Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

January 12, 2007
Seau sighting

Linebacker Junior Seau, who was placed on injured reserve after breaking his arm Nov. 26 against the Bears, was a guest on the Patriots All-Access television program Friday night.

Seau was interviewed from his restaurant in San Diego by host Mike Lynch.

The Q&A:

How is your arm?
“The arm is great. It’s ready to go. I have two plates in there, with 14 screws. I was lifting [weights with] it two and a half weeks ago. It’s definitely doing good.”

You must be going out of your mind…
“It’s bittersweet, to know the team is coming to my hometown and not to be able to play and partake in it, it’s definitely a bitter part of it. You know, I’m proud of my players. I’m proud of what they’ve been able to do. I know there is a bigger scope that they are looking forward to, but this is definitely a step in the right direction.”

What are the odds, your former team against your current team, probably the two best teams in the conference…
“I believe they are the two best teams in the conference, when you look at the special teams, offense and defense. They rank up there. When they were heading toward the end of the season, when I had my arm broken, I was watching both teams kind of develop. It’s amazing how they’re striving right on time, they’re starting to peak, jelling together, playing great football, and I knew there was going to be a point in time that their paths were going to cross. And here they are.”

Where does your heart lie?
“My heart lies with both of them, obviously, but I’m a Patriot. I’m a Patriot player. I want my team to win. San Diego doesn’t have any hard time with that, because they know what type of player or person I am. Whenever I jump on board, I’m with you all the way through it. I'm happy that the city of San Diego gets to kind of embrace something similar to what we had in the Super Bowl of '94. But at the same time, you want your team to win, and the Patriots are coming over here trying to derail the San Diego Chargers. When it comes down to a win-loss gig on Sunday, I definitely win on both parties."

Do you keep in touch with any Patriots?
“I call some of the players. I had a great time up there. The fan support was unbelievable. The stadium. Whenever you’re with the Kraft family, you have a touch of class.”

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 08:05:25 PM

Last edited:
Seau What?!!
Lawsuit: NFL great tossed drinks, spewed vulgarites at women
JANUARY 10--Two women are suing NFL star Junior Seau, claiming that the future Hall of Famer drunkenly called them "female-specific profanities" and tossed drinks on them during a bar confrontation last year. The women, who are only identified as "Jane Roe #1" and "Jane Roe #2" in their January 8 complaint, charge that the 37-year-old linebacker "physically threatened and attacked" them last May at Side Bar, a popular San Diego nightspot. The Superior Court lawsuit, an excerpt of which you'll find below, does not detail what precipitated the alleged incident, though a footnote in the document does quote what Seau reportedly said to the Roes. "Put your shirt on, your tits are too small!" he allegedly counseled Jane Roe #1. Jane Roe #2 allegedly received this fitness advice: "Get on a treadmill you ****!" The women also claim that Seau threw two drinks on them, "ruining Plaintiffs' clothing (and evening)." As a result of the incident, the lawsuit contends, the women suffered property damage and mental and emotional anguish, for which they are each seeking unspecified compensatory and punitive damages. The complaint, which notes that, "this would not be the first time that Seau has shown his intolerance," refers to a pair of previous incidents that have clouded the football star's reputation. During a 2004 banquet speech, Seau assured the audience that he was not a "***got." A year earlier, he suggested that the only way to stop teammate LaDainian Tomlinson, a star running back, was to "give him a couple pieces of watermelon (and) load him up with some fried chicken." Seau, who was named to the Pro Bowl 12 times during his 13 seasons with the San Diego Chargers, signed last August with the New England Patriots. An injury will keep Seau off the field this Sunday when the Patriots visit San Diego in an NFL divisional playoff matchup. (6 pages)

from the smoking gun.. I LIKE JUNIORS INTENSITY!!!!!

Last edited:
I don't like the past tense he uses referring to NE. I was hoping he would be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back