Nov 12 St. Louis
Nov 19 @San Francisco
Nov 27 Green Bay
Dec 3 @Denver L
Dec 10 @Arizona
Dec 14 San Francisco
Dec 24 San Diego L
Dec 31 @Tampa Bay

Barring injuries, I think the worst you could expect them to do is 11-5. Seattle is a shoe-in to win the division and is likely to get a first round bye. Teams that could potentially beat them in the playoffs IMO:

NY Giants
Dallas
Chicago
Minnesota
Carolina
Atlanta

I see Seattle's round 1 pick as somewhere in the 25 to 31 range.

Based on the draft value chart:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...com/nfl/draft06/insider/news/story?id=2410670

Trading up the two number 1s (assuming the Pats pick No. 32 of course), will put us in range to get between No. 13 and No. 10. Using the 3rd round compensatory picks we could get as high as say No. 7. I'm not saying the Pats will do this, but, the extra 1st rounder has given the Pats a world of opportunities for the 2007 Draft.

Right now the Pats are considered to be a franchise in decline according to most National media. In April, though, they will be the envy of every team in the league.

Nice analysis.

One thing, tho, is that Compensatory picks cant be traded.

I've been looking a the draft prospects next year, and I dont see a major dropoff in talent from #10 to #30. There's been talk that the 2007 class will be strong... but I'm skepitcal. I think 2006 was strong, but 2007 looks mediocre so far.

kurtinelson said:
Here is a look at Seattle's schedule. It's pretty weak if you ask me:

Sep 10 @Detroit Won 9-6
Sep 17 Arizona Won 21-10
Sep 24 N.Y. Giants L
Oct 1 @Chicago L
Oct 15 @St. Louis
Oct 22 Minnesota L
Oct 29 @Kansas City
Nov 6 Oakland
Nov 12 St. Louis
Nov 19 @San Francisco
Nov 27 Green Bay
Dec 3 @Denver L
Dec 10 @Arizona
Dec 14 San Francisco
Dec 24 San Diego L
Dec 31 @Tampa Bay

Barring injuries, I think the worst you could expect them to do is 11-5. Seattle is a shoe-in to win the division and is likely to get a first round bye. Teams that could potentially beat them in the playoffs IMO:

NY Giants
Dallas
Chicago
Minnesota
Carolina
Atlanta

I see Seattle's round 1 pick as somewhere in the 25 to 31 range.

Based on the draft value chart:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...com/nfl/draft06/insider/news/story?id=2410670

Trading up the two number 1s (assuming the Pats pick No. 32 of course), will put us in range to get between No. 13 and No. 10. Using the 3rd round compensatory picks we could get as high as say No. 7. I'm not saying the Pats will do this, but, the extra 1st rounder has given the Pats a world of opportunities for the 2007 Draft.

Right now the Pats are considered to be a franchise in decline according to most National media. In April, though, they will be the envy of every team in the league.

I did have Seattle going 11-5, but I had them beating Minnesota, but will split the series with the Rams, which I believe the Hawks will lose will be in St. Louis.

rookBoston said:
Nice analysis.

One thing, tho, is that Compensatory picks cant be traded.

Oops. I suppose they could trade their original No. 3 under this scenario. I really like the fact that the Pats will be able to pretty much position themselves on the board anyway that they see fit.

JackPMiller said:
I did have Seattle going 11-5, but I had them beating Minnesota, but will split the series with the Rams, which I believe the Hawks will lose will be in St. Louis.

I agree. They'll probably beat one or two of the out of division opponents I've listed as losses and probably lose one or two games within the division. Too bad Seattle isn't in a tougher division.

Sep 24 N.Y. Giants L

Yeah right. :lol:

kurtinelson said:
Oct 1 @Chicago L
Oct 15 @St. Louis
Oct 22 Minnesota L
Well these three look a little better for Ls with Shawn Alexander expected to miss them all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back