PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle to go to the SB IMO.They are a wagon right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see. They averaged 50 pts per game for three of their last four games. They've beaten NE, SF and GB already this season. They rank 2nd in terms of total defense (YPG), first in passing defense and third in rushing defense and only one team left in the playoffs has a higher turnover differential.

Why on earth would people think that the Seahawks have a good shot at the SB? :)

It's remarkable the hate on this board for all things not New England. Here, teams don't beat NE, NE gives the games away. And my personal favorite which applies to this Seattle discussion..."NE softened up SF so that Seattle could pummel SF." That 50 pt streak was just a fortunate coincidence??

And (John Bonham drum roll) their rookie QB advances to the next level without playing a team piloted by a proven champion. Now that is a stroke of luck, and I am all in favor of luck but it is going to be different going up against an Aaron Rodgers followed by a Manning or Brady on the biggest stages.

No way I'll pick the Hawks over the Packers, Broncos or Patriots but I do think they have a shot. It's a shot but not the shot I'm willing to put money on.

Yeah, see my post right after this one. I think if the Packers can get by San Fran (who I expect to slow them down significantly), the sky is the limit.

You're like every clown fan from another team that's feeling its oats for the first time in years. You're nothing different from the Broncos trolls we had a couple of days ago.

And you're like every clown from ANY forum I've been on since internet forums existed who thinks their post count gives them the power to talk down to people, when they really have nothing intelligent to say.

Tell me again how Shanahan made a "STUPID" decision to keep RG3 in the game? :rolleyes:

Yeah, see my post right after this one. I think if the Packers can get by San Fran (who I expect to slow them down significantly), the sky is the limit.

I concur. Falcons or Seahawks ... both will have a very tough time at Green Bay.

But, I think both the Patriots and Broncos would be favored in the SuperBowl if it came down to it.

It's remarkable the hate on this board for all things not New England. Here, teams don't beat NE, NE gives the games away. And my personal favorite which applies to this Seattle discussion..."NE softened up SF so that Seattle could pummel SF." That 50 pt streak was just a fortunate coincidence??

Yup. It's like the replacement refs thing and GB. That conveniently ignores the fact that SEA kept GB close enough that one score made all the difference.

I think SEA deserve huge credit. There were three rookies in the playoffs this year and two of them were the first and second overall picks. SEA got there with a 3rd pick. A pick which right now is looking inspirational. They have built a potentially dominating defense with a shutdown capable secondary and had probably the best draft of all 32 teams.

It's not hard to give credit when credit is due...at least for reasonable and normal people.

And you're like every clown from ANY forum I've been on since internet forums existed who thinks their post count gives them the power to talk down to people, when they really have nothing intelligent to say.

Tell me again how Shanahan made a "STUPID" decision to keep RG3 in the game? :rolleyes:

Calling out Deus???
Be prepared to be bored into submission:)

Interesting comment considering the Patriots really like did give the game away in Seattle.

Perhaps you just admire the intuitive insight of the team's fanbase????

IF somehow Atlanta chokes at home…I really think asking Seattle to beat SF 2 out of 3 OR beating GB twice this season (the first one was a true fluke) is asking much. Based on this, I think ATL, SF, and GB all have better chances of making the Super Bowl than Seattle.
Writing this makes me appreciate just HOW GOOD the NFC is. Hopefully they will beat each other up before they play the NEP in NO.

I think the Seahawks have a good squad, and I think every team still left in the playoffs could get to the Super Bowl. However, I'd put the Seahawks and Texans as the least likely in each conference. It's not personal with either team. It's looking at the competition and analyzing the teams as teams*:

1.) Patriots
2.) Broncos
2a.) Ravens
4.) Texans

1.) Packers
2.) 49ers
3.) Falcons
4.) Seahawks

*This isn't about comparing percentages and getting a firm number. It's just looking at the potential for each team.

What a silly post.

The Patriots have been the best team in the NFL over the course of the Belichick era. This is a Patriots board. Naturally, people here will take a Patriots-centric approach to what's going on.

And, yes, the Patriots did soften up the 49ers, just as they softened up the Texans, the Texans softened up the Patriots, the 49ers softened up the Patriots and the 49ers softened up the Seahawks. Welcome to the NFL, where top teams beat the hell out of each other and give other teams a chance to play them tougher the next week.

Last edited:
I concur. Falcons or Seahawks ... both will have a very tough time at Green Bay.

But, I think both the Patriots and Broncos would be favored in the SuperBowl if it came down to it.

You still haven't answered my question, by the way.

matty ice hasn't won a playoff game. And everytime he has made it to the playoffs he loses to the eventually superbowl representative. So if that trend remains true, the seahawks are going to the show.

When's the last time a #1 seed was only a 1 point favorite in the divisional round? The seahawks may be road favorites by kickoff.

I think you just made his point.

He hates the truth?

That's the point which makes zero sense.

Very bad grounding penalty at the end of the half.

Very bad INT while driving the ball in Q3....while under zero duress.

Very bad end zone INT while under zero duress to a very open Gronk.

Makes a difference when a team loses by 1 point.

Personally, I think your team matches up very well with the Falcons and actually think they'll win. But I have to ask: Can you lay out what adjustments they made to Washington, in detail?

Sorry for not answering earlier. This thread is moving fast. :)

My answer is: I don't know. All I can base my opinion on is the fact that they've been making good adjustments on both sides of the ball, all year long. I am not going to pretend I have the knowledge to go into detail about their defensive adjustments to stop a running game. I can only tell you from the perspective of a fan and a spectator.

With that said, someone else (maybe it was you) made a point about removing the threat of the read option and that allowing the Seahawks defense to simplify their strategy and focus purely on Morris as the sole running threat. I don't know. But, I do know that Morris was gashing our defense in the 1st quarter even on conventional rushing plays, and that slowed down a lot after being down 14-0.

I'm also not completely sold on the notion that Morris's NFC rushing title was the result of RG3. The dude's a beast regardless.

The Hawks should not even be in the playoffs and their gimmicks will not work vs. NE if they were to play for the SB on a neutral site. This is crazy. The Pats would have thrashed the Skins 40-10.

RGIII was at 60% max.

Stop this madness.

He hates the truth?

That's the point which makes zero sense.

Very bad grounding penalty at the end of the half.

Very bad INT while driving the ball in Q3....while under zero duress.

Very bad end zone INT while under zero duress to a very open Gronk.

Makes a difference when a team loses by 1 point.

Your "truth" is laced with bias. That's his point. I could sit here and point out all the mistakes the Seahawks made in that game too -- the botched punt, the Zach Miller fumble at your 30 when we were driving for a score, Earl Thomas blown coverage to allow Welker to get behind him for a TD, etc., etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes