PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau Injury Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzafted

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
So, I'm somebody who believes that if Seau hadn't broken his arm last year, he'd be wearing a ring right now. I think it's without question that we'll be stronger with him in the lineup, but how do you think that injury is going to affect his production? For a linebacker who's benefited from strong arms for years, do you think there's going to be less power in his upper body for him to shed blocks? It looked like a d*mn nasty break, is he capable of being the player he was last year? There were times when he was the strongest part of our linebacking corps, it would be great if he was back to form.

From what I heard, it was a clean break and he healed quickly. I've also heard it said that broken bones mend to only be stronger, so don't imagine that his arm should be any problem!

There's no question our LB corps was tired... though not having the bye, travelling back from San Diego and playing again on the road didn't help that either.

Of course the team lost that game - not just the defense. One key first down and we run out the clock to victory against Indy.

Still, if you catch me with a few drinks in me, I'd be more likely to admit we were one well- timed Willie McGinest injury away from the Super Bowl rather than blame Seau's injury! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye