Welcome to PatsFans.com

Secure Borders

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, May 15, 2006.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

"...First, the United States must secure its borders. This is a basic responsibility of a sovereign nation. It is also an urgent requirement of our national security. Our objective is straightforward: The border should be open to trade and lawful immigration -- and shut to illegal immigrants, as well as criminals, drug dealers, and terrorists..."

When was this statement made?:
    1. September 12, 2001
    2. September 13, 2001
    3. September 14, 2006
    or
    4. May 15, 2006

If the math is correct, the idiot traitor has been derelict in his duty for 4 years, 8 months. I don't need anything more, although there's plenty more to go on, to have this POS brought up on treason and sent to prison. I might even vote for a democrat (just this once) to see this happen.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

While I don't disagree about Bush, he most certainly isn't the only President you can say this about. Were the borders secure 1/01 when he was inaugurated ?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2005
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The world has changed significantly since 1/01, and unfortunately our legislative and executive branch of gov't do little except try to get photo ops and sound bites about what they want to do, but in reality do little... what all these folks needs is a serious infusion of new and fresh ideas that are not generated from left wing and right wing think tanks.. not sure what the answer is to all of this is, but pandering during the election and pandering as an elected official is not the right way to go...
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Other minority's should be concerned, there is a new and growing fast minority on the block, the "goodies" will have to be shared.

Bush should have put troops on the border the day he became President, Bush is a Politically Correct Democrat Do-Gooder when it comes to Criminal Illegal Aliens, that is why you hear very few complaints from the democrats on Bush's "Border Bullsh!t"
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I don't give a rats a ss about 1/01. That a weak-a ss response.
    ANYONE who was president should have secured both borders and all ports the week after WTC attacks. NO excuse. Our president could have easily done it without ANY resistance right then. Unfortunately, at that point in time, the president happenned to be a retarded traitor.
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I agree but they should have before too. Or was the first WTC attack not clear enough evidence that something was going to happen eventually ?
  7. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

How dare you bring that up? For christ sakes we convicted the blind guy!
    Last edited: May 16, 2006
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

It was the "Blind Guy" that said, "We will be back to finish the job" what did Clinton do, Clinton went down to Martha's Vineyard and shacked up with Carly Simon.
    The Blind guy said that in 1993, the Clinton Doe Doe's had five years to look into it, they didn't do sh!t, Clinton's next move came later "Monica".

Bush had 8 months to prevent 9/11 Clinton had 8 Years, the "Blind Guy" told Clinton it was coming, Clinton went into the Oval Office and Masturbated while he was having phone sex, then they came, the Blind Guy was right, 3000 dead, in two hours, the World Trade Center lay in a pile of smoking rubble. Is it any wonder the smelly Muslims were dancing in the streets all over the world, they made a Fool out of America and CLINTON.
  9. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Did clinton really tag carly simon?
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Clinton did a good job during his term. Bush has done a poor job, so far. Under Clinton, immigration was not the issue it is today. Why? I don't know. Perhaps it has to do with the changing economic conditions or perhaps the anti-immigration seeds were planted during the Clinton era, but did not really take root until Bush. It's also possible that neither Clinton nor the Republicans had interest in pursuing the issue because both were trying to win over Latinos.

At any rate, in the last few years, the immigration issue has become a big deal, and Bush has handled it poorly. No president can solve every issue. But, the problem with Bush is he hasn't solved a darned thing. Our deficit is a disaster; terrorists are killing Americans every day; the Iraq war is costing billions and creating enemies everywhere; the immigration problem has mushroomed out of control; inflation is creeping up; Social Security is still a looming problem; poverty is on the increase; even the stock market is getting shakey, as evidenced by the fact that the price of gold is at record levels.

His failure with immigration is just another manifestation of his incompetence. He's so incompetent that even many conservative and members of the religious right are turning against him. He doesn't have the intellect, the political capital, or the creativity to solve the immigration problem. He's a man without ideas. He's an average line worker in a leader's job.
  11. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I won't go into debating every perception in your post but if that is all true, then what does it say about your party? One man without ideas vs an entire party without ideas. The last part of your statement sums up the Dems!
  12. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It' a start........ Now that he acknowleges the problem and vows to slow the invasion, I applaud.... Im still worried that the administration will begin a smoking gun charade, and take steps to build a wall on the canadian border as a preemptive measure.
  13. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

That was funny!:D
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

“By the way, Mexico, where's your shame? Does it not bother you that so damn many of your citizens want out?â€

What a crap-hole country Mexico must be, millions have Fled.
  15. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What exactly are the national guard doing on the border.. I am under the impression they're fixing fences and setting up electronic surveilence... Anyone know their actuall detail???
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

They're WAITING.
  17. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Why would that be released to the public? More importantly why does the public need to know?
  18. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

With the quest worker program, it's bound to keep the illegals coming... What I heard is the N.G. will not participate in actual enforcement of the border, just maintnance and installing electronics.....
  19. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What the hell do you need an official release for? Some reporter - or anyone willing to go out there - can just see what they're doing with their own eyes. It's open desert out there.
    Last edited: May 18, 2006
  20. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Just because they can see what they are doing, doesn't mean they understand it. And what makes you think they won't use some sort of fence or tarp to cover up the installation of certain features?