PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seeking training camp autograph advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dank Franklin

On the Roster
Reaction score
My wife and I have been trying for years to make it to training camp, as we live about 1200 miles away from Gillette Stadium, and we finally made it today. So did the *#@%& weather, which appears to be staying put for the 3 days we'll be around. One of my main goals is to get an autographed ball for my dad who's been a rabid Pats fan since day one of the franchise's inception. The weather is not looking good for the next couple of days, which could be a major deterrent in my quest to obtain autographs. Regardless, I'm not sure exactly what the best way to get autographs is so I'd love to get some tips from TC vets. I've been told about 10 different things from the Gillette staff, so I don't know what to believe!

Any guidance would be GREATLY appreciated!

I've been for years. My advice, skip the autographs, they're for Walter Mitty losahs (edit) and kids.

Last edited:
Go to the Pro Shop immediately (and I mean immediately) following practice. There will usually be a few players signing down there.

If there is outdoor practice, the best advice is to, well, use force.

You can take your chances and wait at the practice field for autographs after each session. If it is packed it can be hit or miss. But it most likely the only place to get Brady's autograph.

IF you don't mind leaving the practice field there is an area outside of the pro-shop where you can get in line and the staff will usher you into this fenced in area. It is important to get in line early though, because it seems like they limit the number of people they let in to around 200.

Anyway - once they let the fans in the gated area they relock the gate and then you wait until players arrive... The players usually sign for everyone. There are usually 3-4 guys signing.

But you do miss most of the practice session and you may get all rookies. But then again my kids got to meet Troy Brown, Rodney and many others. Good luck!

Get there early ABout 1 hour wait at the gate to the pratice fields when they open I found it best to get on the grassy hill front row close to the rope as you can. Got 3 autographs on friday there. Good Luck

I was there Friday for the first one but didn't get any autographs...I was right on the rope and Brady signed the one right next to me...I was pissed...and when Maroney was coming over...they blew the horn...oh well...there's always in-stadium practice!!!

Thanks (to most of you) for the insight! Much appreciated!

My advice would be to go to the area by the Pro Shop.

Just buy the autographs on ebay, it's much much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back