PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Season is far from over

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing people are forgetting if the Miami Dolphins win out like us....They get the Wild Card. They have three conference games left to play and would get in ahead of us on that alone...granted if they win out.

Miami remaining Scehdule.

MIA @ BUF

SF 49ers @ MIA

MIA @ KC

MIA @ NY

I don't expect Miami to lose to Buf - SF 49ers and KC. The thought of depending of the Jets to win a game to save our Asses just make me want to puke. The stars have to aligned for the Pats they need too much help. Two bad we blew a couple games along the way.

The problem with this team isn't Brady. With Brady, we're proably one win better with a severely flawed defense. The coaching has got to improve. Bill has used a soft scheme the last 3 years and its gotten worse every year. He needs to change that. He needs to get the proper horses. Pees needs to go. The guy has no balls in his play calling. Just soft, ineffective defense. Brady can come back and be as good as 2007 next year. It will mean nothing until this defense gets better.

Brady doesn't throw a crucial pick in Dolphin's territory thus changing the whole swing of the game.

Brady hits open the wide open Randy Moss @ San Diego and scores at the 1 yard line, as Cassel didn't.

Brady puts up more than 15 points against the Colts defense, as Cassel didn't.

A Brady led Pats does not fall behind 18 points to the Jets at home.

Brady doesn't have 4 turnovers against the Steelers.

There is no way you can tell me that with Brady, we are just 1-4 in those games instead of 0-5.

One thing people are forgetting if the Miami Dolphins win out like us....They get the Wild Card. They have three conference games left to play and would get in ahead of us on that alone...granted if they win out.

MIA @ BUF

SF 49ers @ MIA

MIA @ KC

MIA @ NY

I don't expect Miami to lose to Buf - SF 49ers and KC. The thought of depending of the Jets to win a game to save our Asses just make me want to puke. The stars have to aligned for the Pats they need too much help. Two bad we blew a couple games along the way.
if they win out then all 3 teams are 11-5,then they win the division i think , pats the WC and jets out..i maybe wrong

MIA @ BUF

SF 49ers @ MIA

MIA @ KC

MIA @ NY

If Miami wins out, they win the division.

They don't get the wild card.

If Miami and New England win out, then New England gets the wild card over the Jets, and would need a couple Ravens losses to get the wild card.

Our best bet is that we win out, and either the Bills or Phins beat the Jets. That, coupled with one Miami loss, gives the Patriots the division championship.

That's what I'm hoping for at this point.

Denver 85

I think there was another, but ...

I looked quickly, but I couldn't find another. As far as I could see, the 85 Broncos are the only 11--5 team to miss the Playoffs, though there have been quite a few left out at 10--6.

How can fellow Pats fan say "whats the point of making it to the playoffs, we'll be one and done" is beyond me. This is the NFL! ANYTHING is possible. (take note of last years SB)

I'll repeat it. Whats the point in making it to the playoffs, we'll be one and done. The goal is to win the Super Bowl and it ain't gonna happen.

I'll repeat it. Whats the point in making it to the playoffs, we'll be one and done. The goal is to win the Super Bowl and it ain't gonna happen.

Apparently you have lost all faith in our team. What kind of fan are you?

Looks like a fan that has no faith, and would rather see us be picking 5 spots higher in the draft then making a run.

miami sucks at pass defense and 3 out their 4 opponents can throw the ball.

the jets also suck at pass defense, and 3 out of their 4 opponents have an average to good pass offense, and run offense.

Iam so rooting for buffalo, beacause they play both the jets and the dolphins, and I think they can beat the jets or dolphins, the bills did have that big streak early in the season.

the next 2 weeks will be important, because buffalo plays the dolphins next week and the Jets the week after.

You really think the 2008 NEP can win three playoff games on the road? I wish I could think that, but everything I have seen this season tells me "Nope, not gonna happen."

Realistically, I will consider this season a success if the Pats make the playoffs and bounce the Jets in Round 1. Anything after that would be gravy. :)

The next 4 weeks will be interesting.. I think we need to hope Buffalo to beat Miami, SF maybee to upset the jets and the Redskins to beat the Ravens.. We also have to win .. My goal is to win the division , and we will see what happens in the playoffs.. We could do it , another loss the season is just about over.. Espically if they lose any of these 2 clunkers...

Miami needs to slip up somewhere, because I dont want the jets beating the dolphins for us to make the playoffs..

I want this team to make the playoffs, and a division title.. lets see what happens..

You really think the 2008 NEP can win three playoff games on the road? I wish I could think that, but everything I have seen this season tells me "Nope, not gonna happen."

Realistically, I will consider this season a success if the Pats make the playoffs and bounce the Jets in Round 1. Anything after that would be gravy. :)

I have faith in our team to play the best they can. If we can win out the rest of the games, and hope that everything else plays out....I am just hoping for the best run possible.

But I do agree....I hope we can kill the jest hopes.....

The next 4 weeks will be interesting.. I think we need to hope Buffalo to beat Miami, SF maybee to upset the jets and the Redskins to beat the Ravens.. We also have to win .. My goal is to win the division , and we will see what happens in the playoffs.. We could do it , another loss the season is just about over.. Espically if they lose any of these 2 clunkers...

Miami needs to slip up somewhere, because I dont want the jets beating the dolphins for us to make the playoffs..

I want this team to make the playoffs, and a division title.. lets see what happens..

You know, Madden might be past his prime and full of cliched aphorisms, but one of the very true things he says -- and he points it out just about the end of every year when going over playoff scenarios -- that the teams that need to look at the schedule and have to say "well we need so-and-so to lose year, and if so-and-so loses here, then we're in"; usually, those teams don't do much in the playoffs. And he's right.

I don't want to raise my hope so high because i don't want to be disappointed.

The team we are fighting with, THE BALTIMORE RAVENS schedule is....

Washington
Pittsburgh
Dallas
Jacksonville

Ours....

Seattle
Oakland
Arizona
Buffalo

My guess... Baltimore finishes 10-6. New England finishes 11-5

and then there is miami

Brady doesn't throw a crucial pick in Dolphin's territory thus changing the whole swing of the game.

Brady hits open the wide open Randy Moss @ San Diego and scores at the 1 yard line, as Cassel didn't.

Brady puts up more than 15 points against the Colts defense, as Cassel didn't.

A Brady led Pats does not fall behind 18 points to the Jets at home.

Brady doesn't have 4 turnovers against the Steelers.

There is no way you can tell me that with Brady, we are just 1-4 in those games instead of 0-5.

Brady doesn't play defense against the chargers.

Brady doesn't make a game stop. They could have prevented the Colts at least once from taking the lead or tieing the game, again they failed. With Brady it probably would've been a shoot out for both teams.

Brady doesn't play run defense against the dolphins.

Brady doesn't play defense against the Jets

Brady can't prevent getting sacked. I bet we wouldn't have 4 TO's, but you're expecting a lot out of Brady to be able to win all those games where our defense gave up just about 30 every game.

there is a way I can tell you. Matt cassel played perfect for us to wit the Jets game. Does Brady prevent 3rd and 15 too?

I understand this team would regress due to the issues, but are we really going to use injuries as an excuse all the freaking time?

The only hope for the Pats to make the playoffs is win out and have the Ravens collapse. The Ravens next three games should very tough against the Redskins, Cowboys and Steelers. Brutal!

isnt the QB for the ravens a rookie? something flacko?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back