PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle-Denver.. Who to root for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it depends which side of the coin you like?
Some want Seattle to win so we don't have to face Denver who seems to have our number but some want us to play Denver so we can finally beat them.
The bottom line is we have to play better in the playoff no matter who we play.
I'll root for Seattle tonight.

I'm rooting for seattle I dont want denver anywhere near the playoffs

You just never know. Maybe Denver gets in and beats SD then we get to host Denver instead of going to SD. Just an example but there is no way to know if Denver winning helps or hurts us. But we know a Seattle loss helps the pick.

GO BRONCOS.

Isnt our playoff position THIS SEASON more important than our draft position next season?

Since SD is in the AFC West driver's seat, I'm not concerned with actually going to Denver in January. Count me as one of those not afraid of the Broncos in the playoffs.

I'm rooting for the 'hawks.

First of all, you got Hass, a homegrown Mass-hole (from Westwood) and BC guy leading the team. Grew up a HUGE Pats fan.

Most importantly, though, I *hate* the Broncos. Have since the Elway days. The guy was a whiner, the original "too good to play for the team that drafted me" primadonna, and constantly threw his teammates under the bus. Hated the way he was coronated by the NFL media after Terrel Davis carried the Broncos to two SBs.

Then there's the Broncos' linemen's cavalier attitude towards opposing defender's knees.

And of course, there's the fact that they've beat us pretty bad the last three times we played 'em.

If Seattle wins the division the earliest they will pick will be after all the non playoff teams, that's #21.

Uncharacteristically, this is simply wrong.

All teams are ranked for the draft by wins (except for the two Super Bowl teams, the lone exceptions). If Seattle wins their division at 8-8 but doesn't make the SB they will pick before all 9-7 teams, even though some of those 9-7 teams won't make the playoffs.

Now, what is affected by their playoff status is where they pick in the group of teams with their same record. Within a group of teams tied with the same record, non-playoff teams always pick first. Among teams with the same record who are all in the playoffs, their order depends on how far they get in the playoffs. But again, unless they make the Super Bowl they will still be grouped with other teams with the same record.

You have a misconception which is common, because a team making the playoffs ahead of those with better records is so unusual. But we do want Seattle to lose since a Denver win has so little potential effect on our playoff seeding and a Seattle loss WILL give us a better draft pick, almost guaranteed.

Last edited:
Well reasoned alamo

I dont know what it is, but obviously there is some sort of psychological block...and why push the button if we dont have to.

Can we beat the Broncos, are we a better team? Probably yes, but why take the chance. The matchup just doesnt work for us, no matter what.

If you got into an elevator ten times, and it always broke down when you got in, would you get in it an eleventh time?

Of course...psychological block...the reasoning for everything :rolleyes:

If we have to play Denver in the playoffs we should just concede defeat and save ourselves the trouble :rolleyes:

To answer your question...I'll give the most logical answer. You don't go back into the elevator UNTIL you fix the obvious problem first. We don't lose to Denver because it's impossible to beat them, we just haven't "fixed the problem" and done what is needed to win. Is that tough? Absolutely. Impossible? Not on your life.

Are you guys rooting for Denver yet ? They're horrible, they're no threat to anyone win or lose.

Are you guys rooting for Denver yet ? They're horrible, they're no threat to anyone win or lose.

That's why I want them to win - and until that last drive I thought the D would protect the lead. Cutler will likely commit another horrible mistake trying to win this one. Elam isn't even a factor since he hurt his hammy on that genius fake-FG by Shanahan.

I agree. Also, I think Jake Plummer wins this game. Cutler looks awful. First game, I know, but Cutler's just bleaahhhhh.

Before the draft, the twerp said that he would honor his contract so HE was the reason we didn't know.

IF you knew, then you wouldn't have taken Maroney???

Plus, theres no way in hell we get a 1st for Branch in the offseason. The Seahawks panicked and we got a steal.

Surprisingly, tonight I have found myself somewhat rooting for Denver to win as it would make our Bolts victory next week truly meaningful and sweet.:)

well Denver falls..

Well I hope you guys are happy :rolleyes:

:bricks:

well Denver falls..

That's always nice to see I'll admit. 3 in a row and 3 straight in front of the home crowd :) Too bad they're playing bad enough to miss us in the playoffs altogether. Typical.

the pats often end up picking an unexpected player anyway, so draft position is slightly less important.

Horrible coaching by Holmgren. Guy was playing prevent offense. Poor clock management as well. The kicker bailed both Holmgren and Hasselbeck out. Brutal game by both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes