PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
=================================
Junior was the Pats best LB last year up till he got hurt.

My God...how bad does that make us really? We better gets some good young blood fast.

I don't want either Bruschi or Seau to get the number of reps that a starting ILB normally gets.

=================================
Junior was the Pats best LB last year up till he got hurt. Maybe he starts this year, good for him. I just feel at his age BB probaly looks at him as depth rather then a lock as a starter for a full 16 game season, jmo.

Good news and a great addition to the LB corps. Seau has the Patriot focus and attitude, and he became productive in a very short time last season. Welcome back, Junior!

McHugh's analysis...
http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2007/05/22/sports/sports02.txt
In a best-case scenario, Seau’s return gives the Patriots a heady veteran backup...
-----
Seau likely will see time inside...
-----
Seau, a 12-time Pro Bowler, was a pleasant surprise last year.
-----
‘‘Junior is Junior,’’ safety Artrell Hawkins remarked last season. ‘‘Junior’s been a great player for 17 years. I’m not very surprised at all. He’s very professional. He’s always getting a mental advantage, he’s always getting a physical advantage. He’s in here early, he stays late. That’s what you would expect from a future Hall of Fame linebacker. He’s met all of my expectations.’’
-----
...but he did the little things right, too. Patriots coach Bill Belichick pointed out that Ty Warren’s game-winning safety against the Bills in Week 1 would not have occurred had Seau not been shadowing Buffalo tight end Robert Royal down the seam, thereby forcing quarterback J.P. Losman to hold the ball longer than he should have.

That type of coverage was sorely lacking in the AFC championship game loss in Indianapolis, when the Patriots’ linebackers repeatedly were beaten by the Colts’ tight ends and backs, who combined for 15 of Peyton Manning’s 27 completions. Thomas is expected to be the real fix for that problem, although Seau might be able to chip in, provided he can stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back