PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

See You In a Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best news I've heard all day. :rocker:

You seem to enjoy having something to whine about. The 'harsh reality' is this team has provided much more than an ungrateful fan such as you deserves.
One of the reasons I have no interest in reading the board this week.
We get it, you're a great fan, better than everyone here. If someone doesn't agree with you, you attack their intelligence and question how much of a fan that person is. I don't like some of the stuff that is posted here but I don't get worked up and fly off the handle in every thread. I wouldn't be posting this response if this was a one time thing with you, but it happens on what seems to be a daily basis. Frankly I'm shocked you haven't been told to cool it by a staff member already.

Do us all a favour and live up to what your original post says. Take seven days off.

great contribution to the board. Make you feel good about yourself?

Andy is not to far off the mark with some of his comments about the mood of this board recently. I have been on every gameday board (baring work commitments) in the last 2 years. I haven't been on one this year due to the posters who either enjoy ragging on this team or enjoy telling everybody how "they picked it" and the team isn't going anywhere this year.

I'd rather be a hommer than that type of fan
What he doesnt get is that there are so many posters on this board that are total doooches who feel entitled to winning SBs every year that I am more likelly to never come back than to be interested in what they have to say in the next week.
Its fine to discuss issues the team has, its ridiculous to condemn the franchise and its architects for the crime of being 5-3 and tied for first.

No just go ahead and whine, thats what you do. I'm not going to change it, which is why I am not going to read it. Do you really have a problem with that?

None of us have a problem with it. Please just leave already, like you said you would.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weeks off from this place, especially after bad losses, are definitely a good thing sometimes. No need to make some big production/statement out of it, though. Just do what you gotta do and come back whenever you feel like coming back. Sorry that anyone daring to suggest that the Patriots are fallible is so offensive to you.

Last edited:
You guys obviously just don't know what dedication is.

Spoiled, entitled Jets fans is what you are.

The problem with some in here is that they don't wish to talk about the bad parts of the team and ignore the facts that this defense blows huge chunks of sh!t almost every week.

Some fans just want to hear Rah,Rah and will dissapear into the sunset once the team heads back into the early 1990s era which is inevitable somewhere in the future,this team has not been playoff worthy since the 2007 season despite an inflated regular season record which does not support playoff performance anymore.

You have to be somewhat of a critic and a complimentary person IMO if you are a true fan,not to always solely compliment and not b!tch all the time but certainly not to think the team is always going to be great based on past success.

This years team overall is really not that good,especially on defense,but some simply don't realize it or wish to not think about it.

Its too late to make this team a true Super Bowl contender and wait until 2012 for a better D,but I really don't know if you can teach an old dog new tricks like Belichick who seems set in his ways...so we sit and hope,year after year he makes the defense better and makes changes which are well past due.

We can't live in the 2001-2007 era anymore,Especially while Brady can still star as our QB.

i think we all get a lil to emotional after our team looses a game, andy is one of the better poster on this board maybe we all need to sleep this one off and wake up monday and talk about kicking some green bean A@#

You guys obviously just don't know what dedication is.

Spoiled, entitled Jets fans is what you are.

WHAT? So blind homerism with no critisism makes you a better fan? Please . Sergio Brown did nothing wrong? I love this team no matter what. Yea, no matter what. When they play well or not. The difference between you and a " Fan" is , they are not afraiad to say so! Or in otherwords , be a HOMER. You seriously cant say they **** the bed today. They had the game in the bag. Brown blew it. AND I still love the team. Stop with the "everything is OK, and if you think otherwise your not a fan" ****:confused:

WHAT? So blind homerism with no critisism makes you a better fan? Please . Sergio Brown did nothing wrong? I love this team no matter what. Yea, no matter what. When they play well or not. The difference between you and a " Fan" is , they are not afraiad to say so! Or in otherwords , be a HOMER. You seriously cant say they **** the bed today. They had the game in the bag. Brown blew it. AND I still love the team. Stop with the "everything is OK, and if you think otherwise your not a fan" ****:confused:

I'm pretty sure he was mocking the OP.

i think we all get a lil to emotional after our team looses a game, andy is one of the better poster on this board maybe we all need to sleep this one off and wake up monday and talk about kicking some green bean A@#

Here, Here:eat3:

You have to be somewhat of a critic and a complimentary person IMO if you are a true fan,not to always solely compliment and not b!tch all the time but certainly not to think the team is always going to be great based on past success.

The problem, from the homer standpoint (and I freely admit I am far towards the homer end of the scale), is that there seem to be far too many posters here (especially in the game day threads) who spend far too much (and, in a few cases, seemingly all) of their time lobbing hand grenades and predicting the end of the world.

The problem, from the homer standpoint (and I freely admit I am far towards the homer end of the scale), is that there seem to be far too many posters here (especially in the game day threads) who spend far too much (and, in a few cases, seemingly all) of their time lobbing hand grenades and predicting the end of the world.
I would rather enjoy watching the game than reading the PatsFans message board game day posts. Critiques are only warranted after the conclusion of the football game once emotions have been somewhat exhausted.

andy johnson is a great poster, and i am way more ticked at brady than i am at bb.

What he doesnt get is that there are so many posters on this board that are total doooches who feel entitled to winning SBs every year that I am more likelly to never come back than to be interested in what they have to say in the next week.
Its fine to discuss issues the team has, its ridiculous to condemn the franchise and its architects for the crime of being 5-3 and tied for first.

No playoff wins since the 2007 season, and it's plain as day that the "re-building" excuse we've been hearing for 4+ years can no longer be used (so yeah, you're pretty much screwed and should probably give it a rest for awhile).

At this rate we will turn into new Dallas Cowboys of the NfL if BB doesn't right the ship, which at this point doesn't appear to be happening. The Pats are, at best, just standing in place; at worst, moving in the wrong direction.

With the ownership the Pats have, plus Brady and Belichick, you have to be delusional to think that what has happened in the last four+ years is acceptable for this franchise. In fact, the thing that you probably abhor the most--second-guessing BB--is actually the sanest response right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots