PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Season Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to selectively forget about 1994-1999. I remember several playoff apearances and a SB apearance.

I remember those seasons. The Pats went to the Super Bowl in 1996 (I went to New Orleans) and then went 10-6, 9-7 and 8-8 with Pete Carroll leading the way.

I remember those seasons. The Pats went to the Super Bowl in 1996 (I went to New Orleans) and then went 10-6, 9-7 and 8-8 with Pete Carroll leading the way.

do you remember 1-15

Those seats cost $212.75 per game. In this day and age that really isnt so much and youre inline for playoff tixs, plus a shot at SB tixs.

Heck, I spend $40.00 - $50.00 no problem watching the Pats at a Sports Bar. For a road game you'll spend $200.00 - $300.00 for a decent ticket, plus hotel, travel and car rental. $1000.00 is gone like nothing.

Those seats cost $212.75 per game. In this day and age that really isnt so much and youre inline for playoff tixs, plus a shot at SB tixs.

Heck, I spend $40.00 - $50.00 no problem watching the Pats at a Sports Bar. For a road game you'll spend $200.00 - $300.00 for a decent ticket, plus hotel, travel and car rental. $1000.00 is gone like nothing.

You don't really get a shot at SB tix anymore. I heard that 10 pairs of SB tix were given out via the season ticket lottery this year (sorry no source as I heard it back in january).

Krafts promised Luxary box and Club suite holders a ticket as part of his sales pitch for those seats....Than there are all the Coorperate people he has to take care of...

The traffic situation is a direct result of New England not being able to build a freaking stadium in the area all during the 60's - that is why Foxboro happened, it was the only place that would allow a stadium to be built in the first place. that was the first save.

When Sullivan could no longer afford the club, we went through a few owners that came really close to losing this club outright - until Kraft came along and snatched at the last minute from Orthwein & St Louis. Then, the guy tried to build the stadium in an area that would be easier to get in and out of - like Southie, but of course the wonderful Boston politicians killed that and that is when Kraft made his deal with CT. He could not go through with it and kept them in Foxboro (he gave up a much better deal in Hartford by the way).

Take a good look at LA and then come to your senses and thank they guy for saving the franchise.

I am a pro-Kraft fan as well, though I'm not a season ticket holder. I just wanted to dispute your claim that Southie would be easier to get in and out of. I live there and I think that unless the stadium brough major infrastructure changes (plausible) then we'd be looking at a situation where far fewer people would drive to the games to tailgate. If you tried to get ~25-40K cars into Southie for a game, especially a Monday Night game, the evening commute home + football traffic would be unspeakable.

As I hinted at above, it is plausible that Southie could've been ok for an urban football stadium, just not as it is currently constituted, in my opinion.

A "dentists convention" of some sort in the Southie convention center screwed up traffic for an entire morning on the Pike Eastbound, I bet there were fewer than 70k dentists going there, lol.

My favorite Patriot's stadium rumor was the one that had it located in Portsmouth, NH. Pease Trade Center would've been a pretty solid location.

I am a pro-Kraft fan as well, though I'm not a season ticket holder. I just wanted to dispute your claim that Southie would be easier to get in and out of. I live there and I think that unless the stadium brought major infrastructure changes (plausible) then we'd be looking at a situation where far fewer people would drive to the games to tailgate. If you tried to get ~25-40K cars into Southie for a game, especially a Monday Night game, the evening commute home + football traffic would be unspeakable.

As I hinted at above, it is plausible that Southie could've been ok for an urban football stadium, just not as it is currently constituted, in my opinion.

A "dentists convention" of some sort in the Southie convention center screwed up traffic for an entire morning on the Pike Eastbound, I bet there were fewer than 70k dentists going there, lol.

My favorite Patriot's stadium rumor was the one that had it located in Portsmouth, NH. Pease Trade Center would've been a pretty solid location.

Your right, although still probably better than Foxboro - and Southie has the "T".

I remember stadiums being proposed throughout the years at:

South Boston, Revere/Suffolk Downs/ Rockingham Park/Providence/Hartford/Readville/Boston- waterfront, Fenway, West Roxbury/Cambridge/Alston/Dorcheseter/Hopkington to go along with Portsmouth.

What people fail to realize is that nobody wanted the stadium in their backyard, nobody wanted to pay for it, taxpayer money was not going to happen, most politicians would say they were for the Pats but could not justify using any taxpayer money to fund it for any reason during these tough economic times (those times were from 1966-1971, when Billy Sullivan spent his 6MM to build Schaefer and then again in 2001, when Kraft finally spent his own money).

You don't really get a shot at SB tix anymore. I heard that 10 pairs of SB tix were given out via the season ticket lottery this year (sorry no source as I heard it back in january).

Krafts promised Luxary box and Club suite holders a ticket as part of his sales pitch for those seats....Than there are all the Coorperate people he has to take care of...

I don't believe the 10 pairs of tickets at all. I won tickets to the Eagles/Pats Super Bowl in the lottery. I also know other season ticket holders around me who have won as well.

It's a lottery for goodness sakes. We all know I'm not a big fan of Kraft but he has nothing to do with that.

Club and Luxury Box people pay huge bucks. Part of that is a good chance for Super Bowl tickets.

I don't believe the 10 pairs of tickets at all. I won tickets to the Eagles/Pats Super Bowl in the lottery. I also know other season ticket holders around me who have won as well.

It's a lottery for goodness sakes. We all know I'm not a big fan of Kraft but he has nothing to do with that.

Club and Luxury Box people pay huge bucks. Part of that is a good chance for Super Bowl tickets.

There is nothing left to chance if you own premium seats....no lottery for them.

My understanding is:

Luxury box holders are guaranteed SB tickets.

Club seat people get one SB ticket for every two club seats owned.

All other ST holders are in a seniority based lottery and there are very few tickets available for us. 10 pairs sounds about right.

Kraft came up with a better offer than Laurie back in 1993 as he owned the Stadium.

Are you forgetting about Kraft having a deal to move the team to Hartford and his decision to hire Pete Carroll?

The success of the Patriots boils down to two men: Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

You preferred the aluminum benches, huh?

Your right, although still probably better than Foxboro - and Southie has the "T".
I would have been all for that. Much easier to get in and out of. Although, it would have pretty much killed tailgating as we know it. I've been to Qwest Field in Seattle and that is in downtown Seattle. The pregame festivities there has more of a Red Sox/Landsdowne Street feel to it than what we are used to.

The Krafts are ripping people off at this point.

Why is that Kraft has nothing to do with his orginization promising SB Tickets to Suite and Luxary Box owners?

Don't get me wrong Kraft can use what ever he has to to try and sell his seats.

Why is that you dis like Kraft in the first place?

I've been in India for 2 days. I can't believe this discussion is still going on. I logged on expecting to see that we've signed Takeo and Pacman.

I have to answer you honestly. And you would be surprised. The answer is YES, no question, no doubt, nothing to think about.

I am a FOOTBALL fan. I am not going to the opera. We had a kinship that you cannot explain. We were wild and crazy fans watching usually a bunch of bums, but darn we had fun.

Show up at 9:30 or so, eat, drink talk in the lot. Watch some football in a REAL football stadium, and we got out pretty darn good considering today.

Yes, the answer without one question or thought.

How I wish we could have that again.

I preferred our seats in the old stadium, but as a Foxboro resident I wouldn't give anything up for the access road. We get to the stadium an hour early get great parking and are home for BBs press conference (usually).

I love the new stadium too.

But we had some really cool seats at the old stadium. They are pretty much the same general area as we are now. 30-35 yard line visitors side about 30 rows back(prolly more than 30 in the old stadium). Except the 30 rows back in the new stadium puts us towards the back of the 100 section(which is fine as it provides good sitelines to the opposite side of the field). In the old Stadium we were the first row in the 200 sections, which meant we got a cement wall in front of us, which was awsome...a nice place to hang the extra cold gear and a spot to lean(when we were little we brought milk crates in to see over the wall until they banned them than dads leg got tired).

In the end I love Gillette and I really love the access road. In the few years Gillette has been open it has had much better memories so I would not trade anything. And I consider myself the most fortunate Football fan in the word. Born with season tickets in the family, All Patriot SBs have happened since my birth granted I was 3 for the first one, great seats at the old stadium, great seats at the new stadium, access road, Belichick, Brady, Kraft, 3 SB titles, I haven't missed a game at Gillette, been to 4 SBs (3 wins), wore a SB ring, Met Belichick, and I am sure I am leaving plenty out.

I have to answer you honestly. And you would be surprised. The answer is YES, no question, no doubt, nothing to think about.

I am a FOOTBALL fan. I am not going to the opera. We had a kinship that you cannot explain. We were wild and crazy fans watching usually a bunch of bums, but darn we had fun.

Show up at 9:30 or so, eat, drink talk in the lot. Watch some football in a REAL football stadium, and we got out pretty darn good considering today.

Yes, the answer without one question or thought.

How I wish we could have that again.

I'm sure you're not alone. I bet being at games then felt more like being at a personal private club, too. I went to a couple games there when I was young, and I just remember it being unruly.

I'm sure you're not alone. I bet being at games then felt more like being at a personal private club, too. I went to a couple games there when I was young, and I just remember it being unruly.

I guess that is a nice comment, then a negative.

I never got in a fight, or even close to one in the old stadium. I never swore, but I have to admit I do in private. And yes, we had a closeness that you do not find in the new stadium. I assure you there is nothing wrong with that.

I sat on the benches from about 1973 until around 1990 when I got a "real seat". You do realize they were available in the old stadium. But it took me a long time to get those seats.

I sat next to an older guy that was worst than me -- as a fan. When he moved to Philadelphia he still came to many of the games. I appreciate every moment I had with him. He didn't show up one day, I found out he had died. A Patriot fan, die-hard to the core. I loved that guy.

So, in answer to your negative thoughts, we had REAL fans. Fans that did not care if we lost or not. Not some corporate fan that was just looking for something to do for that day.

So, rethink your thoughts. Times were different and will never be the same.

Kind of sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes