PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau vs. Bruschi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seau has been better against the run that Bru since he arrived. That's the primary area where our linebackers have been lacking. Sure it would be nice to get some additional pass rush, but I expect the dime will cointinue to feature Guyton at LB (with AD perhaps moving to DE to rush) and the nickel will have Guyton and AD at LB. Seau won't enter into the pass rush equation on obvious passing downs.

Seau is simply a freak, and I mean that complementarily. I remember in recent years seeing Seau in some game they were using him as a blocker or something and he was jumping up and down on the sidelines trying to get in the game.

As an old man I can tell you, you lose that type of spring in your legs, and it can happen overnight to professional athletes. Bruschi and Vrabel have been struggling for years, due to other injuries which wear you out (bad back for Vrable) and it seems to sap that "spring" though you can obviously play through it.

Seau is obviously also an all time great LB, but he must have good genes too. If you've still got the spring in your legs, your age is almost immaterial IMO.

It's about situational defense; BB and company have something in mind regarding where they plug Seau in. My guess is its short yardage situations, and some first down. He gets the nod of Bruschi for that.

Don't forget jumbo package FB. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back