PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Secondary just took shape...Not a good shape though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Secondary just took shape.. Not a good shape though

Disaster:mad:. No silver lining in this; I don't care how you slice it. Let's just pray and hope for the best... though never believed in praying but there is a first for everything.

If I remember correctly, we had 2 rookies in 2004 that played well that year...

the next few days should be interesting as far as sifting through the DB cuts league wide...I'd expect at least one vet signing...

With all the injuries now I'll be happy if the young guys get a lot of playing time and can really improve and reach their potential. I'll accept a rebuilding year if we can get the youth ready to be stars in 2011+

All i have to say is thank god BB, he nailed the draft.

Well, I predicted McCourty was going to be our starting CB. This wasn't exactly what I had in mind! :bricks:

With all the injuries now I'll be happy if the young guys get a lot of playing time and can really improve and reach their potential. I'll accept a rebuilding year if we can get the youth ready to be stars in 2011+

You are talking about rebuilding? Rebuilding?

Are you out of your effing mind? Rebuilding. You want to discuss Rebuilding in August. In August?

I would like to point out that so far in the 2010 NFL season the three time champion New England Patriots are at this point UNDEFEATED! That's right you heard me they are U-N-D-E-F-E-A-T-E-D!

I will not, nor should any fan, even begin to ponder rebuilding unless the team is mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. Yet you bring up rebuilding before the preseason ends.

I fully plan to watch the New England Patriots prevail in Dallas this February.

Rebuilding. You make me sick.

Last edited:

Preach it.

Let's call up Deltha O'Neal and Shawn Springs!

This.

I see Shawn Springs getting a call. He was only let go to give the younger guys a chance to get reps in the preseason. They have done that. Now with Bodden out he can at least come and and be the nickel DB.

Last edited:

Well, I predicted McCourty was going to be our starting CB. This wasn't exactly what I had in mind! :bricks:

Wait..... So this is your fault?

Misc-Burn_him.jpg

The 1981 SF secondary...

Ronnie Lott...rookie
Carleton Williamson...rookie
Eric Wright...rookie
Dwight Hicks...third season

The 49ers went 13-3 and won the Superbowl

The Pats 2010 secondary is slightly more experienced.

Joe Montana's third season...as opposed to Tom Brady.

Relax and enjoy the season as it unfolds...NOTHING is written in stone yet.

You are talking about rebuilding? Rebuilding?

Are you out of your effing mind? Rebuilding. You want to discuss Rebuilding in August. In August?

I would like to point out that so far in the 2010 NFL season the three time champion New England Patriots are at this point UNDEFEATED! That's right you heard me they are U-N-D-E-F-E-A-T-E-D!

I will not, nor should any fan, even begin to ponder rebuilding unless the team is mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. Yet you bring up rebuilding before the preseason ends.

I fully plan to watch the New England Patriots prevail in Dallas this February.

Rebuilding. You make me sick.

Dude, layoff the cool-aid! I'm not saying that I'm giving up on the season, not at all. I'm just lowering my expectations. I do think this team still has the potential to be great, I'm just trying to be more realistic. They might go through a lot of growing pains and I'm fine with that so long as they learn something.

The 1981 SF secondary...

Ronnie Lott...rookie
Eric Wright...rookie

It would be much more sweet to win without the veterans. It would give this team the confidence boost we haven't see in years. I'm still going to cringe each time the other team throws the ball until I see what these youngins can do

Well this stinks. Based on what I have seen so far, I would rather see Wheatly as the nickel than Whilite. We need to survive the early part of the season as the young uns get experience. They could be formidable come playoff time.

If Bodden is missing the season better the rotator cuff than a knee.

The 1981 SF secondary...

Ronnie Lott...rookie
Eric Wright...rookie

True and a good point. That team also had Fred Dean coming after the QB. If we had someone like that, I'd feel a lot better about having a young secondary.

This.

I see Shawn Springs getting a call. He was only let go to give the younger guys a chance to get reps in the preseason. They have done that. Now with Bodden out he can at least come and and be the nickel DB.
You're being sarcastic, right?

This is really really depressing. What the F it seems we can't catcha freakin break with injuries.

The CB depth minus Bodden may still be better than what we had in '04.

But we are going to need the front 7 to step up in a big way, that was going to be the key anyways regardless of having Bodden or not

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I think this team should go out and sign a veteran corner after cutdowns. My reasoning is that we are young at S with Meriweather and Chung and young at CB with Butler and McCourty. I don't think we can find a guy who could displace either of our starters, but I think we would benefit from a veteran who has been around the block. It would be beneficial to have at least one of top 4 corners be a guy who can offer technique help in practice and a veteran voice in the film room.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I think this team should go out and sign a veteran corner after cutdowns. My reasoning is that we are young at S with Meriweather and Chung and young at CB with Butler and McCourty. I don't think we can find a guy who could displace either of our starters, but I think we would benefit from a veteran who has been around the block. It would be beneficial to have at least one of top 4 corners be a guy who can offer technique help in practice and a veteran voice in the film room.

agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back