PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau, Harrison take on their old franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Finally Rodney gets a shot at his old team. He has missed out on 3 straight oppurtunites. Two due to injuries, one due to suspension. Finally he gets to take on those SD scum bags.

Rodney is who I'm looking at. I want him to seriously knock Ladanians head off. I 'm sure he'll say something stupid and get Rodney going this week.

It's probably less of a big deal for Harrison, but Seau was Mr. Charger for so long. He still owns a popular restaurant near Qualcomm, played H.S. ball in nearby Oceanside, retired as a Charger before the Patriots came calling and will always consider himself a Bolt first and foremost.

This is the one of the best story lines of the game. This could be Seau's last chance to get his ring and his old team stands in his way.

Didn't he retire from the phins? Or was I just not paying attention to his retirement?

Eitherway, I think both always look forward to playing the team that let them go as "washups". Both Harrison and Seau were bolts for so long and we basically tossed aside no?

Didn't he retire from the phins? Or was I just not paying attention to his retirement?

Eitherway, I think both always look forward to playing the team that let them go as "washups". Both Harrison and Seau were bolts for so long and we basically tossed aside no?

You are right in the sense Seau last played for Miami before coming to Foxboro. When he was a free agent, he signed a one day with the Chargers to retire with his original team as a ceremonial thing. Then two days later, Bill Belichick needed a linebacker (forgot who got hurt in training camp) and offered Seau a chance.

You are right the Chargers pushed both aside. I don't blame A.J. Smith and the front office either. At the time, a youth movement was the right direction to go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back