Welcome to PatsFans.com

Seau

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Maroney, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Maroney

Maroney Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

According to http://www.patscap.com/ he will be a FA after this year. Do you think he wil retire or will he play again? Do you think he will resign with us? I sure hope he does.
  2. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Retire? Don't you mean graduate?
  3. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

I remember him saying he was going to play again without a doubt. I hope we resign him, he was the key to our superb RUN D.
  4. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

It depends. If he wants to start and we need him to be a backup third string guy then we'll probably pass.
  5. Buddah50

Buddah50 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would like to see him back - especially if we snag a stud ILB with one of our 1st round picks. Working in with Seau & Bruschi could be the ideal learning environment....
  6. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Actually the main reason he came to the Pats was because we were the only team who offered him a job. I think his experience with SD (who traded him) and Miami (who cut him) being what it is, if he wants to play a significant role anywhere in 2007 he will play here.
  7. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Funny how quiet he has been these past few weeks ever since he has been on IR. It's like he never even was part of the team.
  8. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm one who doesn't care if Seau comes back. It's time to start developing some new players at the position and his presence impedes that IMO. Beyond that, the chances of him getting through a season healthy at 38 is highly unlikely based on recent history.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  9. solman

solman Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think we would love to have Seau in 2007, especially if Brischi retires.

I think that Seau would like to come back in 2007 because he wants to earn a ring in a Super Bowl that he plays in (this year won't count if we win because he won't be playing).

Looking at free agents, draft picks, and room under the salary cap, the patriots are well positioned for an exceptional off season. I expect to have a 2003-2004 level team next year (i.e. a team good enough to win a super bowl WITHOUT Brady/Belichick magic [this years team NEEDS the magic we saw on Sunday]).

A key problem is that Seau has major problems with Pepper Johnson.

My ideal scenario is that the Pats win, Bruschi retires on top and becomes the new LB coach [I think he is running out of gas an knows it], and Pepper moves to some other part of the defensive organization.

I love Pepper to death, but I think his people skills need work and that he's a bit jealous of Seau who is a guaranteed hall of famer.
  10. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think Seau would love to come back and play with Rodney even if he gets a ring this year. He seemed to truly enjoy himself just playing ball, and I loved his intensity. He still has much to give to the game.
  11. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

I say no way he comes back, he played great for us and our defense has not been as stout since he left but he will be 38 and has 14 pins in his arm. He hasn't played a full season since 2003 and doesn't play special teams. Hopefully we get him a ring and then look to get younger at LB next year.