PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Secret Weapon for at least one Playoff Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumbrunner

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Who is the one offensive weapon that has been underutilized this year?

Donte Stallworth....

Do you think that the Pats wil have some a specially designed gameplan for the inevitable situation where Moss is double teamed all game and Welker is held at every turn?

I think we'll see Troy Brown used as a secret weapon.

It's been awhile since I've seen a reverse...

I think about the only thing that would qualify is Chad Jackson, but after being inactive the last two weeks, I doubt we'll see him suiting up. Ditto Brown.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Ben Watson be the focal point of the offense for a game. Of course, first he needs to catch the ball and not go down on first contact.

I think we'll see Troy Brown used as a secret weapon.

Barring injuries, I'd be surprised if Troy Brown plays at all in the postseason.

I've had the exact same thought in the back of my mind for the last few weeks. I can't explain exactly how or why, but I have a feeling that Stallworth will come up big in the playoffs.

Obviously, they'll have some new wrinkles in the offense, and Donte' "the forgotten man" Stallworth would make a perfect unexpected/secret weapon, especially with his YAC skills...

Donte Stallworth....

Obviously, they'll have some new wrinkles in the offense, and Donte' "the forgotten man" Stallworth would make a perfect unexpected/secret weapon, especially with his YAC skills...

Stallworth is the Jan Brady of the receiving corps - the middle one, always overlooked because Randy is Marcia and Wes is Cindy.

Donte Stallworth....

Do you think that the Pats wil have some a specially designed gameplan for the inevitable situation where Moss is double teamed all game and Welker is held at every turn?

Oh yeah. And don't forget Mr. Gaffney.

Did anyone see the play where the safety and other DB just bolted away from Watson towards Moss leaving him totally open!:eek:

The power of Moss!

Big Ben still managed to stumble out of bounds with no one within 20 yards, instead of running towards the goal line.

Come playoffs, you either play or die, you plant that bad ankle and make a run. Hopefully 2 weeks rest will help.

Patriots don't need secret weapons....they have the finest arsenal in the league. Let's just hope some od those weapons don't misfire.

Errors and penalties will be our secret weapons....we won't commit any. That's a disciplined team. I have faith in this crew.

I got your secret weapon right here...strapped inside my right pant leg

The surprise will be whomever has the specific skillset to exploit a given part of the field, or a given defender. At some point that could be Stallworth or Gaffney. I'd love to be smart enough to know how they plan it, but it usually blows my mind when they isolate a receiver like Gaffney and keep going to him until the other guy shuts him down. They know who to utilize in given situations, and that is pretty cool stuff to know about.

I don't. I just don't think that they will spring any surprise just for the sake of it. There are surprises coming, I'm sure, but they should have a specific purpose.

Certain surprises only get rolled out when things are going badly too.

IMO, the key to getting that 4th receiver back on the field is getting Kyle Brady healthy and back in pass protection. Without him, it will probably be the AFCCG before we see much of Donte or Jab.

I've had the exact same thought in the back of my mind for the last few weeks. I can't explain exactly how or why, but I have a feeling that Stallworth will come up big in the playoffs.

I have thought this all year, Stallworth must be open. Moss gets doubles teamed every play, Welker draws a safety, Stallworth must be open.

As someone mentioned his overall numbers are what you would expect.

Donte' Stallworth 46 catches 697 yards 15.2 YPC , only 3 TDs but still the offense did ok...

Ps. the secret weapon is #12, he is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing