PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle Seahawks trade WR Percy Harvin to the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still doesn't take away the fact that he showed great ability when given the chance.
Talented, perhaps 5% of the time. But he was/is a total Headcase 100% of the time. Perfect Jet; and out does Ras_I who was always injured, but talented and a good team mate.

Yeah , letsact like Randy Moss. Albert Haynesworth, Darrelle Revis, Ochocinco never happened.
Moss, Revis and even Ochocinco who was done, were/are NOT headcases. Haynesworth was just lazy, and reverted to form.

Cool. He'll make some nice plays, get some highlights attention, be on good behavior for a few weeks, compel to Jets to sign him at the end of the year, up the compensation to Seattle to the fourth-rounder, then revert to form next year. Might even help the Jets win a few extra games that do nothing but lower their pick in the draft.

Interesting, the Jets had to release WR David Nelson. I know Belichick had him in for a visit right before the Jets signed him last year. I thought he looked good for the Jets when he was on the field (injury problem this year).. He's a big target with good hands. I wonder if BB would be interested. I doubt it because we already have a lot of receivers, but it could be a good signing.

Moss, Revis and even Ochocinco who was done, were/are NOT headcases. Haynesworth was just lazy, and reverted to form.

There's degrees of headcases, assholes, and locker room cancers though. Some guys are just characters, in good or bad ways, and some just have legitimate qualms.

Moss is kind of a character (sometimes bizarrely emotional introvert) and Revis had legitimate qualms regarding his contract, but Ochocinco (and Corey Dillon, etc.) moved from character to bad guy when he hit his girlfriend, and Haynesworth was just a locker room cancer along the lines of Adalius Thomas.

Harvin seems like a ****storm blend of the last two categories. He's not a character or someone with legitimate qualms. Instead, he's a locker room cancer whose issues with the team aren't just bad attitude type stuff like Haynesworth, but actual violence against the teammates with whom he should be closest. And not fiery Rodney Harrison fighting Kevin Faulk in practice kind of stuff, but criminal assault on teammates in hotel rooms and locker rooms.

Interesting, the Jets had to release WR David Nelson. I know Belichick had him in for a visit right before the Jets signed him last year. I thought he looked good for the Jets when he was on the field (injury problem this year).. He's a big target with good hands. I wonder if BB would be interested. I doubt it because we already have a lot of receivers, but it could be a good signing.

I like Nelson a lot but I think he's similar to Tyms in build and skillset, and that's whom he'd push off the roster - and he would command a veteran minimum versus a rookie deal.

Considering how meh the Jets' WR corps were if Nelson isn't getting a lot of production I'm not sure how much he'd do here. I'd prefer to see his snaps go to Tyms/Dobson at this pont.

Still, Kerley, Decker and Harvin is a pretty dynamic group. I don't think Geno's the QB to take full use of them, though. I was impressed by the guy to start the year last year but since then his poor ball protection and overall streakiness has soured me on his potential.

I assume you'd cut Tyms to free up a WR spot?

Two thoughts:

1)Enough has come out about Harvin's locker room (punching out teammates) and sideline (refusing to enter the game last week) problems to make it pretty clear why Seattle was willing to cut its losses and unload him on the fools in New Jersey for a tackling dummy and a bag of balls.

2) Karma is definitely a *****, Percy; your behavior got your dumb ass sent from a team that is not only the reigning SB Champion and a legitimate pick to get back to the big game this year but is also one of the classiest organizations in the NFL to Woody Johnson's Clown Circus that's 1--6 and going nowhere, this year, next year or anytime in the foreseeable future. Enjoy the flight! I hope Woody sent the jet with the padded walls.

Last edited:
Adam Schefter reports that Seattle offered Harvin to Denver for Julius Thomas, per PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-a-harvin-for-julius-thomas-trade-to-denver/

LOL. Why would Denver trade Thomas (9 TDs, and still on his rookie deal) for an overpriced head case with limited productivity this year? Nice try.

According to PFT, Schefter also claims that Seattle had discussions with TB and Cleveland. Harvin for Josh Gordon? Harvin for Jordan Cameron? Harvin for Vincent Jackson? Who knows. Sounds like the Jets were the only ones interested, and at a relatively low price.

LOL. Why would Denver trade Thomas (9 TDs, and still on his rookie deal) for an overpriced head case with limited productivity this year? Nice try.

Throw in 4 7th round picks and that would totally work (in Madden).

In addition, Harvin has a pretty lengthy history of injury issues, including recurring migraines and ankle issues. The only WR in the NFL more fragile might be Danny Amendola.

Its because of his lightning speed, he would make Al Davis cream his pants

He runs like a 4.42 doesn't he? Dobson supposedly runs even faster

Adam Schefter reports that Seattle offered Harvin to Denver for Julius Thomas, per PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-a-harvin-for-julius-thomas-trade-to-denver/

According to PFT, Schefter also claims that Seattle had discussions with TB and Cleveland. Harvin for Josh Gordon? Harvin for Jordan Cameron? Harvin for Vincent Jackson? Who knows. Sounds like the Jets were the only ones interested, and at a relatively low price.

Jay Glazer is saying on Fox right now that the Seahawks reached out to Cleveland trying to trade Harvin for Jordan Cameron. Also says that if they couldn't trade Harvin, they would have cut him.

Peyton Manning with Percy Harvin, Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Emanuel Sanders would be very scary.

Let's have a moment of silence for all the bandwagon Seahawks fans who are now stuck with their Harvin jersey, lol...

Peyton Manning with Percy Harvin, Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Emanuel Sanders would be very scary.

If the Donkeys traded JT for Harvin that would be foolish ...

We know first hand the importance of what a dominant TE can do. Julius Thomas falls into the same category as Gronk and Graham.

If the Donkeys traded JT for Harvin that would be foolish ...

We know first hand the importance of what a dominant TE can do. Julius Thomas falls into the same category as Gronk and Graham.

Honest question. Can Julius Thomas block?

Steve Smith is famous for fighting his teammates. BB wanted to bring him in this year. And teammates going at it with teammates happens all the time.

Two really good points.

However, I think it depends on the context of the fighting. Steve Smith has the reputation of being ultra-competive (as well as a genuinely tough dude) who would run through a wall to win.

We don't know the circumstances of Harvin's fights, but he hardly has the reputation as a tough, ultra-competitive win-at-all-costs type.

Plus, Harvin is reputed to have taken himself out of the game and then refused to go back in when the coaches asked him to last Sunday (and perhaps not-so-coincidently he was traded 5 days later). Can you imagine an ultra-competitive warrior like Steve Smith doing something like that? o_O

This is true, but Steve Smith is also a guy I'd be much more willing to put up with because he is fiercely loyal and fiercely intense. He plays through almost anything and plays each play as if his very life depends on it. Percy is more of the classic prima donna, always hurt, doesn't block, pouts. He's an excellent talent, but his overall package makes him much more volatile than someone like Smith or Edelman (who loves to fight in training camp) in my opinion.

I cannot imagine a scenario where Smith or Edelman would take themselves out of a game that they were healthy enough to play in. Smith is next level crazy though---he broke Ken Lucas' nose in training camp because he was offended that he had gotteb a nose job. Thought it wasn't manly or something, committed essentially a hate crime. I would still take him over Harvin without blinking.

I didn't see this when I posted.

You said it better, I should have just said: "THIS". :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill