PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle to go to the SB IMO.They are a wagon right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their D is dominant..
You mean it was. Clemons is going for an MRI. Without him they rely on Irvin? Talk about easy pickin's for the run blockers.

Also they didn't look so dominant against a healthy RGIII in the first quarter even with Clemons. Their sack numbers are in decline over the last few games.

I generally don't believe in rookie QBs either. How is a rookie going to keep up with a Brady, Manning or Rodgers on the big stage? I would not bet my farm on that.

All in all I think we haven't heard the last of the Seahawks for the next decade but this year I'll pass. I'd rather go with a proven commodity like the Packers. Hotlanta is just an enigma to me.

A little off topic but since Lynch is with the Seahawks.......the number of ex-Buffalo Bills making major contribuations around the league is amazing. Lynch, Whitner, Clements, Posluszny, Fletcher (although not a draft choice), McGahee (before the injury), Winfield (although this may have been his swan song he's been very good for a long time since leaving there). These are all starters with 2 pro bowlers and you can make a strong case for another two to make it.

Their fans must look around and think gee why can't we get players like that? :D

Last I checked, RG3 doesn't play defense. 24 unanswered points, even after giving up a goal line fumble. This game could have been out of reach in the 3rd quarter.

Also, Alfred Morris was perfectly fine. He had 50 yards in the 1st Q and 30 yards the rest of the way, and the Redskins were AHEAD most of the game well into the 4th Q, so there's no "they had to throw the ball" excuse.

Last I checked, the Redskins defense sucked (check the PPG/YPG rankings) and RG3 was pretty much the reason they were in the playoffs. You take away a team's strength and it's obviously a huge factor you simply can't ignore. You can't ignore the domino effect that losing one player has either.

Why on earth would people think that the Seahawks have a good shot at the SB?
I like Seattle. Sure, they have a shot. Let's be realistic about a rookie QB on the big stage with Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady or Peyton Manning though.

I'd say the same about the Falcons at this point except their QB has even more pressure on him than Wilson.

I like Seattle. Sure, they have a shot. Let's be realistic about a rookie QB on the big stage with Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady or Peyton Manning though.

I'd say the same about the Falcons at this point except their QB has even more pressure on him than Wilson.

Their rookie QB beat both those guys though.

I get what you're saying and you are probably right. But Russell Wilson has improved considerably, their WR's, which I though was a real weakness for them have really improved in a big way and their defense is outstanding.

This year might be a stretch, but another outstanding draft class like last year and they should go into next year as one of the favourites.

Again, you ignore the elephant in the room. Without a QB, the Redskins offense became inept and put all the pressure on the defense. Griffin was leaving all sorts of plays on the field because of his leg, and the broadcast team, while pointing out some of them, didn't point nearly all of them out.

His leg wasn't healthy last week against the Cowboys either. No doubt he left plays on the field. But to say their offense became inept entirely because of RG3 is completely discrediting the Seahawks defense and the adjustments they made after being down 14-0.

Look, pretty much every year some formerly garbage team rises up. Unfortunately, along with that team comes the worst of that team's fans. They come out acting as if their favorite team hasn't lost a game since 1930. You're one of those fans, living in the land where unicorns exist and pee champagne.

Your team got lucky yesterday: it happens. Admit it and hope for a better performance next week.

You're delusional, at best. :rolleyes:

Not much of an excuse when the Pats were making a lot of those D picks in the second round especially in the secondary over the last 6 or 7 years.. We haven't had a top 10 D in about 8 years.

Thats what I was referring to when CD was with Cinn.. saw enough highlights.
And Corey did it with 4-12 teams.

Marshawn Lynch still has made the best run I have ever seen by a running back a few years back in the playoffs. And I have been watching football since the only team you could get on TV was the the Cleveland Browns in the early 60's with Jim Brown.

the first two comments are eye rollers especially the #2. They came from 14 down on the road in front of 80K very loud fans.

The 3rd is debatable. Foster is more consistent. Lynch is stiil a one man wrecking crew when he is rolling.
I think the Pats will beat them given a second chance. Pats are a smarter team but Seattle is way more physical and and Pats just don't match up against real muscle they just don't.

You must love Seattle to provide such dumb analysis.

Having attended the game in Seattle this year, it appears that the true nature of the game must not have translated on TV.

The game was a classic example of unforced errors and "letting them hang around".

The only reason the Patriots didn't blow the Seahawks out was due to playing dumb football.

His leg wasn't healthy last week against the Cowboys either. No doubt he left plays on the field. But to say their offense became inept entirely because of RG3 is completely discrediting the Seahawks defense and the adjustments they made after being down 14-0.

Personally, I think your team matches up very well with the Falcons and actually think they'll win. But I have to ask: Can you lay out what adjustments they made to Washington, in detail?

Morris had 8 carries for 31 yards after the 1st quarter, with a long of 7 yds.
I've been on the Seahawks bandwagon since Petey got there but realistically we should all know that Morris doesn't get his effectiveness from Morris. Without the threat of the option Morris may be JAG.

Yes, I would expect the hawks to shut down some conventional running game with a relative nobody named Morris. With no threat of an option or an effective passing game this is just cake for a decent defense. Hate to say it but you gotta showcase against a real offense to get to the SB. This game was not a good sample.

If Seattle sleepwalks in the first quarter again next weekend and falls down by two scores to the Falcons,then those 'wagon wheels' are going to fall off....Matt Ryan is extremely tough to beat at home.

I actually would like to see the Packers/Seahawks,Packers revenge game in the NFCCG....There won't be any replacement refs to hand Seattle the win this time.

Last I checked, the Redskins defense sucked (check the PPG/YPG rankings) and RG3 was pretty much the reason they were in the playoffs. You take away a team's strength and it's obviously a huge factor you simply can't ignore. You can't ignore the domino effect that losing one player has either.

Seahawks struggled to put the game away even though RGIII was on one leg, completely ineffective and the C-Hawk offense seemed to be playing on a short field the entire second half.
Seattle doesn't beat DC with a healthy RGIII and they won't get by Atlanta this weekend.

You mean it was. Clemons is going for an MRI. Without him they rely on Irvin? Talk about easy pickin's for the run blockers.

Also they didn't look so dominant against a healthy RGIII in the first quarter even with Clemons. Their sack numbers are in decline over the last few games.

I generally don't believe in rookie QBs either. How is a rookie going to keep up with a Brady, Manning or Rodgers on the big stage? I would not bet my farm on that.

All in all I think we haven't heard the last of the Seahawks for the next decade but this year I'll pass. I'd rather go with a proven commodity like the Packers. Hotlanta is just an enigma to me.

One would think that, but you don't understand Seattle's defensive scheme. They don't rely on their DEs to make plays in the running game. Their primary responsibility is to hold up their blocker while the LBs and Cam Chancellor (safety) clean up. Also, Irvin is faster than Clemons, and he'll be able to chase down runners on the backside. Also, there is depth at that position. Of course, we'll miss his ability to get after the QB.

I would also be surprised to see them in the SuperBowl, let alone win it. GB or SF is a tall order in the next round, if they make it past Atlanta.

His leg wasn't healthy last week against the Cowboys either.

And, as a result, they struggled against a bad Dallas team. It took a record-level kind of game from Morris for the Redskins to win that thing. That's kind of the point, slick.

You're like every clown fan from another team that's feeling its oats for the first time in years. You're nothing different from the Broncos trolls we had a couple of days ago.

Last edited:
Personally, I think your team matches up very well with the Falcons and actually think they'll win.
And (John Bonham drum roll) their rookie QB advances to the next level without playing a team piloted by a proven champion. Now that is a stroke of luck, and I am all in favor of luck but it is going to be different going up against an Aaron Rodgers followed by a Manning or Brady on the biggest stages.

No way I'll pick the Hawks over the Packers, Broncos or Patriots but I do think they have a shot. It's a shot but not the shot I'm willing to put money on.

If Seattle sleepwalks in the first quarter again next weekend and falls down by two scores to the Falcons,then those 'wagon wheels' are going to fall off....Matt Ryan is extremely tough to beat at home.

I actually would like to see the Packers/Seahawks,Packers revenge game in the NFCCG....There won't be any replacement refs to hand Seattle the win this time.

If that happens, and the Packers get past the 49ers (which I have my doubts about) and the Seahawks get past the Falcons, I firmly believe that the Packers would SMOKE the Seahawks. Especially with Browner injured.

Seattle seems more like a freight train than a.......wagon???

Second.....I'm taking Lynch as my starting RB over AP. I just admire the fight in the guy and that Corey Dillon deja vous thing is in play. AP may hit the home runs, but Lynch's size and fight are what I want. That's just me

Seattle has been my dark horse since the Pats game and I became a true believer once I saw how calm Wilson has become rolling out of the pocket. The Pats know first hand the damage the guy can do with his ability to extend plays allowing his athletic WRs extra time to break free

I've been on the Seahawks bandwagon since Petey got there but realistically we should all know that Morris doesn't get his effectiveness from Morris. Without the threat of the option Morris may be JAG.

Yes, I would expect the hawks to shut down some conventional running game with a relative nobody named Morris. With no threat of an option or an effective passing game this is just cake for a decent defense. Hate to say it but you gotta showcase against a real offense to get to the SB. This game was not a good sample.

I think you have a point, but if you go back and look, some of the big runs Morris had in the 1st Q were toss plays to the outside. I think the read-option burned them more in the passing game, as we were continually putting 8 in the box, and guessing wrong.

Marshawn Lynch without question is the best running back in the game today.
Their D is dominant.

I think the only team that can beat them is the Pats and Brady with his A game.

For you bettors out there all the favorites won this weekend.Take all the underdogs next weekend there will be at least two upsets.

.... what?

Seriously?

Considering how the Redskins were basically steamrolling the Seahawks until RG3 reinjured his knee, I think that it's hard to project where Seattle is right now. They're a very good team, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the SB, but I don't see them as being significantly better than any of the other four remaining NFC playoff teams. I'd actually be very surprised to see Seattle get past the Packers, if that's the NFCCG matchup. Seattle's got to be rooting for the 49ers to win.

As for this weekend betting lines, my picks would be:

Denver -8.5 over Baltimore
New England -9 over Houston
Seattle +2.5 over Atlanta
Green Bay +3 over San Francisco

Last edited:
I look forward to watching the Falcons beat the Seahawks this weekend.

IF somehow Atlanta chokes at home…I really think asking Seattle to beat SF 2 out of 3 OR beating GB twice this season (the first one was a true fluke) is asking much. Based on this, I think ATL, SF, and GB all have better chances of making the Super Bowl than Seattle.
Writing this makes me appreciate just HOW GOOD the NFC is. Hopefully they will beat each other up before they play the NEP in NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back