PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seely to Cleveland - NOT Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangini went out of his way to burn bridges behind him with his actions.

==================================================

I think Mangini's position at this time makes it more attractive for him to pull in a good staff, The Browns have given Mangini the keys.

And it goes to show that Mangini was not burning bridges, as accused by so many. Of course there was the Branch tampering thing that I am sure pissed off a few in the Pats org.

Seems Mangini is better thought of in coaching circles then at patsfan.com.
Which is fine and to be expected.

Last edited:
==================================================

I think Mangini's position at this time makes it more attractive for him to pull in a good staff, The Browns have given Mangini the keys.

And it goes to show that Mangini was not burning bridges, as accused by so many. Of course there was the Branch tampering thing that I am sure pissed off a few in the Pats org.

Seems Mangini is better thought of in coaching circles then at patsfan.com.
Which is fine and to be expected.

According to the reports I heard, nobody wanted any part of Mangini EXCEPT Lerner.

According to the reports I heard, nobody wanted any part of Mangini EXCEPT Lerner.

======================================================

Thats what I heard also.

Still it seems as former Pats players and coaches don't have an issue with Eric.

But in all honesty $ talk, and that had to be the biggest reason for Seely to sighn with the Browns. Why else would you take your family to Cleavland over Seattle, if you had a choice.

======================================================

Thats what I heard also.

Still it seems as former Pats players and coaches don't have an issue with Eric.

But in all honesty $ talk, and that had to be the biggest reason for Seely to sighn with the Browns. Why else would you take your family to Cleavland over Seattle, if you had a choice.
To watch LeBron one would assume ;)

People leaving to be with Mangini, RAC willing to stay with Mangini all seems to be evidence that the story I was told by someone who knows Bob Kraft about what really happened with Spygate seems to be true.

People leaving to be with Mangini, RAC willing to stay with Mangini all seems to be evidence that the story I was told by someone who knows Bob Kraft about what really happened with Spygate seems to be true.

=======================================================

Don't leave me hanging, what did he say?:)

=======================================================

Don't leave me hanging, what did he say?:)

=================================================

Bump for Forno.

The Penguin (Mangini) stole another coach !

Ever since he left, The Penguin has behaved as though he had the "right of first refusal" on anyone who left the Pats. One could imply he was trying to re-create the '04-'05 team, while the Patriots are evolving.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in Cleveland. Hopefully, for their organization, they don't turn into the "disfunctional mess" that Cower characterized the Jets as being. I suspect history may well repeat itself though, if the refusal to hand the team over to Pioli and his infatuation with The Penguin is any indication of Lerner's football acumen.

As for Seely,his best yrs were turning around the penalty-ridden mess that was the '05 season. Once Chatham and Davis were gone, and Welker came on board to replace Brown, things really picked up. IMO, the current success is as much a product of the quality of the youngsters as anything. It's time for a fresh face.

Oh big deal. Look at what's happened to all these guys after leaving BB - Romeo, Charlie, Mangina. They've all been embarrassments.

I'm not worried. BB will find replacements that will fit his style and move on.

Oh big deal. Look at what's happened to all these guys after leaving BB - Romeo, Charlie, Mangina. They've all been embarrassments.

I'm not worried. BB will find replacements that will fit his style and move on.

Romeo wasn't an embarrassment. Phil Savage was the embarrassment in Cleveland.. Partcularly with the players he brought in.. Though they did have their fair share of injuries..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back