PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

See You In a Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice cherry pick of my post. If you are going to "quote" someone quote the entire posts for now on.

Do you think that as a 40 year Patriots fan who has been through the dark days, that I don't want them to win again? Seriously?

Fans are spoiled when the advocate getting rid of BB, when they make suggestions that the organization is "refusing' to get better. How in the hell can you or others say that they "refused" to get better? They tried but it didn't work so they will keep on trying.
I don't know how anyone who calls themselves a Patriots fan can even think that BB with TFB and RK, does not want put the best team they can out there.

14-2 last year and they lost a playoff game to the Jest and that hurt. But many Patriots fans got over the loss and have move on. Just some to continue to whine, cry, and stomp their feet about it.

I guess I must have struck a nerve with some.

Well here you are going off names and not reality. So what if Brady and Bill are here? They cut Sanders and Merri, they refuse to get a decent sized receiver who can go outside, they refuse to get a pass rusher, or a corner that will cover someone tightly (outside of McCourty who rightfully so was expected to improve).

I am not saying you don't want them to win, just saying that us who don't sit back and say "we have MVPs and COTYs in the past so who cares" are not spoiled because we want to improve and win, not just win but ways we haven't lately, right now we can only win by blowout it seems and never have a complete game.

For the longest time, I thought Andy Johnson was a schtick. My thought was "there's no way this guy can be a real person and have an explanation and excuse to whatever the Patriots did". I figured he was a Patriot PR staff member sent here to explain the teams' moves. Clever, I thought.

But then I realized more and more that he's just your over the top run-of-the-mill homer who thinks his post are more important than your average poster. Like his posts really have more merit than other posters!
laughing_so_hard_hes_crying1.gif

And now he's taking his ball and going home too?

See? This is a great post. I don't agree with all of it, especially the way you seem to put the loss on the offense at the end (I tend to blame both units), but I do agree that this was, by far and away, the defense's best game of the season. Those who are piling on the defense for this bad boy should step back and take a look at what Brady and the offense did yesterday. Then they should take a look at the personnel, what we have, and how we're being stopped. Did the defense fall apart at the end? Sure. They were handed a lead with 80 yards to paydirt to go and the Giants pulled it out. But it isn't as if the offense made it any easier on them...

No the defense deserves a share of the blame pie. I just think people have turned the last two drives into a statement for the entire game. It is either "the offense put the Pats in a position to win the game and the defense just lost it" or "this defense is not good because if the offense scores 20 points the defense should be good enough to stop the opposing offense from getting more". Neither is the case.

The fact of the matter is the defense is just as much or possibly more responsible for the offense to put the Pats ahead and in position to win with a little over a minute and a half to win. The defense overcame all the mistakes the offense and special teams made in the first three quarters to keep it from being a blowout so Brady and Company could come back and take the lead.

Also, if the Patriots offense scored 20 points and the offense and special teams played mistake free football, then I would agree that the defense should have held the Giants to under 20 points. But 10 of the 24 points the Giants scored were off turnovers and one was ten yards away from a TD. That changes the argument.

-Got handed 4 turnovers
-Allowed less than 30 points
-Game was decided on the last play

Nobody with a brain puts this on the defense. They had their issues but this wasn't on them.

in the game of football, all it takes is one good win to turn it around...hopefully that win comes next week against the jets.

sure we have never won on the road against the jets in the rex ryan era....but we also havent been beaten by the bills/steelers in years, havent lost at home since 2006 and havent lost 2 in a row since 2009..

so, its about time another streak is broken this year..(as well as that pesky playoff loss streak)

He can't do it. :rocker:

AndyJohnson
PatsFans.com Supporter
Last Activity: Today 04:33 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread BB believes the press clippings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes