PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

See ya Patsies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Sorry boys...you simply can't win it all every year. There's a reason why no-one's won 3 in a row. But did ya have to lose to the stinkin Donkos of all teams? Ouch.

Unless you have a GREAT offseason, I can't see you guys winning 10 games next year. That's not smack, that's just an observation.

We didn't do so good this year, but we have the talent to do better. There's a difference between underachieving and not having the horses. We have a few holes, but I like the core of this team.

Now look at your team. There's a really good chance you'll lose your defensive coordinator. Rodney Harrison probably won't play again. Corey Dillon looks old and slow, and you have no-one available to replace him. Your defense is getting older and not better. You might lose one of your best receivers (Givens) to FA. Your OL ain't that great. It's just not easy for anyone, even the "mighty" Patriots to overcome those kind of obstacles.

So is your team finished? Not necessarily, but you definitely have holes and you need to fix them if you want to win your division next season. Your division won't be the cakewalk for you guys as it was this year.

Again, this is not smack, just an impartial observation.

Last edited:
Was it worth hanging around here since 2001 to write this thread BS? I hope so for your sake. If the Patriots are in such bad shape as you claim, does this mean you'll go away now? If losing Saturday means you hit the bricks forever, then it was worth it.

Your moronic point (come to think of it, most of your "points" are) that the defense is getting old holds no water; do you call 4 of 11 starters over the age of 30 and none over 35 "old"? Nice point moron, but you cover it well with your hat.

Double G said:
Was it worth hanging around here since 2001 to write this thread BS? I hope so for your sake. If the Patriots are in such bad shape as you claim, does this mean you'll go away now? If losing Saturday means you hit the bricks forever, then it was worth it.

Your moronic point (come to think of it, most of your "points" are) that the defense is getting old holds no water; do you call 4 of 11 starters over the age of 30 and none over 35 "old"? Nice point moron, but you cover it well with your hat.

Ah, my man Double G dropped in to my board for a visit. Welcome back.

I think I bring up some valid points, don't you agree? Do you think losing your D-coordinator for the second time in 2 years is a good thing for the Patriots? Do you think losing the biggest playmaker you have (Harrison) permanently is a good thing? When those 4 that are over 30 are some of the biggest playmakers you have, that is considered "old". Speaking of old, what about the rumors you're bringing back Ty Law. Do you think he'll make your team better? I don't.

I'm not the only one that speculates this loss signalled the end of your dynasty and your championship run.

It's not unfixable, but your team has holes to fill.

And the day it stops being fun to talk to you guys is the day I stop posting.

Boo-yah!

Seymour is a playmaker, Wilfork is a playmaker, Green is a playmaker, Colvin is a playmaker, Samuel is a playmaker, Wilson is a playmaker, all under the age of 30.

The Patriots went into the game with a mission; stop the Donkos running game, which they did. The Donkos pressured Brady a lot in the first half and adjustments were made at the half; the Patriots dominated the Donkos in the second half. The Donkos got 24 points off of turnovers and their touchdown "drives" were 1 yard, 1 yard, 25 yards. And yes, I fully understand turnovers are a part of the game.

That call on Samuel was a horse$hit call; I know it, you know it. How does the back judge 3/4th's of the way across the field make a call like that (and taking that LONG to throw the flag; because those hayseeds were booing, the moron throws a flag?) when the side judge STANDING THERE does not make the call. What happened to the refs getting together to get calls right like they do in baseball? Remember when your boy payfraud slapped the ball out of bronsons hand; it was overruled once the umpires got together. Samuel turned for the ball and was going for the ball, which is not a penalty. IF ANYTHING, it was offensive interference. The hazy line that exists in most penalties is crap, plain and simple.

Brady threw a bad pass for a pic, a sure 3 points to -7 points, then missed a wide open Troy Brown that should have been a TD, then Adam missed a chip shot; 7 points to 0 points.

All of that said, to say the dynasty is over after one playoff loss is wishful thinking on your part and the part of most of the other nitwits out there who are sick of the Patriots. They will reload and be right back at it next year. If you honestly think losing a coordinator one year on the job is a bad thing, you know less about football than I thought. If you think the Patriots will not win the division next year, you REALLY know less about football than I thought. Do you think the Doofins, who barely beat our second and third stringers the last game of the year, will win the division, more power to you, but you don't have a clue.

RS said:
Speaking of old, what about the rumors you're bringing back Ty Law. Do you think he'll make your team better? I don't.

I'm not the only one that speculates this loss signalled the end of your dynasty and your championship run.

yes i think bringing law back would help, hes a good player. and speculating means nothing, people sepeculated the colts would go unbeaten this year. just cuz its a common way of thinking doesnt mean its a smart one.

RS said:
Sorry boys...you simply can't win it all every year. There's a reason why no-one's won 3 in a row. But did ya have to lose to the stinkin Donkos of all teams? Ouch.

Unless you have a GREAT offseason, I can't see you guys winning 10 games next year. That's not smack, that's just an observation.
just a observation but i have never seen anybody so willing to make a complete jack ass out of himself like you do lol lol .only a moron raiders fan [one of the worst teams in football ] would come to the three time in four year superbowl champs message boad and talk **** .i cant see you having sex with anything under 300 pounds lol lol lol. unless al davis drops dead the raiders will never win a championship in your pathetic life time lol .do you still think the pistons are cursed lol lol lol

Double G said:
Seymour is a playmaker, Wilfork is a playmaker, Green is a playmaker, Colvin is a playmaker, Samuel is a playmaker, Wilson is a playmaker, all under the age of 30.

Yeah I suppose you guys plugged some youth into that secondary and I forgot about Wilfork. But your key guys are/were McGinest, Harrison, Bruschi, and Seymour. And Poole. They're not spring chickens. And if you guys get Ty Law back, that's a step up in age too. Pretty funny I'm talking about age considering the reputation my team has.

The Patriots went into the game with a mission; stop the Donkos running game, which they did. The Donkos pressured Brady a lot in the first half and adjustments were made at the half; the Patriots dominated the Donkos in the second half. The Donkos got 24 points off of turnovers and their touchdown "drives" were 1 yard, 1 yard, 25 yards. And yes, I fully understand turnovers are a part of the game.

Basically you guys gave the game to the Donks. That's not much of a consolation prize, but you were the better team.

That call on Samuel was a horse$hit call; I know it, you know it. How does the back judge 3/4th's of the way across the field make a call like that (and taking that LONG to throw the flag; because those hayseeds were booing, the moron throws a flag?) when the side judge STANDING THERE does not make the call. What happened to the refs getting together to get calls right like they do in baseball?

I completely agree that was a BS call. Gotta love home field advantage. Though if the ref call had cost you guys the game I couldn't feel too sympathetic for you guys. (and you know why)

Brady threw a bad pass for a pic, a sure 3 points to -7 points, then missed a wide open Troy Brown that should have been a TD, then Adam missed a chip shot; 7 points to 0 points.

I'm a big fan of Brady (gawd how times have changed - I really thought the guy wasn't all that when he started in the league) but that was not one of his better games.

All of that said, to say the dynasty is over after one playoff loss is wishful thinking on your part and the part of most of the other nitwits out there who are sick of the Patriots.

Wishful thinking? Yeah I suppose, but that's nothing against NE, that's just "you guys had your day - let someone else win". The feeling would be the same if any other team (except mine) was the dynasty of the day.

If you honestly think losing a coordinator one year on the job is a bad thing, you know less about football than I thought.

So you think it's a good thing? I don't see it. You need to hire a new defensive coordinator who can learn your players tendencies, learn your system and learn the schemes all over again. If it was a good thing to change coordinators every year then every team would do it. Your defense getting worse this year was primarily because of injuries, but I think Crennel's absence didn't help either. Crennel knew you guys and knew how to scheme to fit your strengths.

If you think the Patriots will not win the division next year, you REALLY know less about football than I thought. Do you think the Doofins, who barely beat our second and third stringers the last game of the year, will win the division, more power to you, but you don't have a clue.

I didn't say you were not going to win the division, just that it won't be the cakewalk you guys had this year. Miami will be better next year and yes they are a threat to you guys. The Jesters might be better. The Bills - well maybe not. My point was you guys have obstacles to face and holes to fill, and if they're not filled, it's gonna be a rough season next year.

PS - If I was May-Rod I would have tried to knock the baseball out of Brandon's glove too. That was a heads up play trying to make something happen, too bad it didn't work. Kudos to May-Rod for trying. Now if only he could get a clutch postseason hit once in a while....

RS,
I do agree with you that our linebackers are getting older, so that area needs to be addressed, no doubt about it. Bringing Ty Law back is a bad idea and I hope it does not happen. As you said, they need to get younger, not older in the secondary.

As far as the BS call that basically was a 10 point swing, they still had time to ovecome that and they came out firing in the second half. They drove up and down the field, but could not get into the end zone. 420 yards of total offense and one touchdown just isn't good enough. Five turnovers was brutal.

We'll see what happens next year. Bottom line is you get only so many chances at the brass ring, and had they won Saturday, only the Stoolers at home stood in their way of yet another Super Bowl trip. To get back to that point will be a tough road next year...............

patriotscried said:
.do still think the pistons are cursed lol lol please tell me i'm not the only stupid person on this board lol lol

32-5, biatch. So much for your genius "curse of Larry Brown" prediction. LMFAO!!! What a maroon. So what's the Celtics record this year? I usually don't look that far down the standings so I wouldn't know offhand.

Larry Brown's proven he's just a "system coach". He's only a good coach in the Pistons system. Now that the Pistons got rid of him, they're on their way to one of the best seasons in NBA history. DEEEEEEEETROIT BAAASKETBAAAAALLLLLL!!

patriotspride said:
just a observation but i have never seen anybody so willing to make a complete jack ass out of himself like you do lol lol .only a moron raiders fan [one of the worst teams in football ] would come to the three time in four year superbowl champs message boad and talk **** .i cant see you having sex with anything under 300 pounds lol lol lol. unless al davis drops dead the raiders will never win a championship in your pathetic life time lol .do you still think the pistons are cursed lol lol lol
:rocker: :rocker: rs thinks the pistons are cursed lol lol lol but his mama sure is lol lol

I for one think that the Pat's will still have a strong team next season, if you look at the injuries that they had happen, combined with the loss of DC and OC. They are still going to contend next year, no matter how much i dislike the Pat's, being a Jet's fan, you have to respect what they have done over the past couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes