Welcome to PatsFans.com

seeing kevin everett

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by tuckeverlasting, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

as much as i love the pats, seeing kevin everett on the nfln walking and talking is so inspiring it's unbelievable. congratulation to him and the bills medical staff. i just have to say " way to go kevin" and way to go bills.
  2. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +126 / 19 / -8

#18 Jersey

Forget the Patriots. Kevin Everett is the NFL's number one story this year, and indeed a huge story outside the NFL too. The man should serve as inspiration to millions. He was not even expected to survive his first night in the hospital. Then it was touch and go. Then it was likely he would have legs amputated or paralyzed for good.

Now he can walk and talk, almost like a normal (non football) person in only a few short months. Unreal. Unbelievable.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  3. buile

buile PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yep, fantastic story, and a great credit to the Bills' medical/trainer staff. I was a fan when Stingley was paralyzed, so this story resonates extra with me.
  4. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

i remember the stingley play like it was yesterday. he would be proud.
  5. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Yes...DS's hit haunts me...and I did see Everett on oprah...just incredible!! And they had on Hixon as well...as they have talked..and He got cut and is with the G-men...but what they did with the cold injections was a risk..the doctor said he was taking a chance..and it should be more standard...It also happened to DT Cedric Killings a few weeks later and....one NEVER hears anything at all about how he is doing....
  6. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

seeing and recalling that play still gives me chills; watching him seemingly lifelessly collapse to the grass. but he hung in there
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.