PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

See You In Brazil!

Continuing on from the Denmark-Cameroon theme. What a goal from Rommedahl, he's had a cracking game so far. Yte another shocking performance from Assou-Ekotto though. He was terrible against Japan as well.

Performance from 2 games =|= overall world standing. Yes are having a terrible world cup. Last night was the worst i have ever seen England play, no ability on the ball, no creativity.
You mean they actually played worse than they did in the game where the goalie let in a goal on a shot my sister could have saved?

Team MP W D L GF GA PointsPts
Slovenia 2 1 1 0 3 2 4
USA 2 0 2 0 3 3 2
England 2 0 2 0 1 1 2
Algeria 2 0 1 1 0 1 1

You mean they actually played worse than they did in the game where the goalie let in a goal on a shot my sister could have saved?

Team MP W D L GF GA PointsPts
Slovenia 2 1 1 0 3 2 4
USA 2 0 2 0 3 3 2
England 2 0 2 0 1 1 2
Algeria 2 0 1 1 0 1 1

Oh yes, we actually played ok against the USA, if it hadn't been for a silly mistake by the keeper we probably would have won the game.

However, the game last night was abysmal. We have two of the best midfielders in the world in Gerrard and Lampard and they were consistenly failing to complete even simple passes. Rooney was just awful, his first touch was terrible, miscontrolling passes that were pretty much rolled towards him. A complete lack of possession football, no chances created, horrible attitude from the players. Made Algeria look like Spain! Most England fans and neutrals expected a fairly easy 2 or 3 nil win. Algeria are a certified minnow, no disrepect to them but England should have mullered them.

Thankfully, because of results going our way, means that if we beat Slovenia we will qualify. But after last night's performance i have serious doubts that we can defeat a pretty spineless Slovenian team.

At least, it could be worse. I could be French.

Last edited:
Now now... don't get your panties in a bunch just because I know everything I am talking about and I am 100% correct when I say Americans hate soccer except once every 4 years during the World Cup - kinda like the Olympics. Once July 11 has come and gone, soccer will go back to its position where the highest rated soccer game gets about 1/6th as many viewers as the Scripps Spelling Bee.

Hopefully this "great sport" doesn't decide to assign a referee with all the competence of Groucho Marx for USA's next game.

You are wrong on both and you know damn well that you are, all you are doing here is acting like a troll trying to goad the soccer fans into a flame war.

None of your claims have had any statistics, factual evidence, backing by any sources- just rants that were ignorance.
The comedic thing here is your freaking claim about the USA has been shown to be FALSE and you ignored them because you can't refute any of them. In other words, you were just posting to get a reaction from the fans here.

Move on troll.

Last edited:
You are wrong on both and you know damn well that you are, all you are doing here is acting like a troll trying to goad the soccer fans into a flame war.
If that's true, then what does it say about you since you have fallen for it?
None of your claims have had any statistics, factual evidence, backing by any sources- just rants that were ignorance.
Actually, I gave statistics showing the abysmal ratings of the MLS Cup, and I also gave some attendance figures from recent MLS games. Then when I was told that the Champions' League is the premiere soccer league and would have gotten a bigger audience than the MLS Cup, I went out and got the TV ratings for the Champions' League finals.

If you have a better method of determining a sport's popularity in America beyond looking at attendance and TV ratings, feel free to present your data.
The comedic thing here is your freaking claim about the USA has been shown to be FALSE and you ignored them because you can't refute any of them. In other words, you were just posting to get a reaction from the fans here.

Move on troll.
Actually, my claim has been supported by facts and statistics, whereas the delusional fools who claim I am wrong have provided absolutely nothing to support their point.

Then when I was told that the Champions' League is the premiere soccer league and would have gotten a bigger audience than the MLS Cup, I went out and got the TV ratings for the Champions' League finals.

Deespite the name, the Champions League is a group stage followed by a knock out cup competition, much like the World Cup but with more games. It is competed by the top teams in leagues throughout Europe. Just letting you know. Also, soccer teams compete in several concurrent competitions each season, for example all teams in England compete in 3 competitions, The Premier League (38 games, 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, team with the most points wins), and then 2 straight knock out competitions. And the top teams also compete in 1 of 2 European cups.

If that's true, then what does it say about you since you have fallen for it?
Actually, I gave statistics showing the abysmal ratings of the MLS Cup, and I also gave some attendance figures from recent MLS games. Then when I was told that the Champions' League is the premiere soccer league and would have gotten a bigger audience than the MLS Cup, I went out and got the TV ratings for the Champions' League finals.

If you have a better method of determining a sport's popularity in America beyond looking at attendance and TV ratings, feel free to present your data.
Actually, my claim has been supported by facts and statistics, whereas the delusional fools who claim I am wrong have provided absolutely nothing to support their point.

What is more pathetic, you are trying to once again harp on about Americans hating soccer because you hate the sport or that you are using a refuted claim of them being eliminated already as your basis?

You are beyond being a troll, you are on the verge of attention whore.

What is more pathetic, you are trying to once again harp on about Americans hating soccer because you hate the sport or that
Where did I ever say I hated soccer? :confused: I said Americans hate soccer, and I stand by that statement. But I haven't really given any opinion of my own.

BTW, since you are reduced to taking everything I say literally, let me add that when I say "Americans hate soccer" what I really mean is "Americans don't give a damn about soccer." And despite your childish temper tantrum, I have provided plenty of evidence to support my point.
you are using a refuted claim of them being eliminated already as your basis?
Child, you haven't refuted a single thing I have said in this thread except you took a sports euphemism and tried to interpret it as the literal truth because then, and only then, could you find a statement I made that was incorrect.

You are harping on a statement that was never meant to be taken 100% literally - which shows how bankrupt your contentions are. Ignoring the fact that my prediction was made when they were down 2-0, and I gladly admit I was wrong to assume they would lose that game, I am well aware that they would not have been eliminated after Game 2 even if they had indeed lost it.

In essence, it's like someone looking at the Raiders go 0-4 and saying they are "eliminated" and you harp on that person for being wrong because their statement wasn't literally true.
You are beyond being a troll, you are on the verge of attention whore.
And what does it say about you that you fall for it?

Last edited:
Deespite the name, the Champions League is a group stage followed by a knock out cup competition, much like the World Cup but with more games. It is competed by the top teams in leagues throughout Europe. Just letting you know. Also, soccer teams compete in several concurrent competitions each season, for example all teams in England compete in 3 competitions, The Premier League (38 games, 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, team with the most points wins), and then 2 straight knock out competitions. And the top teams also compete in 1 of 2 European cups.
That's all wonderful information. But fact remains that when the Champions League played their championship game, about 1/6th as many Americans watched it as watched the Spelling Bee.

That's all wonderful information. But fact remains that when the Champions League played their championship game, about 1/6th as many Americans watched it as watched the Spelling Bee.

Quick question - which final(s) did you have the info on?

Move on troll.
Thats his raison d'etre .......trolling...anything

Last edited:
Thats his raison d'etre .......trolling.

It's been a slow week in the political forum so he has taken his show on the road...to the chagrin of this forum and the main forum.

It's been a slow week in the political forum so he has taken his show on the road...to the chagrin of this forum and the main forum.
Don't hate the playa, hate the game. Which you're losing quite badly at.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. Which you're losing quite badly at.

You are too funny...if you weren't so pathetically sad I'd pity you.

Run along now, you are leaving your bridge unattended

You are too funny...if you weren't so pathetically sad I'd pity you.

Run along now, you are leaving your bridge unattended
Your juvenile insults and behaving like a 5 year old do nothing to change the fact that I am 100% correct, and have brought the facts and stats to prove it, whilst you continue to wallow in ignorance, denying the obvious.

If you weren't so pathetically sad, I'd pity you.

Your juvenile insults and behaving like a 5 year old do nothing to change the fact that I am 100% correct, and have brought the facts and stats to prove it, whilst you continue to wallow in ignorance, denying the obvious.

If you weren't so pathetically sad, I'd pity you.

Pot calling the kettle black...

How does it feel to be wrong Wolfie? USA won their third game, won their group, and are waiting on who they play in the next round. :rolleyes:

Ghana are a good team, that can be difficult to break down :) Should be a good game on Saturday :)

How does it feel to be wrong Wolfie? USA won their third game, won their group, and are waiting on who they play in the next round. :rolleyes:
So having the last word isn't enough, you have to have the last 2 words? :rolleyes: Let it go already. Except for a 4 week period once every 4 years or so, Americans hate soccer, period.

As for my game prediction, yes I already admitted I was wrong. I highly doubt I ws the only one to have this sentiment during halftime of the 2nd game, but it feels pretty good and I am happy to have been wrong because it is nice to see the U.S. advance. :rocker:

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back