PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Secret Weapon: QB Sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontSeven

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I think we should run Brady wide on third and six for a game-deciding play. That will fool them.

If he made it, that dissenting MVP voter might admire Brady enough to rescind his Favre vote.

If he didn't make it Bill would look stupid, and then be more lovable in the eyes of his haters. Nothing is more lovable to the rest of the world than a stupid coach.

I really think a QB sweep is a win-win for the franchise.

Your reasoning is flawed. I think a reverse sweep to the QB would be a much better decision.

You laugh, but that is the reason behind such great plays as the ol' third-and 20+ yard draw plays.

"They'll never expect the xyz play," says the coach.

Yeah, well, of course the reason they won't expect you to run it is that it is a stupid call without a snowball's chance in hell of making the required yardage.

But yeah, you fooled 'em right up to the point they stuffed you. Way to go, coach. How's that hot seat feeling now?

Tomlin's not the Patriots coach, we won't see stupid plays like we saw him call.

But yeah, you fooled 'em right up to the point they stuffed you. Way to go, coach. How's that hot seat feeling now?

What do you mean hotseat? We got outplayed! Did you see those 3 INTs?!?! You can't coach that kind of suckitude any more than you can coach speed.

What do you mean hotseat? We got outplayed! Did you see those 3 INTs?!?! You can't coach that kind of suckitude any more than you can coach speed.

And despite all that all you need is a 7 yard pass and you win the game. So waht do you do with 3rd and 6 against a team that can't cover Hines Ward, can't cover Heath Miller, a hasn't gotten close to the red hot QB all half? Why of course your coaches dial up the old Randall Cunningham Tecmo Bowl QB sweep - a play that has never worked anywhere else but on Nintendo.

It was a horrible play call and despite the poor first 3 quarters the Steelers still probably win the game with a good play call there.

the old Randall Cunningham Tecmo Bowl QB sweep - a play that has never worked anywhere else but on Nintendo.

But did it work? I think Nintendo knew something that Belichick doesn't know.

If you want him to look like Favre just have him gun it down the field for 4 INT's. He can then get 1 TD and jump around like a child and the world can worship.

A better play would be the one we ran a few years ago, don't recall against who: Brady pitched to Faulk, who faked a run to the right then spun and threw a pass to Tom running down the far sideline. Gained about 20 yards.

If you want him to look like Favre just have him gun it down the field for 4 INT's. He can then get 1 TD and jump around like a child and the world can worship.

I mean... interceptions are a great "statistic" and all, but isn't having fun what really matters?

A better play would be the one we ran a few years ago, don't recall against who: Brady pitched to Faulk, who faked a run to the right then spun and threw a pass to Tom running down the far sideline. Gained about 20 yards.

That was against Miami, I believe.

That was against Miami, I believe.
Yup. I don't know if it was ran more than once, but the one time I recall seeing it, it was called back due to an illegal shift. Faulk was in motion while Brady was pumping his leg and didn't reset before the snap.

I was thinking about the exact same thing; instead this time, we should get moss to throw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes