Welcome to PatsFans.com

See Newt, Rick: This is how you kill a Romney attack ad:

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Titus Pullo, May 5, 2012.

1. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

you don't flop around meekly and hope it goes away, ... you utterly destroy it at it's core... you know, with facts ... and a clear, confident posture of defiance.

This Is How You Kill An Attack Ad

"A campaign ad supported with actual facts that talks to Americans like they're adults? What universe is this from?"

Politifact.com

May 3, 2012
    Americans for Prosperity: Says the stimulus bill sent tax credits overseas, such as "tens of millions of dollars to build traffic lights in China." — Mostly False
    May 3, 2012
    Americans for Prosperity: Says the stimulus bill sent tax credits overseas, such as "half a billion to an electric car company that created hundreds of jobs in Finland." — False
    May 2, 2012
    Americans for Prosperity: Says the stimulus bill sent tax credits overseas, such as "$1.2 billion to a solar company that's building a plant in Mexico." — Pants on Fire!

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +423 / 12 / -26

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

That ad looks and sounds great, its a crying shame that it just doesn't work.

4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 7 / -7

I don't think I remember seeing this being done.

There's no music. There are simple graphics mainly composed of locator maps. There's a campaign worker with the logo everywhere, instead of the usual "I'm a straight-talking actor from central casting."

I'm kind of wondering whether this is a turn of sorts, or whether it's sort of an inside-the-base ad meant to be spread through the base.

:confused:

Probably pretty soon it'll all be big-dollar production values, & this is meant to be the "viral" part of the campaign.

Still a really interesting concept - go pre-glitz in your production, and call it the "truth squad" or whatever it's called.

Always fun to watch.