PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau: "I could give you six good games"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late in the season, after Injured Reserve has inevitably claimed a few guys -- sure. But I'm not going to hope for it, as that's tantamount to hoping our season-opening guys get hurt.

Let him coach the linebackers this season and, if there are serious injuries, bring him on in! I'm sure there's a lot of Seau's brain that Mayo can pick.

Late in the season, after Injured Reserve has inevitably claimed a few guys -- sure. But I'm not going to hope for it, as that's tantamount to hoping our season-opening guys get hurt.

I definitely agree with what your saying. I dont want to route for injuries to our own guys.

Too bad he wasn't an OLB as we are thinner on the outside even after getting Burgess.

But I definitely want him to get a ring...maybe there is a way to squeeze him in without an injury.

Last edited:
What did Seau give us last season? He is a HOF'er but is DONE!!!
What Branch did to him made me laugh.

What did Seau give us last season? He is a HOF'er but is DONE!!!
What Branch did to him made me laugh.

22 tackles in 4 games (all wins)...filling in nicely for some hurt players

22 tackles in 4 games (all wins)...filling in nicely for some hurt players

22 tackles for loss? Stats don't tell the whole story. I watched those games.

He is too old.

'Shadow' roster candidate?

Seau paid for his ride a long time ago.

I completely agree. Free ride ? He is not playing football, but he's willing to come back for a third of the season if needed. Free ride ? I can name quite a few players from the 01,03,04 SB years who had a "free ride" in comparison with Seau.

If we need him late in the season, call him. Too old ? For the full season, yes. There are hundreds or thousands of "young" wanna-be-nfl-LBs out there I'd rather not have on the roster.

22 tackles for loss? Stats don't tell the whole story. I watched those games.

Respect, JFK. You're right about stats not telling the full story; however, it's unfair to insinuate that Seau wasn't at least adequate in those games. He wasn't stellar by any means, but he was adequate. He made some good plays for the team, particularly in the red zone.

I would love to get Seau a ring this year. :D

Well said, love the guy wish he had played his whole career here (Rodney H too). If there is an injury by all means bring him in for some post grad work and a run for a SB ring.

I will NOT pass. It's December. Guyton and Bruschi are out for the season. Seau comes in, plays 55% of the plays at ILB. He knows what's being asked of him. He stuffs the run once ina while. And he watches from the sidelines as TFB puts up 40 points on the board.

Everything was set for him to get the ring in 07. In 09, the conditions are right for another run... the NFL is a weird league. Who knows who'll get the key play of the key drive...

Do I want Seau in camp right now ? No. Do I want him on speed dial if things get crazy ? Yes.

we could also keep roman phifer on speed dial.......maybe vinnie testaverde

I don't care about getting him a ring..........if it gets to the point where the pats actually need seau, there will be no ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back