PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

See You In a Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
your time line is a little screwy...last year was the first year of the so-called "rebuild on the fly"'.

Brady was injured in the first game of the 2008 season, which has ZERO to do with "acceptable".

2009 they limped into the playoffs, the Ravens beat them down fair and square and Brady left the frozen tundra of the Razor battered and bruised. That was no "rebuilding", that was attrition taking its toll.

Last season they overachieved for a team with zero pass rush...which led to a major overhaul this season. After 8 games , there is ONE thread that permeates throughtout the entire organization...offense, defense and special teams...critical breakdowns in performance at crucial points in the game. Where the Pats used to OWN those 4 or 5 plays the lead to victory, now they WATCH opponents make them. Start with Brady...today he did ENOUGH to eke out the win but he SHOULD have never allowed the game to be in such a precarious position in the first place. He was erratic.WHY????? That is a question I'd like answered'

Gostkowski missed a FG from inside 30 yards...I do not give a crap who wants to make excuses....THOSE kicks have to be 100% on a team that considers itself a contender. I can see a miss from 45 yards out...but a near extra point??what the hell was HE focused on during that play?

The Pats take a lead and are a minute and a half away from victory...at which point, there is a string of brutal lapses in proper technique leading not to a tying field goal, which is bad enough..but the winning TD...THAT is the mark of a BAD team, especially when they do this on their own field.

There's something out of whack with this team. They SAY they're practicing hard...they say they're focused...they SAY all the right things we've all come to expect...but the performances, for the most part, have been erratic since game one.

Perhaps this team is learning to lose instead of preparing to win.

Last edited:
too many turnovers. that edelman one was a killer.

No you just enjoy the team losing so you can *****. How hard is that for you to understand? I know you lack intellect, but you can get that right?

This team has issues, no one likes it but pretending it doesn't exist and we can go on a roll is silly. The fact that Brady can no longer put together a full game makes it even harder on this mediocre defense.

maybe more. I have absolutely no interest in watching The Entitled join up with the Jet fan **** roaches that will show up and discuss how they feel the Jets will beat us. I will watch the game with confidence that we are the better team. Have a nice week cozying up with the trolls.

what position do you play???:rolleyes:

The problem with some in here is that they don't wish to talk about the bad parts of the team and ignore the facts that this defense blows huge chunks of sh!t almost every week.

See this is what us "homers" can't stand. You act like Manning and the Giants' offense had their way with the Pats' defense all game. That clearly wasn't the case. The Pats defense played some of their best defense of the year for 50-55 minutes of the game. Yes, they fell apart in the end, but you doom and gloomers want to pretend that Eli lit up the Pats' defense all game.

I have no problem with constructive criticism, but just piling on the defense is not constructive. The defense haters don't acknowledge that the Giants' first TD was probably 90% the fault of the Pats' offense because you cannot expect even the best defense to stop the opposing offense to score points when they start the drive ten yards from the end zone. The defense haters don't acknowledge that Brady and offense didn't show up until late in the 3rd quarter and every time the defense made a great stop, the Pats' offense was punting away the ball after 3-5 plays. Defense haters don't want to acknowledge that the special teams were horrid yesterday. Defense haters fail to acknowledge that the Pats were down Spikes, Guyton, and Barrett for either both final drives or at least the last (none are world beaters, but certainly better than Sergio Brown and Tracy White).

I saw a lot of positives by the defense. Most of this game was reminiscent of 2003 where the Pats slugged it out on defense. Yes, the defense ultimate failed on the last two drives, but there was significant progress in this game. There is hope they can pull it together down the stretch when there was little hope last week.

I hated the way the defense fell apart in the end, but if the offense was just average for the first 40 minutes or so, the Pats would have won this game by at least a TD because the defense did everything to put this team in a position to win this game for most of this game and the offense couldn't get going. Yet, everyone wants to spin it as the offense was good enough to put the team in a position to win and the defense blew it. The only reason anyone can even make that spin is because the defense covered the offenses' arses while they failed to score even a field goal until about five minutes left in the 3rd quarter. That is on the offense.

Last edited:
I think people are upset (can't prove it but I used to be a positive guy too) at the fact that this should have happened last year, that was rebuild this was SB or bust.

Gronkowsi battling for league lead in TDs, dominating PITs in their home, then last week nothing. Look at Hernandez in his first game vs Cincy, running wild and gaining big yardage early, now he is nothing special. McCourty battles Troy and Reed for the INT crown and now can't even get in position let alone catch a pass.

The rookies last year played like vets, this year they are playing like rookies, just horrible regression. Add some vets and you figured it would be great, nope Ocho and Ellis are playing like rookies. We are mad because we wasted a rebuilding year just to go even deeper into rebuild mode, it's depressing and I don't blame anyone for saying Bradys three rings are all he will finish with. Personally I am done with being a homer and acting mighty, the team does better when I give up like 08 or have no confidence like 01.

maybe more. I have absolutely no interest in watching The Entitled join up with the Jet fan **** roaches that will show up and discuss how they feel the Jets will beat us. I will watch the game with confidence that we are the better team. Have a nice week cozying up with the trolls.

This was important enough for a thread, for sure. :bricks:

See this is what us "homers" can't stand. You act like Manning and the Giants' offense had their way with the Pats' defense all game. That clearly wasn't the case. The Pats defense played some of their best defense of the year for 50-55 minutes of the game

Thank God two of their best offensive players.

It would have been real ugly if the Giants actually had them.

Brady and his tipped balls are killing us as well.

As ESPN keep pointing out, Brady is 6'4-6'5....his tallest WR is 6' so he has to pass in a downward motion leading to more tips.

What this team needs is less short receivers and more tall ones, having great route runners is fine but how much use are they when they all run the same route when teams clog these routes, where do the team go then? A couple of 6'2+ receivers who can get down the field, or at least drag a couple of defenders down field with them clearing the middle for Welker is what is needed.

Last edited:
Someone build me a ******* time machine!

The defense haters don't acknowledge that the Giants' first TD was probably 90% the fault of the Pats' offense because you cannot expect even the best defense to stop the opposing offense to score points when they start the drive ten yards from the end zone.

This may be so. But shouldn't we expect a little more fight than to just watch the defense play London Bridges and all fall down as the Giants ran right up the middle for a 1-play touchdown after the fumble.

I appreciate your half-filled perspective. But, the glass is more than half empty. When the Giants got the ball back after the last Pats touchdown, I knew this defense was not going to stop them. They probably knew it too which is part of the problem

It's a combination of scheme, talent and execution- all is lacking. Hope I am wrong, but I doubt it's getting better this season.

your time line is a little screwy...last year was the first year of the so-called "rebuild on the fly"'.

Brady was injured in the first game of the 2008 season, which has ZERO to do with "acceptable".

2009 they limped into the playoffs, the Ravens beat them down fair and square and Brady left the frozen tundra of the Razor battered and bruised. That was no "rebuilding", that was attrition taking its toll.

Last season they overachieved for a team with zero pass rush...which led to a major overhaul this season. After 8 games , there is ONE thread that permeates throughtout the entire organization...offense, defense and special teams...critical breakdowns in performance at crucial points in the game. Where the Pats used to OWN those 4 or 5 plays the lead to victory, now they WATCH opponents make them. Start with Brady...today he did ENOUGH to eke out the win but he SHOULD have never allowed the game to be in such a precarious position in the first place. He was erratic.WHY????? That is a question I'd like answered'

Gostkowski missed a FG from inside 30 yards...I do not give a crap who wants to make excuses....THOSE kicks have to be 100% on a team that considers itself a contender. I can see a miss from 45 yards out...but a near extra point??what the hell was HE focused on during that play?

The Pats take a lead and are a minute and a half away from victory...at which point, there is a string of brutal lapses in proper technique leading not to a tying field goal, which is bad enough..but the winning TD...THAT is the mark of a BAD team, especially when they do this on their own field.

There's something out of whack with this team. They SAY they're practicing hard...they say they're focused...they SAY all the right things we've all come to expect...but the performances, for the most part, have been erratic since game one.

Perhaps this team is learning to lose instead of preparing to win.
Is the team tuning Belichick out? I'm not saying they are just trying to come up with some theories as to why the over all play of the team has been poor.

Is there a lack of veteran leadership in the locker room? BB has always had veterans in the locker room to reinforce discipline and how he wants the team to play. Before the team not only ha Brady it had Wille Mac, Teddy B, Faulk, Rodney, etc. now i can only think of Brady and VW who i could see sounding off.

On Bradys erratic play, i think it was a combination of coverage, pass protection (real and perceived) and it seemed many of his passes were high. The Giants were trying to bat his passes down like has been the case in the last few weeks. Was he trying to compensate by throwing the ball a little higher to avoid them being batted down and there by missing? Just a thought.

Last edited:
I am embarrassed by the fan base.

I was going to say that we need your voice out here, but I see you couldn't resist returning. Stick around, especially in a week like this. My own approach is to try to pepper my comments with a little humor to see if it can change the tone a bit.

Thank God two of their best offensive players.

It would have been real ugly if the Giants actually had them.

It was Hakeem Nick and Ahmad Bradshaw, not Calvin Johnson and Darren McFadden. Bradshaw was not a huge since the Giants were most likely going to throw the ball primarily since that is what people do vs. the Pats. Both Cruz and Ballard as big weapons for the Giants and there. Ballard has 7 more TDs than the rest of the receivers combined. Cruz now has more yards, more TDs, and 4 less receptions than Nick.

Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it and it will transport you to 1972. Keep the faith.

These guys have the plans

hot-tub-time-machine23141324214.jpeg

Last edited:
This may be so. But shouldn't we expect a little more fight than to just watch the defense play London Bridges and all fall down as the Giants ran right up the middle for a 1-play touchdown after the fumble.

I appreciate your half-filled perspective. But, the glass is more than half empty. When the Giants got the ball back after the last Pats touchdown, I knew this defense was not going to stop them. They probably knew it too which is part of the problem

It's a combination of scheme, talent and execution- all is lacking. Hope I am wrong, but I doubt it's getting better this season.

You are talking about an one play, TEN YARD TD drive. It isn't like it was an one play 50 yard TD drive. Yes, the defense blew it on the play, but let's not make it sound like it was a total disaster on that drive. Plenty of great defenses have give up TDs on plays that were first and goal on the ten yard line. I still give 90% of the blame on that TD to the Pats' offense.

Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it and it will transport you to 1972. Keep the faith.

I'll still watch every minute of the season and live and die with every play, but my expectations are very tempered now. Last week I said that this feels like a 9-7 team, and I still feel that way now.

None of us have a problem with it. Please just leave already, like you said you would.

I edited your post and delted your speaking for the "Patsfans Message Board", which you don't.

Having said that it's never a good idea to start one of those "I'm leaving" threads unless you want to get a rash of crap.

Now there are always the ususal suspects who come on the board when things are not going well starting their gloom amd doom act and being joined by some of the newbies (Red Sox fans) and the not happy unless unhappy crowd.

I'm critical of the Patriots when it's due and it is due right now. And several of my post over the past 2 weeks have been just that. However the difference between being critical. beating a dead horse, and throwing crap bombs all over is obvious to most of us.

It's the Patriots fault. They have been winning for so long that some of the fans have become the most spoiled of almost any fan base. When things go bad they need to whine,cry, and throw temper tantums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back