PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle Doesn't Know How to Celebrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSUPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Its pretty obvious this team hasn't won anything before when they don't even bother to give their coach a gatorade bath after winning the game to go to the Superbowl.

FSUPatsFan said:
Its pretty obvious this team hasn't won anything before when they don't even bother to give their coach a gatorade bath after winning the game to go to the Superbowl.

Perhaps they're waiting for the Super Bowl to celebrate...after all, there's one more game to go. ;)

Murphys95 said:
Perhaps they're waiting for the Super Bowl to celebrate...after all, there's one more game to go. ;)

Oh c'mon...The Pats are the Presidents of the "The Superbowl is the Only thing That Matters Club" and even they splashed Belichick after every AFC Championship game

It's Seattle, instead of Gatorade they have Starbucks coffee on the sidelines (and every other 2 feet). That can burn a coach pretty good if they dump it on his head.

Last edited:
FSUPatsFan said:
Oh c'mon...The Pats are the Presidents of the "The Superbowl is the Only thing That Matters Club" and even they splashed Belichick after every AFC Championship game

I think it's great that the fans of Seattle get to experience their team making the Super Bowl. We all have to start somewhere. I went to Super Bowls XX and XXXI and Pats fans were grossly outnumbered both times. And yeah, as fans we were green as could be in '85. Everybody's gotta start somewhere. :)

Besides, the Gatorade splash is a cliche' started by the Giants (w/Parcells).

Murphys95 said:
I think it's great that the fans of Seattle get to experience their team making the Super Bowl. We all have to start somewhere. I went to Super Bowls XX and XXXI and Pats fans were grossly outnumbered both times. And yeah, as fans we were green as could be in '85. Everybody's gotta start somewhere. :)

Besides, the Gatorade splash is a cliche' started by the Giants (w/Parcells).

Seattle to Detroit 2330miles, Pit to Detroit 300miles. Safe to say the Seahawks fans are going to get thier fill of the Terrible Towels. Sort of like the Eagles to Pats fans in Jax last year.

FSUPatsFan said:

If thats all your worried about, then you got lots of disappoints ahead for you...

Its been 30yrs and how they celebrate is taken differently to all fans of the Hawks...

I know it must suck to say anything nice about the win tonight, but don't knock us Fans for it and how we celebrate===Thats total BS, and low class of you!!!

We have to start somehow???

Last edited:
Seahawk fans/players are Super Bowl virgins - no wonder they don't know what they're doing.

seahawkspatriotschick said:
If thats all your worried about, then you got lots of disappoints ahead for you...

Its been 30yrs and how they celebrate is taken differently to all fans of the Hawks...

I know it must suck to say anything nice about the win tonight, but don't knock us Fans for it and how we celebrate===Thats total BS, and low class of you!!!

Looks like they know how to celebrate just fine! What a awsome home crowd the Hawks have! Great game tonight and hope you guys go all the way!!!

Since when did Seattle become the Cameron Indoor Stadium of the NFL? All that excitement for the freakin' conference championship. If Carolina would've won, at least the NFC would've had a shot! Be prepared for an influx of Steeler trolls after these virgins get wiped out in Detroit.

seahawkspatriotschick said:

First of all, I said nothing of the Seahawks fans. I was clearly referencing the team. Second of all, I wasn't entirely serious. Even Fox was paying more attention to when the gatorade bath was going to happen, rather than the game. Seattle is a great team. They are a lot better than what I thought they were as recently as yesterday. I, like many people, thought they were a product of a weak schedule. Today, I was proven otherwise. They have an obvious home field advantage with that 12th man over there. I just wish Gillete could be as loud as them.

FSUPatsFan said:

They did bring out a new thing of gatorade near the end of the game, for that purpose. I'm pretty sure The Walrus let it be known shortly after that it better not happen, or else...

I was watching the game at a friend's house north of Seattle, and people were out lighting off fireworks... So yeah, people were celebrating.

Na_polian said:
They did bring out a new thing of gatorade near the end of the game, for that purpose. I'm pretty sure The Walrus let it be known shortly after that it better not happen, or else...

OMG - somebody outside of Green Bay knows his nickname. :eat3:

FavreFan said:
I just told my friend this morning that "I'd rather have the Walrus than the Chin win! ;)

FavreFan said:

I got nothing but respect for the crotchety coot :p

Although, I gotta admit I DID see him smile yesterday for the first time ever I think...

Na_polian said:
I got nothing but respect for the crotchety coot :p

Although, I gotta admit I DID see him smile yesterday for the first time ever I think...

I saw that too!! LOL Seeing Holmgren with the Hawks all these yrs now, alot of fans look at him everytime to see a crack of a smile---Because he looks red and sooooo serious all the time....It was great to see the Coach actually grin and laugh too!!! LOL :)

Na_polian said:

I was watching the game at a friend's house north of Seattle, and people were out lighting off fireworks... So yeah, people were celebrating.

I've always wondered about the wisdom of hitting a middle aged, or older guy over the head with half a bathtub full of ice water or Gatorade on an already cold day. Heart attack comes to mind. Holmgren is quite a bit overweight. Andy Reid is another one. Last year when Coach Bill and his father got it, I thought that it wasn't something I'd do. Great tradition, I guess, and I hope it doesn't, but someday, something regrettable might happen.

Fanfrom1960 said:
I've always wondered about the wisdom of hitting a middle aged, or older guy over the head with half a bathtub full of ice water or Gatorade on an already cold day. Heart attack comes to mind. Holmgren is quite a bit overweight. Andy Reid is another one. Last year when Coach Bill and his father got it, I thought that it wasn't something I'd do. Great tradition, I guess, and I hope it doesn't, but someday, something regrettable might happen.
Like what happened to the great George Allen. Allen died after some players dumped a Gatorade bucket on him after a game victory. Remember the Seinfeld episode "The PEZ Dispenser".

Pats Fanatic said:
Like what happened to the great George Allen. Allen died after some players dumped a Gatorade bucket on him after a game victory. Remember the Seinfeld episode "The PEZ Dispenser".

I remember when he died, but I missed that about George. Did a search, found below. There's no stopping the Gatorade baths I guess. Comes with the territory/one of the hazards of the job.

Another Google search reveals George Allen died of pneumonia a few weeks after being doused with ice water in 1990 while coaching for Long Beach State. While not conclusively linked as contributing to the death, it certainly gives you pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back