PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sebastian Vollmer's Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustaphaM0nd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
is Sea Bass the left tackle of the future, or the right tackle of the future?

This would impact which offensive linemen we draft. A LT prospect is usually a 1st rounder, whereas a solid RT can be had a little later.

The sweet thing about this is it doesn't matter. Whether Maneri develops, or Dante brings back and/or in a castaway to develop on the PSquad, or they draft a contender(s), Vollmer is a bookend who works on either end of the shelf.

is Sea Bass the left tackle of the future, or the right tackle of the future?

This would impact which offensive linemen we draft. A LT prospect is usually a 1st rounder, whereas a solid RT can be had a little later.

I see Vollmer as a future LT. Nate Solder of Colorado is probably the best OT in the country eligible for the next draft. Maybe Carmini of Wisconsin, but his feet look a little heavy for the ROT spot.

Last edited:
I see Vollmer as a future LT. Nate Solder of Colorado is probably the best OT in the country eligible for the next draft. Maybe Carmini of Wisconsin, but his feet look a little heavy for the ROT spot.

Not saying they will, but if the Pats got Solder, would they go Vollmer left, Solder right, or the other way 'round?

Not saying they will, but if the Pats got Solder, would they go Vollmer left, Solder right, or the other way 'round?

Figure if there is either no Light extension OR Light is resigned but moves inside as a 2 year stop-gap at guard, it would be Vollmer at Left Tackle just because who wants a rookie protecting Brady's blindside.

Figure if there is either no Light extension OR Light is resigned but moves inside as a 2 year stop-gap at guard, it would be Vollmer at Left Tackle just because who wants a rookie protecting Brady's blindside.

True, but remember Solder is 6'9" and has arms longer than the Ted Williams tunnel. His only weakness is a lack of brute strength, but Woicik can fix that.

True, but remember Solder is 6'9" and has arms longer than the Ted Williams tunnel. His only weakness is a lack of brute strength, but Woicik can fix that.

Then do a one year right side apprenticeship to keep Brady upright while Woicik works on the strength.

Solder got embarrassed by Cal's Cameron Jordan last Saturday. I haven't watched him much so far, but I suspect Solder is way overated and best as a RT.

Nate Solder looked awful against Cal. I mean, not even draftable based on that performance. Obviously his entire body of work needs to be taken into account, but his technique in this game was just atrocious. I'd previously been a fan of taking him in the second, but now I'm not even sure I want him on the team. He looks like a major, major liability against speedier rushers and often completely whiffs in blitz pickup. In addition, due to his height, he has real issues getting leverage in the run game. I will say he looks great on the move, and he does have the prototypical frame/physical skills for the position. His mental acuity is what I question.

EDIT: Here's video proof of what I was talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_VBKVmhyAo

Last edited:
re: Nate Solder and other OLs. . . .

In Scar I trust. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye