PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle to go to the SB IMO.They are a wagon right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Falcons to beat Seattle. The Falcons are the better team IMO. I assume the Seahawks flew back to Seattle yesterday (not sure) and they have to fly out to Atlanta for a 1pm Sunday game on east coast time. That may have some affect on how well the Seahawks play. Regardless, I like Atlanta.

I was actually wondering about that, even before the game. Seems to me it would have made sense to make some plans to stay on the East Coast this week.

I was actually wondering about that, even before the game. Seems to me it would have made sense to make some plans to stay on the East Coast this week.

Apparently they flew back, according to the team twitter feed

Pete Carroll said:
We had fans waiting & cheering for us outside the airport after we landed at 1am! There's nothing like the #12s!! #GoHawks

LMAO..They came from behind 14 on the road and scored the next 24 points and should have scored 30+ save a fumble on the goal line.

Seattle put that myth to bed last night Atlanta has yet to prove anything to anybody but lose when it come to playoff football at home on the road or land and sea.

They beat a Redskins team that was too stupid to take out its injured QB. Prior to the aggravation of that injury, the Redskins were rolling the Seahawks.

I don't really care who does it and how, I want the Seahawks out.Living in Seahawks country as a Pats fan, I would like nothing more than to see the Patriots dismantle them in the SB but, if the unthinkable happened......

I've had Seattle going to the SB for months now. My big question was whether Richard Sherman would get suspended. BUT the Chris Clemons injury is a huge one, and could easily derail them, especially if they play Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay. Having to blitz more to get pressure could open up a lot of opportunities. We'll see how they do against Atlanta. I was very confident that Seattle would beat Atlanta, but the loss of Clemons could be a major factor.

That GB game was Irvin's coming out party. He also had two big plays yesterday so I think he'll compensate to some regard for Clemons.

Is it safe to say that the Seahawks had the best draft of any team last year? Irvin, Wilson, Wagner were quite a haul. And they converted a DT, drafted in the 7th round into a starting OL.

Eye rollers? Those two are facts.

#1 is beyond an eye-roller. It's just plain ignorance. The Seahawks punched their ticket into the playoffs with their 10th win, and even had they lost to the Rams in week 17, they would have still grabbed the #5 seed.

#2 ... Since you're into facts, let's take a look at some:

Foster:
351 carries 1424 yds (4.1 avg) 15 TDs
40 catches 217 yds (5.4 avg) 2 TDs

Lynch:
315 carries 1590 yds (5.0 avg) 11 TDs
23 catches 196 yds (8.5 avg) 1 TD

Stats look pretty close to me. Now tell me exactly how it's a "fact" that Foster is better?

They came back against a sub par Red Skins team. The Patriots came back against a sub par Jax team during the regular season as well. And yes if not for that call the Bears are in the playoffs right? Not the 9-win Seahawks.

WRONG! How is an 11-5 team 9-7 in your eyes? Also, you have no idea how the rest of the season would have transpired had that call been an interception. Teams react differently coming off a win vs a loss. All future events would have been altered in some way. Ever hear of the butterfly effect? Maybe we'd still have replacement refs now too. :eek:

They beat a Redskins team that was too stupid to take out its injured QB. Prior to the aggravation of that injury, the Redskins were rolling the Seahawks.

Last I checked, RG3 doesn't play defense. 24 unanswered points, even after giving up a goal line fumble. This game could have been out of reach in the 3rd quarter.

Also, Alfred Morris was perfectly fine. He had 50 yards in the 1st Q and 30 yards the rest of the way, and the Redskins were AHEAD most of the game well into the 4th Q, so there's no "they had to throw the ball" excuse.

I picked Atlanta so I don't share your view. That said, Seattle is as good a bet as any other NFC team to play in the Superbowl.

At this point literally nothing would surprise me as the final SB matchup (all of the surprises were ousted this weekend). My prediction is Denver defeating Atlanta but if you put me in a coma for the next month and told me the results I'd just shrug my shoulders and say "makes sense"

You also have to wonder why the Redskins didn't give Morris more carries, especially when it was apparent to everyone that RG III was hobbling.

Last edited:
Last I checked, RG3 doesn't play defense. 24 unanswered points, even after giving up a goal line fumble. This game could have been out of reach in the 3rd quarter.

Also, Alfred Morris was perfectly fine. He had 50 yards in the 1st Q and 30 yards the rest of the way, and the Redskins were AHEAD most of the game well into the 4th Q, so there's no "they had to throw the ball" excuse.

Last I checked, the reason the Seahawks were getting the ball so much was that the Redskins offense was no longer getting the job done. The announcers were pointing out, time and again, plays that were lost for the Redskins because Griffin was injured.

But you go ahead and keep pretending that didn't happen.

Last edited:
You also have to wonder why the Redskins didn't give Morris more carries, especially when it was apparent to everyone that RG III was hobbling.

Shanahan is desperate to be relevant again, and I think that blinded him to a lot of things yesterday.

That GB game was Irvin's coming out party. He also had two big plays yesterday so I think he'll compensate to some regard for Clemons.

Is it safe to say that the Seahawks had the best draft of any team last year? Irvin, Wilson, Wagner were quite a haul. And they converted a DT, drafted in the 7th round into a starting OL.

It was the replaement refs coming out party too.

(Some might say the Pats-Ravens game was their coming out party, and that is true too.)

This team beats up on a one legged RG3 after getting drummed 14-0 before he gets his already gimped leg hurt even worse and suddenly they're Superbowl bound? The only team's pass defense as atrocious as ours prior to the Talib trade was perhaps the Redskins- they hold the Seahawks to the same score until midway into the 4th and you're telling me Seattle is automatically Superbowl bound?

Please.

Two reasons.

#1 - Seahawks dominated time of posession after the 1st quarter.
#2 - Seahawks made good adjustments on the run defense. Morris had 8 carries for 31 yards after the 1st quarter, with a long of 7 yds.

Last I checked, the reason the Seahawks were getting the ball so much was that the Redskins offense was no longer getting the job done. The announcers were pointing out, time and again, plays that were lost for the Redskins because Griffin was injured.

But you go ahead and keep pretending that didn't happen.

I will, as long as you go ahead and keep pretending that the Seahawks defensive adjustments had NOTHING to do with it, and that the Seahawks offense was sustaining drives. If the Redskins defense holds up, this would've been a back & forth punt fest, right?

This team beats up on a one legged RG3 after getting drummed 14-0 before he gets his already gimped leg hurt even worse and suddenly they're Superbowl bound? The only team's pass defense as atrocious as ours prior to the Talib trade was perhaps the Redskins- they hold the Seahawks to the same score until midway into the 4th and you're telling me Seattle is automatically Superbowl bound?

Please.

Can't just look at season-end numbers. The redskins defense has been MUCH better in the 2nd half of the season. In their 7-game winning streak, they allowed only 20 points per game. Not too bad.

Please.

Let's see. They averaged 50 pts per game for three of their last four games. They've beaten NE, SF and GB already this season. They rank 2nd in terms of total defense (YPG), first in passing defense and third in rushing defense and only one team left in the playoffs has a higher turnover differential.

Why on earth would people think that the Seahawks have a good shot at the SB? :)

I will, as long as you go ahead and keep pretending that the Seahawks defensive adjustments had NOTHING to do with it, and that the Seahawks offense was sustaining drives. If the Redskins defense holds up, this would've been a back & forth punt fest, right?

Again, you ignore the elephant in the room. Without a QB, the Redskins offense became inept and put all the pressure on the defense. Griffin was leaving all sorts of plays on the field because of his leg, and the broadcast team, while pointing out some of them, didn't point nearly all of them out.

Look, pretty much every year some formerly garbage team rises up. Unfortunately, along with that team comes the worst of that team's fans. They come out acting as if their favorite team hasn't lost a game since 1930. You're one of those fans, living in the land where unicorns exist and pee champagne.

Your team got lucky yesterday: it happens. Admit it and hope for a better performance next week.

Last edited:
I would prefer that they get knocked off before the super bowl, for sure. They have an incredible amount of team speed and athleticism on both sides of the ball, and are a confident (overconfident?) bunch that would seem unlikely to back down from a challenge.

If Clemons is done, it does hurt their pass rush a lot, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back