PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Second-day binkies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C/G Tim Barnes - Missouri

5-tech Brandon Bair - Oregon (he'll need a year or so on the P-squad to grow into his body)

RB Vai Taua - Nevada

G/C John Moffitt - Wisconsin

WR Jeff Maehl - Oregon (but he's basically the same type as Edelman/Welker/Branch; we may not have room)

DL or Elephant Karl Klug -Iowa (I'm not sure where he fits, but he's the kinda guy you just find a place for e.g. Klecko or Wright)

CB Demarcus Van Dyke - Miami

S Joe Lefeged - Rutgers

S Jay Valai - Wisconsin

OLB Brooks Reed - Arizona

RB Bilal Powell - Louisville

RB Delone Carter - Syracuse

OT Gabe Carimi - Wisconsin (I hope he makes it to #33)

T/G Danny Watkins - Baylor (if he makes it to our 2b the party's at my house <j/k>)

C/G Rodney Hudson - Florida St.

Last edited:
The Pats have 4 second-day picks. A lot of the experts think they'll wind up, at least temporarily, with at least 5, after trading down from #28. #33 may be traded down as well.

So who do you like?

Watkins is an obvious one, if Banks is wrong about how high he goes.
Ingram is obvious if he falls far enough.

Who else?

I see a little BB intrigue if he keeps them all. He always has a head scratcher than you say .....ok,... I see it.

If he doesn't pull the trigger on Watkins at #28, than him at #33.
If not and Ingram is still on board, Saban gives BB the skinny on Ingram at #33.

Here is your curve ball. At #60, Jonathan Baldwin WR . Faster than you think at 4.4, 6'5" and 225lbs and a hands catcher. Your down the field threat. With crap for QBs, his career YPC was 18.3 and those aren't check down plays. Diva? Maybe. No worse than a Marvin Austin, or Nick Fairley.

At #74 I throw another curve, Ras I Dowling as a Safety. He has the size , speed, tackling ability and speed over any Safety we have now. He can play a little slot CB as well.

if we do not get a Reed or even if we do, at#92 Dontay Moch OLB. They did stand him up upon occasion. Better than I thought at coverage for sure looking at his tape. They would not be Drafting him for that. He is 6'2" and 248lbs. He had a timed speed once of 4.2 in the 40. He was 4.4 at the combine. TBC is 6' 2" and 250lbs. Harrison is 6' 242lbs, Matthews is 6' 3" and 255. Cameron Wake is 6'3" and 250.
I have heard we should try to pry Dumervil from the Broncos. He is 5'11" and 242.

Beside being the same size as TBC, he is bigger than Fletcher who I thing will be decent, and five pounds lighter than Ninkovitch but the same height.

Moch is 2lbs heavier than Miller but and inch shorter. Moch has a 42" vertical which is NBA ability to sky.

He and Reed would be like Mathis and Freeney we could hope.

Third day if you have interest.

John Moffitt G/C. A size upgrade over Koppen. Tough guy. Blue collar.

Greg Romeus OLB/DE, our first 2012 Draft pick. Probably red shirts in 2011.

Shiloh Keo, SS, 24 reps, Fastest 3 cone of any top ten Safety. Returns kicks. Loves ST work.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye