PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau conference call

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/08/seaus_take.html

August 18, 2006
Seau's take

Linebacker Junior Seau just held a conference call with the New England media. He opened by saying he was jet-lagged from his cross country flight Thursday night, and confirmed that the contract he signed with the Patriots is a one-year deal. He said he'll play at some point in the preseason and “when a championship team calls, you definitely have to answer the call.”

Did Rodney Harrison play any role in this at all?
“Rodney lobbed a couple of calls. He’ll probably get a finder’s free.”

What is your role going to be?
"The role is definitely a player who is definitely on the field at a linebacker position. What they do is a lot of things. There are going to be two positions that I play. I've played them all."

What are your thoughts about playing with Rodney Harrison again?
“It was definitely a homecoming when I saw Rodney. There were hugs and joyful cheers when we met. We have a lot of respect for each other. Throughout the years it grew to both of us loving each other as players and people. We’ve definitely seen each other grow up.”

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the guy has left in the tank, but one thing does come to thought:

Between Rodney, Bruschi and Seau, the intensity on the field should be overwhelming for the opposition.

Look for lots more penalties this year.

Slagathor said:
I'm not sure what the guy has left in the tank, but one thing does come to thought:

Between Rodney, Bruschi and Seau, the intensity on the field should be overwhelming for the opposition.

Look for lots more penalties this year.

Add those three to Seymour, and Vrabel, and Colvin, and Samuel, and Warren, and Wilfork, and Geno, and Hobbs, and Gay, and Green, and Tebucky, and Sanders, and Hawkins, and...

Wow. THAT's a defense.

Last edited:
Enough of these reunion tears between him and Rodney.

The only tears I want to hear about are the tears of the other 31 teams.

Do we think that Seau is going to be h.u.n.g.r.y for a SB ring ?? ?? ?? That kind of thing is CONTAGIOUS.

We don't happen to think that Belichick and Pioli figured this into the equation - do we ?? ?? ?? Naaaah. They wouldn't do something like that.

Welcome aboard officially. Hope to see you in action soon.

arrellbee said:
Do we think that Seau is going to be h.u.n.g.r.y for a SB ring ?? ?? ?? That kind of thing is CONTAGIOUS.

We don't happen to think that Belichick and Pioli figured this into the equation - do we ?? ?? ?? Naaaah. They wouldn't do something like that.

Do we THINK?

He couldn't have made it more clear... he didn't retire, he "graduated" and now he's going for his "Masters" - he pretty much made it clear the respect he holds for the team and the organization with his comments

one line in the interview kinda makes me skeptical

"I don't think I would be here if it would just be a secondary role. I don't expect to play every down."

we all bashed chad brown for his play last year but he was model citizen accepting whatever role he had..remains to be seen if his role gets reduced/changed due to some reason how he responds

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes