PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SEC championship - Georgia vs. Alabama

Hopefully teams have learnt their lessons on Alabama RBs regarding Lacey for 2013 and Yeldon for 2015; don't be fooled, they are JAGs! :D

Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson, FAIL

A lot of people here had issues with Ingram. Richardson, on the other hand, has been hurt and is on a Godawful team, so I think it's way to early to be calling him out as a JAG.

Horrible tackling by georgia.

In the beginning this game was like two heavyweight fighters feeling each other out in the early rounds of a championship bout...Now it's like two heavyweight fighters trading knock-out upper cuts.

Wow, and I thought the Jets run defense sucked...

Georgia D on their feet.

Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson, FAIL

From what I have seen Ingram hasn't looked great, but Richardson has made some fantastic plays on an awful team!

This Dawgs D has been frustrating to watch this game. Great one moment, horrible the next. Hopefully they can hang on. Go Dawgs!

bama may run away with this now

Big play by Tavarres King.

wow....great game so far....could be a title game right here

Georgia answers back.Very exciting game!

A lot of people here had issues with Ingram. Richardson, on the other hand, has been hurt and is on a Godawful team, so I think it's way to early to be calling him out as a JAG.

Here's my problem with Richardson. I never saw the wow factor in him to justify being the 3rd overall pick. I thought he could be a good powerback, maybe a ceiling as Marshawn Lynch. Is that worth the 3rd overall pick though, especially when the true stud was drafted late 1st, Doug Martin, and the "good powerback" was drafted in the 6th round, Alfred Morris.

wow.

some game.

plenty of time to go.

Alabama defense taking a page out of the UGA playbook.

These announcers look like they pulling for Bama.:p

Here's my problem with Richardson. I never saw the wow factor in him to justify being the 3rd overall pick. I thought he could be a good powerback, maybe a ceiling as Marshawn Lynch. Is that worth the 3rd overall pick though, especially when the true stud was drafted late 1st, Doug Martin, and the "good powerback" was drafted in the 6th round, Alfred Morris.

I can understand why you saw Richardson as a bit overrated for sure, and I'd also put him in the same class as those kinds of bruising backs that are bound to get you 125 yds a game no matter what. The Marshawn Lynch comparison is a good one, at least in a general sense of thinking.

I also agree with Deus though that we can't take too much from this first year due to some of the circumstances involved. I actually have seen Richardson do a little better than I expected so far, and he has the potential to be a pretty reliable running back in the next few yrs. While they may have wasted the 3rd pick on him, it may end up working out in the long run.

I actually see some potential for the future for the whole team, although they certainly need depth and some experience. Another couple of solid players and they could take a leap like we saw with Cincinnati recently.

These announcers...

Alabama blatantly holds on every other play and they scream about how amazing the RBs are. Georgia scores a touchdown and they complain about uncalled holding.

Georgia's run defense is a joke.Bring ur linebackers up.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back