PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattlestatman Comes Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Sandritter's own account of it all:

http://www.smtsports.com/borges.html

The last sentence of his personal account:

........"All I have to say is if anyone learns anything from this its do not get on the
bad side of the Boston sports fans because the second they get something on you they will
go to all costs to make sure you pay for it, and in this case Borges apparently has."

Refreshing to read about a young student doing the right thing. I'm sick to death of the boston media apologists trying to soften the blow for Borges. Plagiarism, especially in the written form, is pretty black and white to me. I've read many newpapers "NFL notes" articles and guess what, most of them DON'T have a bye line to them. They just say "notes" and you know it comes from several sources!
Enjoyed the Seattle Blog. Since Borges is on IR, I say we campaign to bring this writer in for a try-out. NewEngland deserves better sports coverage! By the way, CHFF has now topped my favorites list.

And Sandritter's own account of it all:

http://www.smtsports.com/borges.html

........"All I have to say is if anyone learns anything from this its do not get on the
bad side of the Boston sports fans because the second they get something on you they will
go to all costs to make sure you pay for it, and in this case Borges apparently has."

Wow. Great work by him but I am not happy with his final comment on the fans; makes it look like if the fans never reacted this strongly, Borges would have continued without any problem.

Wish we really had those powers because we could have long ago made Borges become more objective and shed his personal agenda. Wonder why none of the sports experts want to talk about that.

Instead of focusing on the writers getting on the 'bad side of the fans', he must have a chat with some of the players who played any sport in the Boston area and get their opinion whether some of the Boston sports writers made those players 'pay for it'.

Thanks for tracking and posting this!

I want to know who sent the guy ANGRY emails. Whomever it is should be throttled. Borges is a scum bag and he obliterated any journalistic integrity he had with his plagarism

Borges' duplicitous treatment towards BB/Pats has brought about his downfall. From CHFF...

"He had never heard of Borges until that morning. A message board he liked had made a big deal Sunday about Borges’ strange takes on New England's Adalius Thomas signing – a glowing piece about Thomas on MSNBC.com Friday, then a negative story in the Boston Globe two days later, after the Patriots had inked the linebacker to a contract.

“If it weren’t for (the chatter about those conflicting stories), I probably never would have noticed anything,” said Sandritter, who goes by the name "Seattlestatman" on football message boards.

But the name registered with him – Borges, OK, this is the guy Patriots fans hate, the guy they say has it out for Belichick and the Patriots. The message boards are crawling with venom toward this guy. "

Last edited:
I post over at the Globe once in a while. The day the Borges story was breaking I gave my 2 cents worth on wrong borges. Today I tried to post something about the Hatchet job they are doing on Brady based on a rumor out of a Brazilian rumor mag. I could not log in, looks like they don't like what I have to say :singing:

To Mr. Sandritter:
Let me advise you, lad, that as long as the reporting is based on fact and does not editorialize expressions of personal bias and other agendas, Boston sports fans are extremely fair and will embrace those who accurately report on the teams we follow. Once you cross the line, however, Boston fans "will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers."

It's quite simple, really . . .

I know I'd buy him a beer if I saw him at a pub.

To Mr. Sandritter:
Let me advise you, lad, that as long as the reporting is based on fact and does not editorialize expressions of personal bias and other agendas, Boston sports fans are extremely fair and will embrace those who accurately report on the teams we follow. Once you cross the line, however, Boston fans "will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers."

It's quite simple, really . . .
Exactly.
The reason Reiss is so popular IMHO is that he presents just facts and information. Period. With this info, the reader can make his or her own conclusions... I don't need the Borges' and Shaunnessy's of the world to tell me what to think. Give me the Who, What, Where, Why, and How much and let me take it from there.

I emailed him thanking him but also letting him know that it is unfair for him to label New England Fans the way he did. I gave him a very brief run down on Borges and why Pats fans have issues with him and that this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I, for one, thought his article was poorly written.

The kid is a journalism major and he goes to Drew Bledsoe's school: Wazzu (Washington State University).

I emailed him thanking him but also letting him know that it is unfair for him to label New England Fans the way he did. I gave him a very brief run down on Borges and why Pats fans have issues with him and that this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Actually, I absorbed a different vibe from his comment on the NE fans. I see it as him being very impressed.

In that ESPN board that night he came back on a couple of hours after his initial post and complimented the NE fans for jumping right on it. He was giving kudos.

For your clarification, his posts are #1 and #17 in the linked thread:

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=579151&tsn=1

Also, post #12 in this thread:

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?&tid=579816&tsn=12&rls=New+England+Patriots

I'll be the first to buy that guy a beer. I'd tell him to watch his back though. If Borges is willing to beat up a guy in a wheel chair, there is no telling what he'd do to this kid.

Cool story. Imagine being that guy. Just posted some little observation of yours on a random message board...next thing you know its a huge international story that brought down a respected* journalist! :cool:

*by the misguided, anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back