PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle scouting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was one of the harder games in the pre-season.

I'm not overlooking a game at Qwest Field (the loudest in football) against a seasoned QB like Hasselbeck. We will be challenged. I think we can win, but remember that Seattle has played a couple of 7-5 teams (AZ, Wash) very close at home w/ Hasselbeck back in the lineup.

Seattle is coming off a Thursday night game that gives the team a 10 day break between games. Teams that have played a Thursday game this season have a 7-1 win-loss record the following week. Pats just lost to one team that was coming off a mini-bye and have two consecutive opponents with 10-day breaks so the next two weeks may be tougher than it appears at first.

Seattle is awful. You think our pass defense is bad ? Seattle's passer rating against is second worst in the league only beating out Detroit. They're also 3rd worst in yards per attempt against the pass. I don't care how loud their crowd is, we had better win this one going away is we're going to say the "P" word.
Seattle had these scores in three successive weeks in November:

@ Miami L 19-21 Nov 9

Arizona L 20-26 Nov 16

Washington L 17-20 Nov 23

Not exactly rolling over like the Rams and Lions have in most of their games. Their stadium is problematic too, being extremely loud (as you say) and the forecast is for showers and 40s temperatures. Hope Cassel does better in the Seattle weather than he did at Foxboro. Being devil's advocate, some, but this game is no gimme.

Being devil's advocate, some, but this game is no gimme.
It depends on your perspective. From an absolute standpoint, you're right - it isn't. But if we think we are a potential playoff team then it had better be. This isn't a game a playoff team just eeks out.

It depends on your perspective. From an absolute standpoint, you're right - it isn't. But if we think we are a potential playoff team then it had better be. This isn't a game a playoff team just eeks out.
So, your prediction is more what the Pats better do than an objective prediction for the game. Just for grins, odds right now are Pats 4.5 to 5.5 favorites, at least in the minds of the gambling czars at the site below. Jets, by comparison, are just 3.5 to 4 point faves at SFO. These two games are at the same time and I get to watch the Jets in glorious HD or the Pats via JustinTV. :confused:

NFL odds, lines & point spreads - Compare NFL betting odds and gambling lines for multiple Sports Books

So, your prediction is more what the Pats better do than an objective prediction for the game. Just for grins, odds right now are Pats 4.5 to 5.5 favorites, at least in the minds of the gambling czars at the site below. Jets, by comparison, are just 3.5 to 4 point faves at SFO. These two games are at the same time and I get to watch the Jets in glorious HD or the Pats via JustinTV. :confused:
Mine wasn't so much of a prediction as a commentary on how I'll feel about the Patriots after the game. If we win on a last second FG I'll be happy but highly dubious that we belong anywhere near the playoffs.

Reagarding Seattle and SF, although Seattle won easily in their most recent game, SF is playing competitively since the coaching change (for the most part, although Dallas took it to them) and I could see them playing a good game against The Jest. I wouldn't bet on either road team with those odds but if I HAD to put money on one over the other, I would take the Patriots before I would take The Jest.

I didn't realize how banged up Seattle is this year until I happened on an article that mentions their starting centre is off to injured-reserved and their starting left guard may be on his way as well.

Not as banged up as we are on defense, but it probably partially explains their poor production on offense.

A long off-season will do them good and I'd expect to see them be contenders next year, depending what happens in the coaching department.

That said, if there's a new centre in town I'd expect to see a few inside blitzes. If it works, it might negate the tight-end without having to double cover-him.

I understand Hasselbeck is playing with an injury. I don't mind if we sack him, but I really hope he's not risking his career for his coach.

Excerpt from the article:

LB Leroy Hill has a nerve problem in his shoulder and neck area and is doubtful for Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.

Last edited:
Well BB was really talking up the Seahawks at his press conference... I guess what he's trying to say is that those guys have some talented guys on ther roster so it would be foolish to overlook them. But I find it hard to believe the hype he is giving to a 2-10 team. When your best player is an offensive lineman... what's that say about the rest of your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back