PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau led us in tackles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
That's impressive.

Considering the guys been on the team for 3 weeks or so.

He'll catch up to Beisel's stats quick!!!!

They seem to have come late in the game too if im not mistaken.Overall,A great day for the defense.It was nice seeing both our DE's with sacks..Thats very Promising....VERY VERY promising...

Slagathor said:
That's impressive.

Considering the guys been on the team for 3 weeks or so.

He'll catch up to Beisel's stats quick!!!!

Really? Now, there's an interesting stat. He seemed very pumped up. I guess he was part of the dramatic turnaround in the second half. The front seven really stepped it up after the break. I was REALLY worried in the first half, when absolutely nothing seemed to be working.

he was tied for 2nd in tackles

Harrison- 9 all together
Seau - 8 all together
Wilson - 8 all together
Vrabel - 8 all together

I'm surprised there I haven't heard any mention of trying to get a deserving guy a SB ring. It's another nice motivation for the season.

Last edited:
Remix 6 said:

Harrison- 9 all together
Seau - 8 all together
Wilson - 8 all together
Vrabel - 8 all together

I was going to say I was suprised Rodney wasn't the leader.

Remix 6 said:

Harrison- 9 all together
Seau - 8 all together
Wilson - 8 all together
Vrabel - 8 all together

Still pretty impressive.

Seau was a good move by Belichick, a real good move.

I thought our defense was so difficult to learn that a player from another team would take a year to really learn it. It is good to have Seau! It will also be great to see Vrabel move back outside, when Bruschi comes back.

Remix 6 said:

Harrison- 9 all together
Seau - 8 all together
Wilson - 8 all together
Vrabel - 8 all together
Let me see, ILBs and Ss lead the team in tackles - middle of the field anyone? What was it BB was telling Rosey and Vrabes in the transcript Pats1 posted, turn them back inside for Sey and Vince - or in this case the next layer, still, they controlled the edges - kudos to TBC/Rosey, and I know Asante set a nice edge on a couple plays that tried to overload Rosey.

One thing, Seau was tied for first on the team in solo tackles with 5.

Kdo5 said:
Seau was a good move by Belichick, a real good move.

It was called a "desparation" move by some pundits.

No doubt we needed some depth at LB - but Seau earned a starting spot, and clearly the only reason he retired (ahem - graduated) from Miami was because had had serious doubts about them contending for the SB

After week one his concerns were well founded - but this is only week one.

We could easily be sharing the basement of the AFC East with them

The big question is why the Pats were getting blown off the ball and giving up big runs while in the 3-4 defense and only got rectified in the switch to the 4-3?

Is it becuase they are missing Mcginest who was essentially a lineman playing linebacker?

I was concerned that many times we had a tackler there only to be a half step slow. That is a foreboding thought. Still good clubs suck it up and find a way to win.

I bet Seau also led the team in whiffed tackles/falling on top of the guy at the end of the play, most of which he then followed with a celebration. Reminded me of Beisel.

Last edited:
MrBigglesWorth said:
The big question is why the Pats were getting blown off the ball and giving up big runs while in the 3-4 defense and only got rectified in the switch to the 4-3?

Is it becuase they are missing Mcginest who was essentially a lineman playing linebacker?

That's interesting. Jarvis Green in for TBC? I'd take that trade off, I think.

363839 said:
That's interesting. Jarvis Green in for TBC? I'd take that trade off, I think.
Maybe TBC just isn't big enough. And I'm not sold on Seau at ILB when Bruschi returns. I think he'll be the odd man out.

The Gr8est said:
I'm surprised there I haven't heard any mention of trying to get a deserving guy a SB ring. It's another nice motivation for the season.

Waaay too early for that... that talk comes when we are driving for a playoff spot or when we are actually in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes