PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Secret weapon, Faulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two potential weak spots;
David Diehl, LT, Pro Football Focus: he’s been personally responsible for 47 sacks, hits or pressures on Manning in nine weeks.

Chase Blackburn, MLB, unsigned and unwanted at midseason tracking the Patriots’ tight ends. Also has calf injury, missed thursday practice.

This is obviously a longshot, unexpected addition, y'all act like I'm guaranteeing it, it's just Super week fun.

Who else? Ocho? Ellis? Brace?

It's not like guys haven't come put of nowhere to make key plays in Super Bowls. J.R. Redmond would be a classic example. 3 reception in "the drive", little else ever.

You guys have no imagination.

IMO Faulk just has nothing left...at all. Nout sure he'll even be active. Someone with speed has the potential to be a secret weapon since the track will be pretty fast and indoors. I'm hoping for 85 but that's just a personal thing.

Underwood? Ridley?

Faulk's done. I hate to say it, I was always one of his biggest supporters and stuck up for him during his fumbilitis era...but he's done.

Would love to see him snag another ring though! He';s been good in a leadership capacity by all accounts.

I agree with ya there. Faulk has been great for the Pats, but I think he's done. Have him teach the RBs.

My instinct tells me Aaron Hernandez will be in the running for Super Bowl MVP.

"Direct snap to Faulk"….has there been a more clutch play to be used successfully so many times in Patriots' History?

I can't remember if they ran that play at all this season (with Faulk or Woodhead).

I can't remember if they ran that play at all this season (with Faulk or Woodhead).

I believe they ran it with Woodhead for 2 pts in the last regular season game vs Buffalo.

Last edited:
Let's be honest here. Faulk is old, slow, and from from an impact player at this stage. He is on active roster for three reasons 1) out of respect to him; 2) his leadership; and 3) as a reliable fall back on punt returns/special teams. He is by no means a secret weapon and a mediocre linebacker can cover him in space.

Didn't look old and slow against the Steelers when he was in there. Not what he used to be, but definitely not a waste of space. I trust Faulk still, but the fact is this offense is built off 2 WRs and 2 TEs and the RB is either going to run it or block. He ain't catching passes, which is Faulk's forte. And if you want someone to run it, you're not going to pick Faulk over BJGE or Ridley or Woodhead.

Personally, I loved when the first play against the Broncos was a dump off to BJGE for 9 yards.

How are you going to defend that when you're worried about Gronk, Hernandez, Welker and Branch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back