PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle Seahawks - Denver Broncos Super Bowl Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's that stat?....the last nine # 1 defenses to play in the Super Bowl have won it?...is it 9 out of 11? I like Seattle in this game. I think they knock Welker out, and knock Manning off his spot. Otherwise they're in for a long day.

All sounds good to me.

From what I've seen of the Broncos, Decker and Julius Thomas are the real keys for Manning. When Decker gets open on those seam routes and JThomas is working his lesser-Gronk routes, that seems to be when the Denver O is clicking. So I'll be watching early to see how The Legion accounts for those two.

Seattle plays aggressive man. I believe they want to hit Decker hard off the LOS. Have you watched any of the Seahawks D backfield clips? They play like glue.The two keys to me are the availability of Welker all game and Manning staying on his spot. There's not much to go on as far as Manning getting stymied this season but when he has, it's been because he was was hit in the pocket or forced to move out of the pocket. Same old story in these games. The Giants showed a viable blueprint and the defensive stats favor the #1 D in the Super Bowl, as has been pointed out.

Not much attention being paid to the Denver running attack with Moreno. He's another big key IMO. No Moreno, no win.

The clear path to a Denver victory is jumping out to a big lead. I do not like Wilson in a comeback position without a Lynch to set up play action.,

I am reading my morning paper over gruel, and there is Jim Donaldson in all of his demented, senile glory... saying something about how after the Superbowl Richard Sherman can join Dennis Rodman in Pyongyang...

Jim Donaldson: What to watch for in Super Bowl XLVIII | Jim Donaldson - Writers | Providence Journal

Carroll is the anti-Bill Belichick, the dour personality who replaced him as coach of the Patriots in 2000, even though Pete never finished under .500 in his three seasons in New England.

Pete is upbeat and unconventional. His team practices to the rap music of Seattle’s own, four-time Grammy-winning rapper, Macklemore.

Carroll smiles more in a day than Belichick does in a season. Not surprisingly, Carroll finished first — and well ahead of Belichick — in a poll of NFL players who were asked which coach they’d most like to play for.

It is all so f..ing painful to read..

I am reading my morning paper over gruel, and there is Jim Donaldson in all of his demented, senile glory... saying something about how after the Superbowl Richard Sherman can join Dennis Rodman in Pyongyang...

Jim Donaldson: What to watch for in Super Bowl XLVIII | Jim Donaldson - Writers | Providence Journal

It is all so f..ing painful to read..
And if your not working hard enough in practice pete will spray you down so it looks like you did. I like pete carroll, i think hes a good coach but theres no way hes better than BB. Donaldson should retire hes embarrassing himself. I guess if your pumped and jacked and look like this your the next Vince Lombardy

6a00d8345305a169e20147e22d138d970b-800wi

I want to put some cash on SEA for this game but have a feeling DEN will win much like my feeling about BAL winning last year.

Maybe I'll just take SEA +3.

I want both teams to lose. I can't stand horseface or Sherman. I guess that the best way is for Sherman to get burned a couple of times by Manning, but the Seahawks win with the ground game of Lynch..

I want Seattle to win, but we could see the refs screwing Seattle again in the SB.

I haven't watched any SB coverage

I haven't watched any SB coverage

Since the loss a few weeks ago my football has been limited to the forums and the bi-weekly PFW radio shows, don't care to watch anything else leading up to kickoff.

I can't even bring myself to play Madden on the PS4, lol...

Seattle plays aggressive man. I believe they want to hit Decker hard off the LOS. Have you watched any of the Seahawks D backfield clips? They play like glue.The two keys to me are the availability of Welker all game and Manning staying on his spot. There's not much to go on as far as Manning getting stymied this season but when he has, it's been because he was was hit in the pocket or forced to move out of the pocket. Same old story in these games. The Giants showed a viable blueprint and the defensive stats favor the #1 D in the Super Bowl, as has been pointed out.

Not much attention being paid to the Denver running attack with Moreno. He's another big key IMO. No Moreno, no win.

The clear path to a Denver victory is jumping out to a big lead. I do not like Wilson in a comeback position without a Lynch to set up play action.,

I dont know, seattle's D can be had. SF moved the ball well on them until the last INT. Houston of all teams were manhandling them until schaub showed up. And this is the same defene as last yr when ATL torched them in the playoffs. Seattle had some tough games at home which it couldve lost - e.g tenn if for better QB play.
Seattle's best chance is some fumbles/INT and manning have an off day.Their offense is very mediocre at best. Thats why I was rooting for SF in the NFCCG.they wouldve steamrolled denver.

I love Super Bowl Sunday.
Why? One would think it brings back plenty of horrific memories and abject depression for you in particular.

I dont know, seattle's D can be had. SF moved the ball well on them until the last INT. Houston of all teams were manhandling them until schaub showed up. And this is the same defene as last yr when ATL torched them in the playoffs. Seattle had some tough games at home which it couldve lost - e.g tenn if for better QB play.
Seattle's best chance is some fumbles/INT and manning have an off day.Their offense is very mediocre at best. Thats why I was rooting for SF in the NFCCG.they wouldve steamrolled denver.

Their offense certainly struggled the last few weeks, but overall it's a solid unit. 9th in PPG and 17th in yards. Let's hope they turn it on tonight.

I caution people not to watch ESPN right now. Turned it on for maybe five minutes and it was the equivalent of them unzipping Manning's pants and deep throating him.

I think the 2 best teams in the NFL this year are/were San Fran and Seattle.
I had not seen a Seattle game this year until the Conference Championship. At kick off I expected the 49ers to win. That Seattle beat a very good team that had hit its stride at the right time and was playing excellent football, shows us how good they really are.
What I saw during that game was two defenses that were so far advanced of anything I had seen in the AFC all year. There is nothing even close in the AFC that compares to either of those two defenses in terms of speed, size and athleticism.
Defense still wins championships, in spite of Goddell screwing with the game.
The Broncos lose.

I caution people not to watch ESPN right now. Turned it on for maybe five minutes and it was the equivalent of them unzipping Manning's pants and deep throating him.

How awesome would it be able to say at 10pm tonight:

11-12 playoff record
1-2 superbowl record, Peyton Manning

Same with any sports talk, on TV, radio, online, any forum etc.

People are going out of their way to praise Manning and hate on Brady, it is non stop too.

Your first mistake was turning it on...second mistake was watching for more then 30 seconds :D

Last year i was much more excited for the SB even with the pats loss to the ravens. This year? I really couldn't careless. This match up isn't fun for me. Not becasue we lost to the broncos...it just...doesn't seem that interesting to me. I liked the SF-Balt match up.

Why? One would think it brings back plenty of horrific memories and abject depression for you in particular.

LOL, and here it comes...

I don't generally get depressed about football games that happened decades ago...I guess I'm not really that type fella. And I got plenty of present-day horror to contend with, mainly each time I come to this board.

I like the sport and therefore enjoy the game. Gonna have a good time.

But remember...

Beware of the Forehead today. He'll eat your lunch.

Is it over yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back