PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau confirmed, Sands released

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
though he played good against baltimore. Pass rush seemed to improve with him in there, obviously thats a no no : )

I doubt Sands goes far

yea if Brace was up to speed, then Sands would be back on the couch.

Come to think of it, the guy is so big, isn't he the couch and his family sits on him? :p

yea if Brace was up to speed, then Sands would be back on the couch.

Come to think of it, the guy is so big, isn't he the couch and his family sits on him? :p

The dude must use a ladel for a spoon. His size is mammoth

So maybe Galloway still have some use....

I was hoping the Pats would line Sands up in the backfield as a lead blocker on a running play. It would have been entertaining if nothing else.

So maybe Galloway still have some use....

I hope so. The guy can still get behind DB's with the greatest of ease. If his timing improves with Brady and they work out whatever little kinks they have in each others' games, this offense will improve immensely. Of course, that assumes that Brady starts hitting the deep ball on a regular basis like we all know he can...

I guess that the bottom line is that an 8th defensive lineman is a luxury we can't afford.

We signed a front seven guy and we cut one. We got to try out Lenon, Prescott Burgess and Sands while we waited for Seau.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. I wanted to keep an extra NT as additional Wilfork protection in the same way that we are keeping an extra interior offesnive lineman as protection against losing Mankins or Neal.

Apparently, Lockett is showing value on special teams.

I think Sands has a lot of potential. He looked pretty good to me and I was dissapointed to see him released. I guess they feel they need Seau more.

I think Sands has a lot of potential. He looked pretty good to me and I was dissapointed to see him released. I guess they feel they need Seau more.

I think we were all "WOW'ed" by his size. He honestly wasn't the dominating force that most of us were making him out to be in the Ravens game. He crashed the line only a couple of times and seemed to mostly due it when he was isolated against a single blocker. When he was double teamed, he was driven back. He was an okay pick-up for us, but nothing spectacular.

I hope so. The guy can still get behind DB's with the greatest of ease. If his timing improves with Brady and they work out whatever little kinks they have in each others' games, this offense will improve immensely. Of course, that assumes that Brady starts hitting the deep ball on a regular basis like we all know he can...

Galloway cant catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, rumor has it that Galloway was eaten by Sands. The inactive thing is just a cover up.

I heard the same thing. Galloway was feeding him a Double Whopper w/ Cheese and Sands bit his fingers off. Most likely the reason Galloway was inactive for 2 games as they needed to surgically re-attach the fingers..:p

Can't keep his feet in bounds either! I'm astounded that they haven't cut

him. I don't buy the arguement that he is on the roster until Tate is

activated. Tate will be a return man until he masters the offensive

system. It is a sorry situation with Galloway and Aiken as wide receivers.

That hasn't been a problem throughout his career. The theory I have one why he's having problems this year is that he's not used to have a QB like Brady who fires the ball in, even 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and, similarly, Brady is having trouble adjusting his throws to Galloway to make it so that they are easier for him to catch (I know, I know... Brady shouldn't have to do that, but necessity is the mother of invention...). Galloway would have had a sure-fire TD in the Jets game if Brady had hit him before Lito Sheppard was able to play catch-up. He was WIDE OPEN.

All in all, I'm for giving Galloway one more chance to see what he does. If it finally works, then it's good for our offense. If it fails, then we are in the same boat as we have been in the past couple of weeks, although the opposing defense would have to respect his very threat. If the second try fails as well, Brandon Tate is always coming back. We can see what he can do as a viable option.

Can't keep his feet in bounds either! I'm astounded that they haven't cut

him. I don't buy the arguement that he is on the roster until Tate is

activated. Tate will be a return man until he masters the offensive

system. It is a sorry situation with Galloway and Aiken as wide receivers.

I dont understand why a PFW employee would believe a player who hasnt practiced with the team will take a job away from a 14 year vet.

Tate has the ability to be a Reggie Wayne but he's not doing that for another year or more AT LEAST!

I dont understand why a PFW employee would believe a player who hasnt practiced with the team will take a job away from a 14 year vet.

Tate has the ability to be a Reggie Wayne but he's not doing that for another year or more AT LEAST!

How do you know that? Tate has just as much of a chance at being a break-out player as he does being invisible. If there is an offense built for the former to happen to him, it is this one with the opposing defense having to give their attetion to not only Randy Moss and Wes Welker, but also to Julian Edelman to a degree. Tate will have an increased chance of getting open.

How do you know that? Tate has just as much of a chance at being a break-out player as he does being invisible. If there is an offense built for the former to happen to him, it is this one with the opposing defense having to give their attetion to not only Randy Moss and Wes Welker, but also to Julian Edelman to a degree. Tate will have an increased chance of getting open.

How well is this working out for Galloway?

I mean the odds are against him completely. Hes been recovering from a major injury and has yet to play in sync with this team.

Cutting Sands sounds like a cap/cost-conscious move. He got signed after the first game, so his contract wasn't guaranteed. Clearly, he also didn't overwhelm with performance/talent, but he was a financially easy cut. Galloway is spent money and clearly Nunn isn't overwhelming the coaching staff. (Is Lockett dead money as well, or did we pick him up after Game 1?)

slurp, slurp, slurp

You believe that a wide receiver, off an injury, with no preseason, no NFL experience, and no practice until after game 6, has just as much chance as being a break out player as being invisible in his rookie year as a wide receiver?

While this is possible, it has to be a long shot. A first round receiver is a crapshoot even if he has no injuries, has a full set of offseason practices, a full offseason and 6 games of practice and experience. Even these players do not have "just as much chance of being a breakout player as being invisible" Lots of wide receivers are invisible in their first year, probably more than those who are breakout players.

Apparently, Tate is the miracle man. He can instantly have great timing with Brady. He doesn't need the offseason or practices. He doesn't need time to recover from his injuries and be 100%. Who does he think he is? Junior Seau?

Tate has just as much of a chance at being a break-out player as he does being invisible..]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes