PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Secondary just took shape...Not a good shape though

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Leigh Bodden and Brett Lockett were placed on the IR and Terence Johnson was released.

Bodden is a huge hit since he was pencilled in at the RCB position. This will force Butler into play and either Wilhite or Wheatley to the slot.

Lockett going down is a hit to special teams and, imho, guarantees Aiken a spot.

Re: Secondary just took shape.. Not a good shape though

So help me out. This means Pats have:

Butler - Starter
McCourty - Starter
Wilhite - Nickel
Wheatley - Dime
Arrington -Backup/ST

You can swap Wilhite/Wheatley based on personal preference or whatever way the injury wind is blowing, but that's pretty much the CB depth chart, correct?

they also have Willingham, though I see him going to the PS

Ouch, the Bodden loss really hurts. Wheatly or Wilhite at nickel sure doesn't sound as nice as Butler or McCourty.

Hope they all can stay healthy, maybe the injury bug is behind the team now?

there is currently a league-wide easter egg hunt going on for revis. first team to find him can claim him...

or BB can just give ty law a call. he could trade his walker for pads.

We're still a long way from the Earthwind Moreland days....Thank God we picked McCourty in R1.

Bodden stings...very much. I was really looking forward to having him, Butler and McCourty as the top 3. Wilhite for whatever reason usually seems to be in position but the ball finds away to just miss his fingertips. Haven't checked to see what corners are out there. But I hope he finds a vet that can come in and help out.

On the bright side we do have some flexibility with our safeties, that should lessen the impact a bit.

So how does this effect McCourty's special teams involvement?

Bodden stings...very much. I was really looking forward to having him, Butler and McCourty as the top 3. Wilhite for whatever reason usually seems to be in position but the ball finds away to just miss his fingertips. Haven't checked to see what corners are out there. But I hope he finds a vet that can come in and help out.

On the bright side we do have some flexibility with our safeties, that should lessen the impact a bit.

I agree that since our safeties is one of the stronger positions on the defensive side of the ball this will help lessen the impact, but it still will be an issue. This means that everyone in the secondary will see more playing time. McGowan and Sanders will probably be playing more than they would have played if Bodden was out there and obviously the same with Wheatley and Wilhite. I dont know if BB will sign a CB that is cut, kind of late in the game and you arent really going to get much from that

I think Tate has earned his spot on kick return and Edelman on punt return. If McCourty was going to be on any of these I dont think the Bodden injury will change BBs plans, he feels that special teams are just as important and offense and defense

I think it will limit it severally. I think that Brandon Tate will be the primary kick returner and that Price will get a lot of reps as the Punt Returner and Gunner.

I did not see this coming at all. Holy crap! I feel numb. So let me get this straight. Our 2nd best DL man is out for the year (Ty Warren). Our best OL man will probably be out most of the year (Mankins), and his replacement ditto (Kaczur). Our best CB is now out for the year? WTF!!!!!

We're still a long way from the Earthwind Moreland days....Thank God we picked McCourty in R1.

exactly what i was thinking

what's troy brown up to these days?
:bricks:

Let's call up Deltha O'Neal and Shawn Springs!

Rookies get their baptism of fire and get lots of experience this year. Good for the long term but how that shakes out this year is ???....

Brady and the O is gonna have to put up a ton of points to win game...thank God that's entirely possible.....

I see them winning and losing alot of high scoring games.

Not so far if McCourty or Butler go down with an injury at some point this season. It's certain someone else will get hurt, the only question is the severity and who that player will be. The NFL is a very rough place to work.

What the hell even happened to Bodden? And when? So frustrating.

Bodden knew this was coming. He had posted some "ominous" things on twitter but couldn't elaborate. It sucks but we'll get to see the young'ns out there running around.

Where are all of the people who chastised the McCourty pick now?

What the hell even happened to Bodden? And when? So frustrating.

According to SMY, Bodden has a torn rotator cuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots