12. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

In case anyone's wondering, Saudi Arabia claims to have 260 Billion Barrels of proven reserves. One can't be sure of that, there's reasons for them to lie. So the US Geological Survey would have to be off by a factor of 40 for this to be true. That's an awful big discrepancy to bury in a nation who's past Presidents were unable to bury the Watergate Scandal or the Lewinski affair.

13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +465 / 12 / -14

There is lots of oil and other carbon based energy. Availiable enough for a few hundred years, but eco loby is preventig development and any new refineries.

For reference The Saudi's have ~ 260 BB of oil

First the artic, this is in addition to Anwar.

http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=56408

Then FL where the cubans are letting the chicoms drill while we let our natural resources be stolen...

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/china_starts_oil_drilling.html

Then in N Dokota:

http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/next-energy-news2.13s.html

http://geology.com/news/2006/12/colorado-oil-shale-leases-green-river.html

Then there is gas derived from coal.

http://www.slate.com/id/2152036/?nav=ais

Then there are the tar sands in the rockies, algae based bio deisel, it we wanted to we could b eenergy independent, but political considerations won't allow it

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Pressy's on sabattical since he doesn't have the quorum he needs to join him in his personal attack crusades against anyone right of Frederich Engels.

:rolleyes:

//

15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, why aren't all these issues getting the air time in the MSM?? Does the MSM want us to be oil dependent on Saudi, Venezuela, Russia and Nigeria??? Does the MSM really want the U.S. to come under foreign domination??? Why would they want that?? What is their thinking?? Sounds pretty freaking sick to me.

:mad:

//

16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +465 / 12 / -14

The MSM buys into the GW scam, are oposed to frilling oil and they don't want refineries built. Just look at how the the eco lobby has fillibustered any attempts to develop our resources for 30 years.

17. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You might want to start re-reading my old threads.

I agree absolutely either way.

I didn't come here to throw stuff.

YES.

It is true.

FALSE SCARCITY = VERY HIGH PRICES...

18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Does anyone here think the burning of fossil fuels harms the environment and human health?

19. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Good stuff...

FALSE SCARCITY = MASSIVE PROFITS.

Think about it.

North Amerikan Union.

DING DING DING...

20. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

hehehehe...

when you ride your bike 4,000 miles... to get to a weekend j-o-b meeting...

tell me what you feel like.

Give me a fcuking break...

Oil was made for a reason.

It wasn't to wash your hair either.

When you burn oil, it emits carbon dioxide.

So, it's good for the plants.

I don't give 2 shTis about Albert Fcucking Gore.

He is a fcuking tool in a tool shed.

His family background you should seriously research.

It is corrupt absolutely.

I DARE YOU TO RESEARCH IT...